General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
the ice age is ending, why is everyone making this a big deal? This isn't the first or the last time earth has gone through an ice age. Only the caps are left and they are eventually going to be gone. So what? This is what happens. If you don't like it then leave earth. I'm also pretty cure that co2 has nothing to do with the ice age ending. Plants eat that shit up and grow bigger to compensate for the increase in co2

The ignorance, you like it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Viremia
Mental Pygmy

I'm just gonna chime in with this, after briefly perusing this thread:

the word "data" is plural

kthnxbai

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Welp, so much for for the econazi's softening their stance on nuclear power...I think the earthquake in Japan and the fact that five nuke plants are having issues will only reinforce their "nukes r bad..mmmkay?" stance.

edit- datas..or "datii" if you prefer.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Last edited by joemama; 03-11-2011 at 07:12 PM..

hamburger79

there's also no proof that im going to go batshit crazy. but i am.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Welp, so much for for the econazi's softening their stance on nuclear power...I think the earthquake in Japan and the fact that five nuke plants are having issues will only reinforce their "nukes r bad..mmmkay?" stance.

edit- datas..or "datii" if you prefer.

Reading news items must be hard for you, as it seems you cannot read information without making some caricature enemy that vehemently opposes everything you just read

e:Besides, I've never even actually heard people specifically shitting on japans production of electricity? There's like 120 million of them in those cramped fucking islands, they hardly have any feasible alternatives even if one were to think nuclear power is the worst solution

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Reading news items must be hard for you, as it seems you cannot read information without making some caricature enemy that vehemently opposes everything you just read

e:Besides, I've never even actually heard people specifically shitting on japans production of electricity? There's like 120 million of them in those cramped fucking islands, they hardly have any feasible alternatives even if one were to think nuclear power is the worst solution
POINT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------yuo

I don't care if Japan uses ground up baby seals to burn for fuel...I'm just saying that this is the sort of thing (natural disaster making nuke plants unstable) that anti-nuke people use for their own fuel. I'm anti-nuclear weapons, but pro-nuclear power generation.....some ecofascist's can't really see the difference however.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Yes, so my point was spot on.

Basically, there might be a potential nuclear disaster going on (if you noticed there was this earthquake & tsunami combo happening), and the first thing you thought up was...?

Yeah. Good job. Well, let's just hope someone antinuclear person on the internet doesn't hurt your preconceived butthurt feelings.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

crazy knee jerk reactionists reacting to actual potential dangers.

when will they ever learn?

joemama

Quote:
Yes, so my point was spot on.

Basically, there might be a potential nuclear disaster going on (if you noticed there was this earthquake & tsunami combo happening), and the first thing you thought up was...?

Yeah. Good job. Well, let's just hope someone antinuclear person on the internet doesn't hurt your preconceived butthurt feelings.
It was hardly the first thing I thought of when I heard about the quake, and if you haven't noticed yet...this thread isn't dedicated to that event.

So, I guess you feel that anti-nuke people won't use this as an argument against expansion of nuclear power plants, and even if they do it's ok because solar, wind, hydro and (as yet undiscovered) unobtanium perpetual motion technology will do just fine to power a world of 7 billion+?

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
crazy knee jerk reactionists reacting to actual potential dangers.

when will they ever learn?
Potential dangers of plants on an island nation prone to earthquakes and resulting giant waves versus the same thing built in the interior of large continents that aren't in danger of either? Heaven forbid that we should learn from this incident and work on desigining nuke plants that won't go into meltdown whent he earth shrugs. We should just throw up our hands and say "ah well...too dangerous, so lets just destroy some more farmland with thousands of giant windmills that aren't nearly as efficient as nuke plants"

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
It was hardly the first thing I thought of when I heard about the quake, and if you haven't noticed yet...this thread isn't dedicated to that event.

So, I guess you feel that anti-nuke people won't use this as an argument against expansion of nuclear power plants, and even if they do it's ok because solar, wind, hydro and (as yet undiscovered) unobtanium perpetual motion technology will do just fine to power a world of 7 billion+?

Yes, you're right, it isn't dedicated to it. However, you're the one that felt it pretty important to point out, that someone ***might*** actually find a nuclear disaster pretty unpleasant. Wow, those crazy econazis lol, I mean it's just a fucking reactor rite

joemama

Quote:
Yes, you're right, it isn't dedicated to it. However, you're the one that felt it pretty important to point out, that someone ***might*** actually find a nuclear disaster pretty unpleasant. Wow, those crazy econazis lol, I mean it's just a fucking reactor rite
How about this for crazy..instead of using this to say "OMFG nukes r bad, no more nuke plants k?" hows about using this example (and Chernobyl) to learn how to build nuclear power plants that have cooling systems that don't fail during earthquakes? Or do you advocate building more coal burning power plants...or shutting them all down (coal and nuke) and just doing without electricity. (or interwebs, any kind of technology etc..) Wind/hydro/solar will get more and more efficient eventually, but they're nowhere near replacing what a coal/nuke power plant is capable of.

edit- oh, and there isn't any "might" to it.....just wait.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
How about this for crazy..instead of using this to say "OMFG nukes r bad, no more nuke plants k?" hows about using this example (and Chernobyl) to learn how to build nuclear power plants that have cooling systems that don't fail during earthquakes? Or do you advocate building more coal burning power plants...or shutting them all down (coal and nuke) and just doing without electricity. (or interwebs, any kind of technology etc..) Wind/hydro/solar will get more and more efficient eventually, but they're nowhere near replacing what a coal/nuke power plant is capable of.

edit- oh, and there isn't any "might" to it.....just wait.

Can you read? No, no you can't. Thanks for the econazi emulator opinion, I'm sure it'll come in handy.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Well just to go along with this temp derailment.

An ecofreak group has already cried ZOMG there is a nuke plant only 25 miles from NYC and it is not safety rated for a japan level earthquake!!! How Can The Gubmint Let This Happen!!!

So chalk one up for joe

Now back to your regularly scheduled AGW pseudoscience

Mooninites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Well just to go along with this temp derailment.

An ecofreak group has already cried ZOMG there is a nuke plant only 25 miles from NYC and it is not safety rated for a japan level earthquake!!! How Can The Gubmint Let This Happen!!!

So chalk one up for joe

Now back to your regularly scheduled AGW pseudoscience
Source? (curious)