General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
brief update:

Today on my way to the university I saw this guy standing and waving at the largest freeway intersection. It looked like he had the flag but I couldn't tell for sure.
__________________
09 F9
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
Who's the bigger asshole here, really?

The guys that made a silly gesture, or the guy who made a silly gesture and acted like an ass?
Both of them made a silly gesture and both acted like an ass.....and both probably broke the law. If I have to side with anyone though it would be the crazed vietnam vet with the ZZTop beard though.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial001 View Post
i think it depends on the place. a mexican flag has no place at a government building, for instance (although i'm sure you'll agree with that statement).

that said, i think the prejudice and hatred against mexican-americans, especially the legal ones is entirely unjustified and needs to stop.

also, i think free willy ought to stop making threads.
correct, I have no problem with a flag code defining what governmental agencies do. However, private citizens should be allowed to fly their flags however they want.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

isugoat
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I am absolutely flabbergasted that some people cannot see the disrespect this act represents. Has the apathy of the american citizen truly become so great?

i think it has more to do with people wanting to show how open-minded they are by doing away with and mocking anything related to symbology or tradition.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM isugoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Bradd
I THOUGHT GOOGLE IS WHAT MY FATHER DOES TO ME EVERY NIGHT!
 
Bradd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post
correct, I have no problem with a flag code defining what governmental agencies do. However, private citizens should be allowed to fly their flags however they want.

Then I guess any private citizen should be able to walk up and tear it down.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM Bradd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Bradd
I THOUGHT GOOGLE IS WHAT MY FATHER DOES TO ME EVERY NIGHT!
 
Bradd's Avatar
 
Can anyone point out where it actually says that it is a federal offense to go against the flag code? It seems more like a code of etiquette, and I am having a hard time finding anything that says it is against the law to fly a flag above the US flag.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM Bradd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
funny, when some shitskins get riled up over something that's sacred to them and kind of trivial to us, the same people posting here expressing outrage are the first ones to valiantly defend freedom of speech
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Nano
 
Im as anti american as they come, and I still think that the veteran did the right thing.

Fly it at an equal level on a separate pole, or dont fly it.
__________________
Im not elitist, Ive simply been marginalized by the preponderance of idiots in the world.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM Nano is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizla View Post
I think it's pathetic that there are people who still exist that care about things like this.


These *millions* of *illegal* immigrants get free healthcare on your dime! They are fucking up the economy something fierce and hospitals are closing because they cant bear the burden!
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Free_Willy
 
Free_Willy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
funny, when some shitskins get riled up over something that's sacred to them and kind of trivial to us, the same people posting here expressing outrage are the first ones to valiantly defend freedom of speech

* freedom of speech for tax paying legal citizens under thier own constitution and laws OVER illegal aliens who flaunt and willfulls disobey those same laws.
__________________
"It's a jungle here--right now we're advising our clients to put all they can into canned goods and shotguns!"

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 PM Free_Willy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
* freedom of speech for tax paying legal citizens under thier own constitution and laws OVER illegal aliens who flaunt and willfulls disobey those same laws.

I thought the whole tax thing was unconstitutional,

For someone who's been cheerleading a fucking tax evader for a month in a row here, you sure do come out as a pompous fucking hypocrite when someone does something you *gasp* do not like.

not that I really care, fuck both flags and well, fuck you too
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.
 
mathlete's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoat View Post
i think it has more to do with people wanting to show how open-minded they are by doing away with and mocking anything related to symbology or tradition.

That could be. The problem they fail to acknowledge though is that even if they don't appreciate the symbolism of the act, the people doing it do. And that is what is upsetting - their intent.
__________________
"Sex and physics are a lot alike; they both give practical results but that's not why we do them."
Richard Feynman - physicist, bongo drummer

4/7/2009 mathlete became Dr. mathlete
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM mathlete is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
Then I guess any private citizen should be able to walk up and tear it down.
so you should be able to destroy my property because you don't like what i'm doing with it?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

Bradd
I THOUGHT GOOGLE IS WHAT MY FATHER DOES TO ME EVERY NIGHT!
 
Bradd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post
so you should be able to destroy my property because you don't like what i'm doing with it?

If flying a flag a certain way falls under free speech, then why shouldn't a citizen tearing down a flag fall the same way?

Last edited by Bradd; 10-04-2007 at 05:06 PM..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 PM Bradd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
If flying a flag a certain way falls under free speech, then why shouldn't a citizen tearing down a flag fall the same way?
because tearing down someone else's flag is destruction of their property, while flying the flags the wrong way harms nothing but emotions.

also, odds are the tearing down of the flags would involve other crimes, at least if this was done in a house as opposed to a business.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.