General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

I really fail to see how tire blowouts can cause anything bad to happen. I just had a tire blow out when I was doing 110 km/h (front passenger tire) and nothing untoward happened. Is it worse when a rear tire blows out? Do people jerk the steering wheel slam on the brakes and close their eyes?

My natural reaction was to get on the brakes nice and slow, put on my hazards and get over to the shoulder. Tire completely fucked. Me, including my pants, fine.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading View Post
I really fail to see how tire blowouts can cause anything bad to happen. I just had a tire blow out when I was doing 110 km/h (front passenger tire) and nothing untoward happened. Is it worse when a rear tire blows out? Do people jerk the steering wheel slam on the brakes and close their eyes?

My natural reaction was to get on the brakes nice and slow, put on my hazards and get over to the shoulder. Tire completely fucked. Me, including my pants, fine.
Many people panic when a tire blows out and jam on the brakes, swerve to the side of the road or both at the same time. The best thing to do is coast to a stop while gradually pulling off the road..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loading View Post

Depends on how the tire goes out.
From what I've seen, SUV and truck tires seem to do the most damage. I have seen numerous dually fiberglass fender flares get torn off.
When I was stationed at Andrews AFB up in Maryland, a friend that had a CJ7 ended up having to replace 1 of the soft lines on his brakes because the tread tore it off when it let go

HOLY CRAP! postin on the intarwebs from my phone!

Asa of the Infidel Crew