General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
going to bill burr standup on 17th

He's AWESOME live. Saw him last year in Gainesville and have tickets booked for his show in Charleston out in September. He's one of my favorites.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Our preferred spot for long range shooting in central california/methton is closed until October. This is a compromise, east of Sacramento, maximum range is 780m (versus 2400 at the other spot .)

Originally we were going to use this terrible drag-behind bicycle wagon thing (meant to carry toddlers or something idk) up the hill. Fortunately (and unfortunately) we saw another group of shooters drive their truck along a path we weren't aware of, exactly to the place where we were headed. Score! Also we were able to negotiate with them, bought ourselves a couple of hours to do our target + t-post install. Then we shot pistols with them later. It was great, I think both sides were happy w/ the arrangement. They had 308's, and were able to get on steel at least once or twice.

Bad footing underneath the spot where we wanted to place the target, so I had to support the weight of the drill while my buddy pressed forward and held the trigger....... Quartz dust is nasty stuff.

Done. F'ing perfect!! This is at 770m.

This is the 680. Not as ideal. His original plans were to "dig down until we hit bedrock..." Reality was, it's just dirt mixed with chips and small pebbles. There is no bedrock. We found two roughly level and generally stable boulders and put some holes in them. Chain on the steel will have to be extended by ~5 links for it to hang correctly.

This is where we set up, you can see that table off to the left, belongs to the other people who showed up after us (and would have been in our firing line.) We only shot long range for an hour, hour and a half, then went to pistol.

Gun did great, but I will be putting the brake back on asap.

This is the 680m target, I fucked it up, walked myself in after about three shots then kept the popper swinging! Wind was dead most of the day.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

This is supposed to be the 400m target location, but we ran through all four batteries, could only get this one partially set up.

still from a video showing drilling. started off with 1/2" then went to 7/8". No complaints about the equipment, it was basically effortless. I went one handed most of the time, took vids and spammed up facebook chat.

reorganizing, packing up steel and posts for the trip home.

nice shot I got on the way out

I didn't really explain properly above but... What we're doing is cementing metal stakes into the ground onto which we can attach t-posts. T-posts hold the steel up.

One of the big problems with this location is that you can't reliably sink t-posts because it is mostly rock. This means that targets fall over, and you have to hike up the mountain to re-set them, wasting valuable shooting time. We put in this bit of work, now we'll just be able to coast in, plop posts down, hang the steel and spend the next 4-6 hours shooting.

Typhoon43

Can you not jut leave the posts in or is it going to get stolen? I always thought most long range shooting guys were a good group.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I've never met any really shitty people while out here. but mixed bag.

There were some cops we ran into last year, off duty, they were being mildly dickish.

This spot was totally shut down for several years because some bad eggs shot and killed some grazing cows

Cows were out here the day we went, one was in our firing line in fact (but behind a berm.) They don't seem to care about the gun blasts.

Also the locals shouldn't be fucked with, they are part of this Jeffersonville movement that wants to secede from califagia. Always need to be sure to wave to them and be friendly.

So, in summary, would t-posts get stolen? Most likely yeah.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

fun as hell. I am definitely going to need to go to more standup

i bought a ticket to chris delia in sacramento on Sat but... I might bitch out because it's late, and it's a 1:45 drive each way........................

dag

Typhoon43

Burr is fucking fantastic. Glad you got to see him live. And it looks like your is assuming the shape to fit into the carrier behind it.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

you could tell it was Bill Burr from that little blur standing on stage?

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
fun as hell. I am definitely going to need to go to more standup

i bought a ticket to chris delia in sacramento on Sat but... I might bitch out because it's late, and it's a 1:45 drive each way........................

dag

It's Sac State graduation this weekend so there'll be drunk af college chicks everywhere downtown Saturday night.

I can uber you to your car Sunday morning if you get lucky.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
you could tell it was Bill Burr from that little blur standing on stage?

i had to be stealthy with my phone, people behind spent the first 10 mins after sitting down trash talking, shit like "ANYBODY WHO USES THEIR PHONE IS A POS"

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
It's Sac State graduation this weekend so there'll be drunk af college chicks everywhere downtown Saturday night.

I can uber you to your car Sunday morning if you get lucky.

set me up with a drunken college chick

you're required by uber policy to decline knob slobbage, I am not

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I should have bought one of these YEARS ago. Effortless coolant top-off. No running around to top off, no overflow gushing all over my engine bay. Awesome. Also bought a drill-powered pump, I was going to try to push coolant in from the front, let it flow back to this point but... No need. This thing worked perfectly. I am taking on air somewhere, I think one of the "hoses from hell," (cramped impossible to access coolant lines on the turbo) might have popped a pinhole leak. But also the o-rings on the valves at the front of the car are probably tired out. I don't know.

I wouldn't do it again. Fucking 1:45 drive one way. Ticket broker had "no refund" policy. It was fun, but not fun enough to justify all that driving. Also... Show time was 10pm, so I didn't get out of there until 11:15. Didn't get home til 3:30AM!

I lost track of where I parked, I knew it was in front of a library, I had a "mental picture" of the location, I figured that was good enough. I used Goog Maps to find and walk to two different libraries, none of them were my library. Late night, hobos + prostitutes + degenerates everywhere. Lot of police out though, because as bd said it was also sac state grad night. Like an hour and a half of running around. Fortunately Waze dropped a waypoint of my parking spot. If not for that I would probably have been out there another hour at least.

Show was pretty good, better energy in the room than Burr. D'elia's standup doesn't share that much in common w/ the podcast. Podcast he is cunty and bitter non stop, on stage a lot of his humor sounds more basic, less pointed, he's not just slamming people non stop.

Burr's standup was 1:1 copy of podcast, I liked it more. Comparatively the audience was a lot deader, half of the room would get the joke the other half wouldn't. Lot of wives and girlfriends dragged in there.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

forgetting where you parked sucks

years ago I lost my car at a mall... didn't make any mental note of which en I went in; totally had my head up my ass. Took me almost 2 hours to find it. Wouldn't have been quite as bad if I wasn't flanked by 2 SUVs. I probably walked within 50 ft of my car 2 or 3 times

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Did that at a long-term parking at the airport once. No bueno.
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjr View Post
Did that at a long-term parking at the airport once. No bueno.

I did too last summer. The irony was that I made it a point to park in a spot with a number I'd remember (F22). The problem was I incorrectly assumed that was the only F22 slot on the roof of the parking garage... turns out there were like 5. It didn't take me too terribly long to figure that out, but holy shit that sucked because it was about 130F on that roof and I was wandering around dragging all of my luggage.