General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
the ice age is ending, why is everyone making this a big deal? This isn't the first or the last time earth has gone through an ice age. Only the caps are left and they are eventually going to be gone. So what? This is what happens. If you don't like it then leave earth. I'm also pretty cure that co2 has nothing to do with the ice age ending. Plants eat that shit up and grow bigger to compensate for the increase in co2

The ignorance, you like it?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1831  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Viremia
Mental Pygmy
 
Viremia's Avatar
 
I'm just gonna chime in with this, after briefly perusing this thread:

the word "data" is plural

kthnxbai
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 AM Viremia is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1832  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Welp, so much for for the econazi's softening their stance on nuclear power...I think the earthquake in Japan and the fact that five nuke plants are having issues will only reinforce their "nukes r bad..mmmkay?" stance.


edit- datas..or "datii" if you prefer.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Last edited by joemama; 03-11-2011 at 07:12 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1833  

hamburger79
 
there's also no proof that im going to go batshit crazy. but i am.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM hamburger79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1834  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Welp, so much for for the econazi's softening their stance on nuclear power...I think the earthquake in Japan and the fact that five nuke plants are having issues will only reinforce their "nukes r bad..mmmkay?" stance.


edit- datas..or "datii" if you prefer.

Reading news items must be hard for you, as it seems you cannot read information without making some caricature enemy that vehemently opposes everything you just read


e:Besides, I've never even actually heard people specifically shitting on japans production of electricity? There's like 120 million of them in those cramped fucking islands, they hardly have any feasible alternatives even if one were to think nuclear power is the worst solution
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1835  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Reading news items must be hard for you, as it seems you cannot read information without making some caricature enemy that vehemently opposes everything you just read


e:Besides, I've never even actually heard people specifically shitting on japans production of electricity? There's like 120 million of them in those cramped fucking islands, they hardly have any feasible alternatives even if one were to think nuclear power is the worst solution
POINT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------yuo


I don't care if Japan uses ground up baby seals to burn for fuel...I'm just saying that this is the sort of thing (natural disaster making nuke plants unstable) that anti-nuke people use for their own fuel. I'm anti-nuclear weapons, but pro-nuclear power generation.....some ecofascist's can't really see the difference however.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1836  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Yes, so my point was spot on.


Basically, there might be a potential nuclear disaster going on (if you noticed there was this earthquake & tsunami combo happening), and the first thing you thought up was...?


Yeah. Good job. Well, let's just hope someone antinuclear person on the internet doesn't hurt your preconceived butthurt feelings.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1837  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Welp, so much for for the econazi's softening their stance on nuclear power...I think the earthquake in Japan and the fact that five nuke plants are having issues will only reinforce their "nukes r bad..mmmkay?" stance.

crazy knee jerk reactionists reacting to actual potential dangers.

when will they ever learn?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-12-2011, 12:04 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1838  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, so my point was spot on.


Basically, there might be a potential nuclear disaster going on (if you noticed there was this earthquake & tsunami combo happening), and the first thing you thought up was...?


Yeah. Good job. Well, let's just hope someone antinuclear person on the internet doesn't hurt your preconceived butthurt feelings.
It was hardly the first thing I thought of when I heard about the quake, and if you haven't noticed yet...this thread isn't dedicated to that event.

So, I guess you feel that anti-nuke people won't use this as an argument against expansion of nuclear power plants, and even if they do it's ok because solar, wind, hydro and (as yet undiscovered) unobtanium perpetual motion technology will do just fine to power a world of 7 billion+?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1839  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
crazy knee jerk reactionists reacting to actual potential dangers.

when will they ever learn?
Potential dangers of plants on an island nation prone to earthquakes and resulting giant waves versus the same thing built in the interior of large continents that aren't in danger of either? Heaven forbid that we should learn from this incident and work on desigining nuke plants that won't go into meltdown whent he earth shrugs. We should just throw up our hands and say "ah well...too dangerous, so lets just destroy some more farmland with thousands of giant windmills that aren't nearly as efficient as nuke plants"
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1840  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
It was hardly the first thing I thought of when I heard about the quake, and if you haven't noticed yet...this thread isn't dedicated to that event.

So, I guess you feel that anti-nuke people won't use this as an argument against expansion of nuclear power plants, and even if they do it's ok because solar, wind, hydro and (as yet undiscovered) unobtanium perpetual motion technology will do just fine to power a world of 7 billion+?

Yes, you're right, it isn't dedicated to it. However, you're the one that felt it pretty important to point out, that someone ***might*** actually find a nuclear disaster pretty unpleasant. Wow, those crazy econazis lol, I mean it's just a fucking reactor rite
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1841  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, you're right, it isn't dedicated to it. However, you're the one that felt it pretty important to point out, that someone ***might*** actually find a nuclear disaster pretty unpleasant. Wow, those crazy econazis lol, I mean it's just a fucking reactor rite
How about this for crazy..instead of using this to say "OMFG nukes r bad, no more nuke plants k?" hows about using this example (and Chernobyl) to learn how to build nuclear power plants that have cooling systems that don't fail during earthquakes? Or do you advocate building more coal burning power plants...or shutting them all down (coal and nuke) and just doing without electricity. (or interwebs, any kind of technology etc..) Wind/hydro/solar will get more and more efficient eventually, but they're nowhere near replacing what a coal/nuke power plant is capable of.

edit- oh, and there isn't any "might" to it.....just wait.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1842  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
How about this for crazy..instead of using this to say "OMFG nukes r bad, no more nuke plants k?" hows about using this example (and Chernobyl) to learn how to build nuclear power plants that have cooling systems that don't fail during earthquakes? Or do you advocate building more coal burning power plants...or shutting them all down (coal and nuke) and just doing without electricity. (or interwebs, any kind of technology etc..) Wind/hydro/solar will get more and more efficient eventually, but they're nowhere near replacing what a coal/nuke power plant is capable of.

edit- oh, and there isn't any "might" to it.....just wait.

Can you read? No, no you can't. Thanks for the econazi emulator opinion, I'm sure it'll come in handy.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 03-13-2011, 11:43 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1843  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Well just to go along with this temp derailment.

An ecofreak group has already cried ZOMG there is a nuke plant only 25 miles from NYC and it is not safety rated for a japan level earthquake!!! How Can The Gubmint Let This Happen!!!

So chalk one up for joe


Now back to your regularly scheduled AGW pseudoscience
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1844  

Mooninites
 
Mooninites's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Well just to go along with this temp derailment.

An ecofreak group has already cried ZOMG there is a nuke plant only 25 miles from NYC and it is not safety rated for a japan level earthquake!!! How Can The Gubmint Let This Happen!!!

So chalk one up for joe


Now back to your regularly scheduled AGW pseudoscience
Source? (curious)
__________________
Mooninites unite!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 AM Mooninites is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1845  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.