General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
gribly
 
gribly's Avatar
 
Wait, you're so brand biased that your mother is looking for a car and you will only suggest BMW products for her? Holy crap dude, I didn't know you were that much of a mental case.

Plus, BMW is the big one for setting fires now, don't you ever read the news? Safety officials and BMW themselves advise people to park 2003 to 2010 BMW's outside.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:56 AM gribly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SDmason
Jeff Goldblum
 
my girlfriend has a 2010 justa. just turned over 50k miles a few days ago. pretty sure everyones pointed out the usual things, if you need an automatic 07+ is the only way to go. the automatic from 07-10, is about as nice as an auto can get, my favorite feature is when going down a grade, you just tap the brake and it downshifts and holds that gear down the hill.

in 50,000 miles besides fluids and tires, the only service its needed is rear brakes, the fronts have another 5k or so til theyll need changed. air filter is getting changed before its put away for winter, and we changed the cabin filter for the hell of it. oh and factory alignment is terrible, and usually way fucking off.

its already been said but, the mini has a good deal of space in it. you can fit 4 215/45/17 tires in the back with the seats down, or pack for a two week vacation. the back seat is usable, but a pain to climb in and out of.

if you're tall, you should really get one of those stoplight refractor things to stick on the windshield. its nice being able to see when the light changes.
__________________
set your goals low so when you dont achieve them your not mad.
Member of the Gen[M]ay Ohiovania State
**********************byof********************

244ae5a619b09685d61720b122f68ff8
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM SDmason is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

someone else
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Wait, you're so brand biased that your mother is looking for a car and you will only suggest BMW products for her? Holy crap dude, I didn't know you were that much of a mental case.

Glad somebody else noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Plus, BMW is the big one for setting fires now, don't you ever read the news? Safety officials and BMW themselves advise people to park 2003 to 2010 BMW's outside.

ITS THE CONSERVATIVE MEDIA BIAS AGAINST BMWS, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN


/liberaldouchehardon
__________________
Driving:
2005 Acura RSX Type-S
1996 Pontiac Trans Am - LT1 + T56, not stock
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM someone else is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmason View Post
my girlfriend has a 2010 justa. just turned over 50k miles a few days ago. pretty sure everyones pointed out the usual things, if you need an automatic 07+ is the only way to go. the automatic from 07-10, is about as nice as an auto can get, my favorite feature is when going down a grade, you just tap the brake and it downshifts and holds that gear down the hill.

in 50,000 miles besides fluids and tires, the only service its needed is rear brakes, the fronts have another 5k or so til theyll need changed. air filter is getting changed before its put away for winter, and we changed the cabin filter for the hell of it. oh and factory alignment is terrible, and usually way fucking off.

its already been said but, the mini has a good deal of space in it. you can fit 4 215/45/17 tires in the back with the seats down, or pack for a two week vacation. the back seat is usable, but a pain to climb in and out of.

if you're tall, you should really get one of those stoplight refractor things to stick on the windshield. its nice being able to see when the light changes.


Thanks, sounds like the 07 ups are really worth it. Its not for me, she's like 5'6" so it should be fine. 4 wheels in the back? God damn. Even if it's just the tires.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Wait, you're so brand biased that your mother is looking for a car and you will only suggest BMW products for her? Holy crap dude, I didn't know you were that much of a mental case.

Plus, BMW is the big one for setting fires now, don't you ever read the news? Safety officials and BMW themselves advise people to park 2003 to 2010 BMW's outside.

Why wouldn't I recommend the best?

The recall is for a small range of vin numbers on 5 and 6 series.



Quote:
A possibly improperly installed battery cable connector could come loose, which could cause the car not to start or the cable to overheat and even start a "smoldering fire" in the trunk, according to BMW and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Quote:
BMW said in a report to the NHTSA that the number of vehicles estimated to actually contain the cable is less than 1 percent of production.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Why wouldn't I recommend the best?

.

Then you should be suggesting a Ford, because they are the best for the money.

And it was only trucks from '97-2002 (iirc) that were having problems; and they fixed it. So there.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
hey a used 3 series is a good value no matter what you think of their new car pricing
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.