General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gribly

Wait, you're so brand biased that your mother is looking for a car and you will only suggest BMW products for her? Holy crap dude, I didn't know you were that much of a mental case.

Plus, BMW is the big one for setting fires now, don't you ever read the news? Safety officials and BMW themselves advise people to park 2003 to 2010 BMW's outside.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SDmason
Jeff Goldblum

my girlfriend has a 2010 justa. just turned over 50k miles a few days ago. pretty sure everyones pointed out the usual things, if you need an automatic 07+ is the only way to go. the automatic from 07-10, is about as nice as an auto can get, my favorite feature is when going down a grade, you just tap the brake and it downshifts and holds that gear down the hill.

in 50,000 miles besides fluids and tires, the only service its needed is rear brakes, the fronts have another 5k or so til theyll need changed. air filter is getting changed before its put away for winter, and we changed the cabin filter for the hell of it. oh and factory alignment is terrible, and usually way fucking off.

its already been said but, the mini has a good deal of space in it. you can fit 4 215/45/17 tires in the back with the seats down, or pack for a two week vacation. the back seat is usable, but a pain to climb in and out of.

if you're tall, you should really get one of those stoplight refractor things to stick on the windshield. its nice being able to see when the light changes.

244ae5a619b09685d61720b122f68ff8

someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Wait, you're so brand biased that your mother is looking for a car and you will only suggest BMW products for her? Holy crap dude, I didn't know you were that much of a mental case.

Glad somebody else noticed.

Quote:
Plus, BMW is the big one for setting fires now, don't you ever read the news? Safety officials and BMW themselves advise people to park 2003 to 2010 BMW's outside.

ITS THE CONSERVATIVE MEDIA BIAS AGAINST BMWS, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

/liberaldouchehardon
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmason View Post
my girlfriend has a 2010 justa. just turned over 50k miles a few days ago. pretty sure everyones pointed out the usual things, if you need an automatic 07+ is the only way to go. the automatic from 07-10, is about as nice as an auto can get, my favorite feature is when going down a grade, you just tap the brake and it downshifts and holds that gear down the hill.

in 50,000 miles besides fluids and tires, the only service its needed is rear brakes, the fronts have another 5k or so til theyll need changed. air filter is getting changed before its put away for winter, and we changed the cabin filter for the hell of it. oh and factory alignment is terrible, and usually way fucking off.

its already been said but, the mini has a good deal of space in it. you can fit 4 215/45/17 tires in the back with the seats down, or pack for a two week vacation. the back seat is usable, but a pain to climb in and out of.

if you're tall, you should really get one of those stoplight refractor things to stick on the windshield. its nice being able to see when the light changes.

Thanks, sounds like the 07 ups are really worth it. Its not for me, she's like 5'6" so it should be fine. 4 wheels in the back? God damn. Even if it's just the tires.

[H]ard|On

Quote:

Why wouldn't I recommend the best?

The recall is for a small range of vin numbers on 5 and 6 series.

Quote:
A possibly improperly installed battery cable connector could come loose, which could cause the car not to start or the cable to overheat and even start a "smoldering fire" in the trunk, according to BMW and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Quote:
BMW said in a report to the NHTSA that the number of vehicles estimated to actually contain the cable is less than 1 percent of production.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Why wouldn't I recommend the best?

Then you should be suggesting a Ford, because they are the best for the money.

And it was only trucks from '97-2002 (iirc) that were having problems; and they fixed it. So there.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

[H]ard|On

hey a used 3 series is a good value no matter what you think of their new car pricing