General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

wickedragon

I'm for the individuals right to end its own life, as long as the suicidee fulfill certain criteria.
  • The individual is of clear mind, and not affected by mood altering drugs or mood altering psychological defects.
    The Individuals do not stand to have monetary gain by doing this, nor should their family have monetary gain by the suicide.
    The individual has undergone a psychological screening process taking no less than three months; unless the person is in extreme physical pain without hope for improvement. Then shorten this time down to no less than two weeks; preferrably more.
    The individual is killed by medical professionals in such a manner as to preserve the individuals functioning organs and these should be used for transplantations.
Given more time and a better time of the day (07:10 in the morning, and I haven't slept yet) the list would probabl be longer and/or more detailed.

But also let me say this; I hate suicides. I love this life, this world and unless something happens to make this wonderful experience naught but pain from now until you die; without hope for anything good coming your way I bring my hate to those who choose to end it all.

I even have a hard tiem reading Norwegian writer Jens Bjørneboe because the fucker kileld himself. No mater how good his books are his final act taints it all in my mind. Fuck that coward. That whiny bastard. Fuck him long and hard.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedragon View Post
I'm for the individuals right to end its own life, as long as the suicidee fulfill certain criteria.
  • The individual is of clear mind, and not affected by mood altering drugs or mood altering psychological defects.
    The Individuals do not stand to have monetary gain by doing this, nor should their family have monetary gain by the suicide.
    The individual has undergone a psychological screening process taking no less than three months; unless the person is in extreme physical pain without hope for improvement. Then shorten this time down to no less than two weeks; preferrably more.
    The individual is killed by medical professionals in such a manner as to preserve the individuals functioning organs and these should be used for transplantations.
Given more time and a better time of the day (07:10 in the morning, and I haven't slept yet) the list would probabl be longer and/or more detailed.

But also let me say this; I hate suicides. I love this life, this world and unless something happens to make this wonderful experience naught but pain from now until you die; without hope for anything good coming your way I bring my hate to those who choose to end it all.

I even have a hard tiem reading Norwegian writer Jens Bjørneboe because the fucker kileld himself. No mater how good his books are his final act taints it all in my mind. Fuck that coward. That whiny bastard. Fuck him long and hard.

you can't rationalize this, you just can't. sorry

Beaumarchais
LICK
Spies, Lies, Polka Dot Bow Ties

So why would you support something you so vehemently hate? For a lot of people, they can't even imagine escaping their pain. They don't posess the rationale required to look beyond the hardships in their life. They don't sit there (most of the time) and think, "well, tomorrow might be better, I'll hold off on this whole suicide thing." One of the symptoms of depression is an inability to see beyond it. For you to rationalize it based on your terms seems inconsiderate of their feelings, and that's putting it mildly.

wickedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
you can't rationalize this, you just can't. sorry

First of all, you can rationalize everything; even emotions.

And I'm not saying suicide is a funtastic thing; I'm saying that if you have cancer in the pain center of your brain and have three or four weeks left to live either so drugged down that you can't do anything but salviate or in so much pain that the only thing you can do is scream; maybe suicide isn't such a bad thing for that person and that person should be allowed to decide for himself.
I cannot see how we, those not in unimaginable pain can stand on our tall horses and declare that "Nay! Suicide is bad. No death for you now. First pain!"
But I feel I need to stress once more; I look down upon suicides for "emotional" reasons. Sure, you have psychological illnesses. Mood swings and such, these need to be treated. No suicide for them.
And then you have those who just give up. No physical reason, they just can't take it any more. They need help, a hand to hold and so on and so forth. For a length of time. If after a certain amount of time that person still wants to off himself I don't think we should be allowed to stop him. But I think regulations can at least save the clean up crew a grizzly experience, and even have some use out of his organs. It's very very very bad. But that does not mean that we shouldn't try to make the best out of it, right?
Or would you rather just have teens blowing their heads off with their dad's sawn off shotgun?

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:

And I'm not saying suicide is a funtastic thing; I'm saying that if you have cancer in the pain center of your brain and have three or four weeks left to live either so drugged down that you can't do anything but salviate or in so much pain that the only thing you can do is scream; maybe suicide isn't such a bad thing for that person and that person should be allowed to decide for himself.
I cannot see how we, those not in unimaginable pain can stand on our tall horses and declare that "Nay! Suicide is bad. No death for you now. First pain!"
But I feel I need to stress once more; I look down upon suicides for "emotional" reasons. Sure, you have psychological illnesses. Mood swings and such, these need to be treated. No suicide for them.
And then you have those who just give up. No physical reason, they just can't take it any more. They need help, a hand to hold and so on and so forth. For a length of time. If after a certain amount of time that person still wants to off himself I don't think we should be allowed to stop him. But I think regulations can at least save the clean up crew a grizzly experience, and even have some use out of his organs. It's very very very bad. But that does not mean that we shouldn't try to make the best out of it, right?
Or would you rather just have teens blowing their heads off with their dad's sawn off shotgun?
nah

you can rationalize all you want within your own boundaries. That doesn't mean everyone subscribes to your shit, or even moderately agrees with it

ieyeasu

It depends on how much you value human life, I suppose.

wickedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyeasu View Post
It depends on how much you value human life, I suppose.
And how much you value freedom.

