General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance

Dagamore, all you've done is regurgitate the neo-con talking point that came out the past couple weaks, that the media isn't telling the good stories. It's a clever defense because you can say "Iraq is doing well" and if someone says "prove it with facts" you can claim that the media is preventing the facts from coming out. It's a nice convenient way to not back up your statements.

Ayad Allawi, former Iraqi Primeminister and US favorite for the election who lives in Iraq has stated that his country is in the grips of a civil war. Why would we lie? What does he have to gain by exaggerating? How can you or anyone else dismiss what he says?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamore
lets see you posted links only from the NYTimes and 2 UK sources, (BBC and Guardian iirc) Now the NYTimes has been blatantly Anti-President Bush, and has been anti-Free Iraq since long before the start of the war, so everything I read from them, that is either Anti-President Bush or anti-Iraq I filter, since I have FIRST HAND EXPREIANCE of people that are either still over there, or were over there in the past 6 months. and something you should keep in mind about your 2 UK sources, both of them have been removed from the British Army Network (sorta like AFN) because they were caught read handed ignoring and or misreporting stories that showed British/US troops in a bad light.

You are not a dumb ass because you and I dont agree; you are a dumb ass because you are quoting the biased NYTimes like it is not a prime example of yellow journalism.

Since the last report I saw on the make up of the MSM showed that 92% of them were either Registered Democrats, or another left leaning political group. So I do not accept what most of the MSM have to say, now if the MSM was even closely to a proper cross sample of political believes it might make a difference, but since they are for the most part Blatant Partisan Hacks, and I spend all day working with Real US Army Soldiers and they have a vastly different opinion of what is going on in both OEF OIF. and before you get on a high horse about the military being blatantly right wing, the last Stars and Stripes (US Military Over Seas Paper) showed that only 41% think of them self’s as republicans/right wing, and 42% think of them self’s as democrats/left wing.

I dont buy the 50-60 per day, even if you count civilian casualties in that number, more like 25-30, and yes that ancient mosque did blow up, IED's are an issue, and the attacks are happening, but no in increasing numbers (look at the state.gov and or the army.mil OPI sites). I will tell you what they are saying.

Quote Medical SSG formerly assigned to 1/64 Armor 3rd ID (lead element in to Baghdad)
We found many hospitals/care centers that did not have any/very little medical gear, but tons of ammo and explosives. Why does a Medical Clinic need 250 75mm mortar rounds?

ect.
ect.
ect.

why dont we hear ever from the MSM about any of the new schools, what about the new hospitals, what about the 350 Mosques that Halliburton build in the past two years?

ect.
ect.
ect.

It’s because the NYTimes and other "News Sources" have taken the position that President Bush = Hitler and the US Military is all a bunch of bad people, so Iraq must be a shit hole. And they fail to report anything that does not support that idea.
Thanks Dagamore, you just saved me some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
Ayad Allawi, former Iraqi Primeminister and US favorite for the election who lives in Iraq has stated that his country is in the grips of a civil war. Why would we lie? What does he have to gain by exaggerating? How can you or anyone else dismiss what he says?
The US commander in Iraq says there is no civil war. We tend to believe him over Allawi, who holds no position in Iraq.

Also, my original post in this thread still rings true concerning your Daily Show and other far left media sources:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
And concerning what you see in the media, remember, they make money off ratings, and unfortunately, they feel the bad news and only the bad news, sells. They usually don't report the good that the troops and civilians see every day.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
Dagamore, all you've done is make me look bad, now shut the hell up bitch before I bitch at you somemore and make you feel really bad...

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

SilkSteel

Haha. The conservatives come in here with no news articles or proof besides he said/she said bull. Give me a break.

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE AUSTRALIA
But, is there any sort of agreement yet, "yeah, things in iraq are pretty messed up now compared to before"?

just currious on opinions/facts/etc

I doubt anyone here has lived in Iraq both then and now, so I wouldn't put any stock in the answers you're getting.

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish

Quote:
And concerning what you see in the media, remember, they make money off ratings, and unfortunately, they feel the bad news and only the bad news, sells. They usually don't report the good that the troops and civilians see every day.

If that was true, they'd never stop talking about impeaching Bush.

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Sheehan
the ~100,000 civilians who have gotten blown to smithereens over the past couple years disagree.

Yeah? Tell em to speak up.

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@$T@M@N
The Lancet Survey was wrong. The Iraq Body Count puts the deaths at a minimum of 28,501 and a maximum of 32,119.

What does the number really matter? Either number is probably higher than the number of people you've cared about in your entire life. How would you feel if everyone you ever cared about was killed for a lie?

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub
this thread was designed to attract limpie douchebags , just like maggots are attracted to rotting flesh.

How typically partisan and paranoid of you. Just what we've come to expect.

You should really reread your posts sometime and asks yourself - seroiusly - whether what you're saying makes any sense whatsoever. For example, in this case, liberals don't need a fucking reason to get together. Maybe the kids a troll who wanted to stir shit, but that'd involve people of all parties now, wouldn't it?

Quote:
dymmo , schmuck and DruggedOutShitty60'sSinger have already alit and laid their eggs in this steaming pile of camel shit -- the limpie clusterfuck will be complete when xaids and mike27
You could call it a limpie clusterfuck, but it looks more like a gang raping of righties. I see alot of "you're wrong, prove it," and then links and such coming from the libs. Oh, I get it...

The righties can't play, so it's a big fucking conspiracy now. Put the victim card away, cockdock.

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
We wont but he will claim he did and that somebody stole some of them and sold them to terrorists.........

this thread was designed to attract rightwing douchebags, and now that arthur has arrived, we can say with confidence...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSteel
Haha. The conservatives come in here with no news articles or proof besides he said/she said bull. Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamore
lets see you posted links only from the NYTimes and 2 UK sources, (BBC and Guardian iirc) Now the NYTimes has been blatantly Anti-President Bush, and has been anti-Free Iraq since long before the start of the war, so everything I read from them, that is either Anti-President Bush or anti-Iraq I filter, since I have FIRST HAND EXPREIANCE...

Hmmm, looks like you loose this one...

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Blowjob
this thread was designed to attract leftwing douchebags, and now that Postal Blowjob has arrived, we can say with confidence...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Hmmmmm..................

Badger_sly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Blowfish
If that was true, they'd never stop talking about impeaching Bush.
My quote is true. As for your hippie fantasy of impeaching President Bush, it isn't news because even the liberal news knows he can't be impeached, so there is no story.

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance

I'll just put this in what has become the Iraq thread. This is a horrible situation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060320/...raq_fatal_raid

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - After a roadside bomb killed a U.S. Marine in western Iraq, American troops went into nearby houses and shot dead 15 members of two families, including a 3-year-old-girl, residents told The Associated Press on Monday.

The military says about 12 Marines are under investigation for possible war crimes by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service following the Nov. 19 insurgent attack in Haditha, 140 miles northwest of Baghdad.
These marines must have been pretty high strung and when their friend died they must have lost it. Harsh! How insane you got to be to kill a 3 year old?

flurby
I can't think for myself so I let the Democrats do it for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
Hmmm, looks like you loose this one...

Uhh, you might want to get the quote right fucktard.

since I have FIRST HAND EXPREIANCE of people that are either still over there, or were over there in the past 6 months.

That would make it second-hand experience of actually what is going on in Iraq.