General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
LT1's generally put down 265-275 to the wheels. you're basement 14s, i'm basement 14s. I just bet I know how to drive better than you do.

Got a buddy who just moved out there, I may be crashing on his couch while i find a job after I save up some money after graduation.

It's rated that at the crank and seems pretty unlikely, no matter the point is for some reason you refuse to believe a motor can be opened up with some minor changes. I'm in the 13s I promise you, forget the stock number. It doesn't take much either, an S50 manifold and a 7,500rpm tune basically. The catback, CAI and all that shit is more for sound than anything else. It's like swapping an LT1 manifold onto an L98, makes a huge difference. (edit) I was going to link you to lt1intake.com but he's out of business now.

And again better driver as far as what? Pushing the gas and rowing gears? I'm pretty good at that, there's not much to it.

Last edited by [H]ard|On; 04-29-2011 at 06:24 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
It's rated that at the crank and seems pretty unlikely, no matter the point is for some reason you refuse to believe a motor can be opened up with some minor changes. I'm in the 13s I promise you, forget the stock number. It doesn't take much either, an S50 manifold and a 7,500rpm tune basically. The catback, CAI and all that shit is more for sound than anything else. It's like swapping an LT1 manifold onto an L98, makes a huge difference. (edit) I was going to link you to lt1intake.com but he's out of business now.

And again better driver as far as what? Pushing the gas and rowing gears? I'm pretty good at that, there's not much to it.

underrated at 305hp at the crank.

I was under the impression you were stock.

I honestly don't care all that much, your BMW douchebaggery is just really annoying and its tiring listening to you think you own the greatest car in the world.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazehell View Post
Of those sales I would quicker jump on the SC400 with the manual swap. One some Lexus for a dude twin turbocharged his and also did a Getrag manual swap and that car was just(He spend a lot on the car though, in this case half the work is done)
my point is, those are all from like, one day on the f/s section of zilvia. you can get some dope shit for 10k

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
underrated at 305hp at the crank.

I was under the impression you were stock.

I honestly don't care all that much, your BMW douchebaggery is just really annoying and its tiring listening to you think you own the greatest car in the world.

Well sorry but apparently the one thing domestic people think they have over cars like my little kraut wagon is not really worth talking about. So naturally you get all upset whan I take that away.

And I do think it's one of the greatest cars in the world. If I had to replace it I really don't know what I'd get except another one, or an e46 M although it would be newer and more refined it wouldn't really be better in performance.

Have I ever driven a maro? Yes I have as well as other ponies like sn95/98 and a fox. And I'm not going to recommend it to a guy who's looking to dabble in what was respectively the pinnacle of german or japanese engineering, and in many ways still is.

FFS tell him to get a vette if you're going to recommend something domestic. C5 is a great car and was the top of the american food chain for a long ass time, only being displaced by it's younger brothers.

Legend

I looked at what E36 M3s you can get for ten thousand - this is the lowest mileage one for sale, at 70K (most have 110-140K) which has a lot of money into it. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=297538897

[H]ard|On

Not bad if you're a fan of "technoviolet"

HIDs are always worth it too. 95s have a few things about them - obviously .2L less, but also less later-year fixes that involve the window motors, certain reinforcements etc so generally speaking getting 95 usually means the owner wants OBDI specifically. 66k also means it's due for the full array of maintanance and crap, and may not have some of the must-have fixes installed (later $)

Racing pedals and OG wheels and custom metal shift knob indicate a few things too

erganomulos

Porsche, always