I think it is up to each person to be in control of their own life, even how it should end.
But I think it's societys (i.e laws) responsibility to not let temporary insanity or indeed chronic insanity kill someone.
I don't see the suicides of people with chronic depression as suicides per sé. They're deaths akin to the deaths of people with more physical diseases like cancer.

But beyond that, when a person under no such pressure decides to off himself I think it's that persons right to do so.
But I think it's in the publics best interest that this person when giving up his life also gives up one little thing: His body. In two ways.
First of all I think the manner of death should be decided by the public. Something that does not harm the body more than neccessary, and is painless. And of course free of charge for the suicidee.
Secondly let the remains be used for donor purposes. One life may be lost, but maybe more can be saved. It may be a bad thing, and that sucks.
But bad things happen all the time. Doesn't mean we should just roll over and play dead. Let's try to make the best out of the world as it is and try to meld it into what it could be.
A paradise for all.

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
And how much you value freedom.

I think it is up to each person to be in control of their own life, even how it should end.
But I think it's societys (i.e laws) responsibility to not let temporary insanity or indeed chronic insanity kill someone.
I don't see the suicides of people with chronic depression as suicides per sé. They're deaths akin to the deaths of people with more physical diseases like cancer.

But beyond that, when a person under no such pressure decides to off himself I think it's that persons right to do so.
But I think it's in the publics best interest that this person when giving up his life also gives up one little thing: His body. In two ways.
First of all I think the manner of death should be decided by the public. Something that does not harm the body more than neccessary, and is painless. And of course free of charge for the suicidee.
Secondly let the remains be used for donor purposes. One life may be lost, but maybe more can be saved. It may be a bad thing, and that sucks.
But bad things happen all the time. Doesn't mean we should just roll over and play dead. Let's try to make the best out of the world as it is and try to meld it into what it could be.
A paradise for all.

How about you go kill yourself so I don't have to read this asinine drivel spouting directly from what I can only assume is your asshole.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Paging DR Kevorkian

TheMorlock

Quote:

you fucked up cupcake.

wickedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Paging DR Kevorkian

Yes, I'm for the right of a patient to off themselves, or to get help to do so. A little more regulation than just that, but still, I feel the freedom of the individual is to important to deny someone the right to end themself.
If you're living a life of nothing but solitary pain in a hospital bed with no joy what so ever and the certainty that in five weeks you're going to die, shitting your self and vomiting blood; who am I to say that you should not get to kill yourself if you want to?
I know I want to cling to this thing called life for as long as I can, but I do not presume to force this wish down the throat of others. I want to listen to metal rather than jazz; I do not presume that others feel the same way. And its their RIGHT to listen to fucking jazz. And thats a small thing. The liberty to choose what music génre you are going to listen to.
To force someone to live with unspeakable pain, thats a whole other dimension of fucked up.

The problem is with zealous doctors and nurses who use euthanasia on patients who are mentally not all there, due to alzheimers or coma. That is murder.

I fail to see where I fucked a up cupcake.

d4rkspike
<3

In before Ry_goody mentions the government dropping clouds of LSD on the cities to make people stop committing suicide

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkspike View Post
In before Ry_goody mentions the government dropping clouds of LSD on the cities to make people stop committing suicide

That would be FW or JP

TheMorlock

Quote:
Yes, I'm for the right of a patient to off themselves, or to get help to do so. A little more regulation than just that, but still, I feel the freedom of the individual is to important to deny someone the right to end themself.
If you're living a life of nothing but solitary pain in a hospital bed with no joy what so ever and the certainty that in five weeks you're going to die, shitting your self and vomiting blood; who am I to say that you should not get to kill yourself if you want to?
I know I want to cling to this thing called life for as long as I can, but I do not presume to force this wish down the throat of others. I want to listen to metal rather than jazz; I do not presume that others feel the same way. And its their RIGHT to listen to fucking jazz. And thats a small thing. The liberty to choose what music génre you are going to listen to.
To force someone to live with unspeakable pain, thats a whole other dimension of fucked up.

The problem is with zealous doctors and nurses who use euthanasia on patients who are mentally not all there, due to alzheimers or coma. That is murder.

I fail to see where I fucked a up cupcake.

"But I feel I need to stress once more; I look down upon suicides for "emotional" reasons."

you fucked up cupcake

pain is pain

wickedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
"But I feel I need to stress once more; I look down upon suicides for "emotional" reasons."

you fucked up cupcake

pain is pain

And so?
I look down on people who buckle under pressure. I look down on people who give up without a fight. I look down on people who don't accept their mistakes and don't try to right their wrongs.
And I look down on people who kill themselves because their gf left them for some skater named Brad. I'm not saying it's not sad but they're not getting my respect. Fuck no.