Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

mockingbird
I AM A RETARDED HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT PLEASE REMIND ME OF THIS WHENEVER I POST

World Bank Orders Raid On Competition

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Quote:
"They took everything, all of the computers, everything but the desks and chairs," the company's founder and head, Bernard von NotHaus, said in a telephone interview from his home in Miami. "The federal government really is afraid." Von NotHaus changed the name of Norfed to Liberty Services earlier this year, but affidavits for government search warrants served yesterday continued to use the older name.
This is just an example of how a supposedly private citizen (bilderberg. et al.), is allowed to pull at the strings of the feds.

Comments?
"and why do you think these terrorist want to attack the US?, for fun?... no, the US screwed them, they promised help they never got, their familys starved to death, hell if it happend to me I'd do the same thing. (this doesn't mean I support it)"

-Mag

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Here's a comment, you're an idiot that doesn't even know what the world bank is.

LokiPatera

That had nothing to do with the World Bank you idiot.

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPatera View Post
That had nothing to do with the World Bank you idiot.

The Fed might have been behind it in some way, shape or form (as in, not conpiratively). Also, I wouldn't call it "competition". The Liberty Dollar was kind of like a fly is to an elephant.
WISDOM

LokiPatera

The US Treasury would have been the primary party behind the raid. Their duties according to wikipedia are as follows

-Recommends and implements the economic, fiscal, and currency policies of the President.
-Regulates exports and imports.
-Designs, prints, and mints, all authorized mediums of exchange used by the US Government, including Currency, Coins, Stamps, and Bonds.
-Regulates all financial institutions chartered by the United States.
-Collects all United States Revenue.
-Enforces all US Laws of a financial nature.

The last duty listed in particular. If this was a counterfeiting operation then the Secret Service probably would have dealt with it as they were officially created in 1865 as a branch of the Treasury to fight counterfeiters. But this was not counterfeiting, it was money fraud so the US Treasury would have jurisdiction.

mockingbird

Seeing as how private interests control the US Dollar (I.e. the federal reserve is privately owned), it's ludicrous to state that this raid was carried out in the interests of the public.

Quote:
it was money fraud so the US Treasury would have jurisdiction
Selling private commemorative coins is not "money fraud". They pimp those 911 "commemorative" coins on tv which are probably 99% slag all the time and I don't see anyone complaining about that.

This was a soviet-esque raid, plain and simple.
"and why do you think these terrorist want to attack the US?, for fun?... no, the US screwed them, they promised help they never got, their familys starved to death, hell if it happend to me I'd do the same thing. (this doesn't mean I support it)"

-Mag

Last edited by mockingbird; 11-17-2007 at 04:44 PM..

LokiPatera

When they pimp those 911 "commemorative" coins they splash a notice at the bottom of the ad that the the coins are not legal tender and have no value. The commemorative coins are NOT LEGAL TENDER and make no claims to be so. Its a pretty bauble, nothing more which is why it is not money fraud.

The Fed is a quasi-government / quasi-private banking system to approved financial institutions. It is tasked by the Federal Government with enacting US fiscal policy. In layman's terms it controls the US money supply. It is private so that no rogue element of the government (ie the executive branch) can control the money supply of the US. It also does not officially answer to any part of the US government.

mockingbird

Irelevant. The gold standard is constitutional, the legal tender standard is not.

Quote:
t is private so that no rogue element of the government (ie the executive branch) can control the money supply of the US
Nonsense. These "quasi-private" "organizations" lobbied for control of the U.S currency and finally got Woodrow Wilson to cave in, something which he regretted very strongly later [link coming], and they've been making us pay for it ever since (No pun intended).

John F. Kennedy gave a speech about this about precisely two weeks before he was assasinated. A tragedy of which reasons of its coverup still baffles the average American mind, and not because JFK was such a great guy, but albeit that he didn't usually pride himself on speaking the truth, this time he certainly was because just like President Lincoln, he was afraid, very afraid of these nihilistic nazis you call the corporate elite.

-Mag

Last edited by mockingbird; 11-17-2007 at 05:38 PM..

Komataguri

I used to have paranoid delusions like those, Mocking.

I reccomend you go speak to your doctor. He can help you.

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
I used to have paranoid delusions like those, Mocking.

I reccomend you go speak to your doctor. He can help you.

He's what you get when you cross a Truther, a Nazi and a Zionist.

He's just too far gone, sorry.
WISDOM

LokiPatera

blah blah blah.

Arguing with a paranoid nutjob is akin to arguing with a tree. And doing so on a web forum is even more a waste of my time.

The legal status and position in government of the US Fed according to Wikipedia

The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is an independent federal government agency.[14] The Board of Governors does not receive funding from Congress, and the terms of the seven members of the Board span multiple presidential and congressional terms. Once a member of the Board of Governors is appointed by the president, he or she functions mostly independently. The Board is required to make an annual report of operations to the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.[15] The law provides for the removal of a member of the Board by the President "for cause."[16] The Board of Governors is responsible for the formulation of monetary policy. It also supervises and regulates the operations of the Federal Reserve Banks, and US banking system in general.

Seems I earlier said the US Fed managed fiscal policy, which is a typo - I should have said monetary policy (money supply and interest/discount rates). The Legislative branch manages fiscal policy (federal money spending and taxation).

Komataguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by That German Guy View Post
He's what you get when you cross a Truther, a Nazi and a Zionist.

He's just too far gone, sorry.

I feel sorry for him.

LokiPatera

Constitutional or not, the gold standard is a bad standard and has been replaced by the fiat standard. Since the fiat standard and private money cannot co-exist (causes runs on banks) private money is illegal.

Last edited by LokiPatera; 11-17-2007 at 06:05 PM..

mockingbird

But why does the money have to be printed by a private corporation and not a people owned mint?

Je Accuse.

Quote:
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is an independent federal government agency.[14] The Board of Governors does not receive funding from Congress, and the terms of the seven members of the Board span multiple presidential and congressional terms. Once a member of the Board of Governors is appointed by the president, he or she functions mostly independently. The Board is required to make an annual report of operations to the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.[15] The law provides for the removal of a member of the Board by the President "for cause."[16] The Board of Governors is responsible for the formulation of monetary policy. It also supervises and regulates the operations of the Federal Reserve Banks, and US banking system in general.

-Mag

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Here's a comment, you're an idiot that doesn't even know what the world bank is.

I was thinking of opening an account with them. Do they pay good interest?

Closed Thread