General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Drive this car down the road and people will assume that you are a hardcore car guy that spent years creating that masterpiece in your garage.....drive a Veyron and everyone assumes you're a rich douche trying to compensate for something. I just used the Veyron as an example, but I would also choose this over a lot of more expensive exotics.

True.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
the 1000 horsepower in the veyron is probably more usable than the 780 in a rwd tail happy car

now if it were FWD then I would drool.
Yeah, I don't think they left the stock 60's era suspension intact. And also...FWD seriously?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think they left the stock 60's era suspension intact. And also...FWD seriously?

if you even look at the picture of the rear, you can see that the rear suspension has been changed

Asa of the Infidel Crew

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Drive this car down the road and people will assume that you are a hardcore car guy that spent years creating that masterpiece in your garage.....drive a Veyron and everyone assumes you're a rich douche trying to compensate for something. I just used the Veyron as an example, but I would also choose this over a lot of more expensive exotics.

meh, even occ did a theme bike for the company that made these. i dont think many people are gunna think you built it

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:

Nah, trolling.

I am serious about the veyron being superior at putting the power down... I think that's a given/completely obvious statement

Now I'm not asking for an AWD mustang, that would be borderline atrocious, I just don't see how you can compare a spit shined muscle car being sold for a profit to 1.2 million of engineering marvels sold at a loss, much less declare that it's better.

DuMa

you lost me when you compared a rustang to a veyron. sorry

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Nah, trolling.

I am serious about the veyron being superior at putting the power down... I think that's a given/completely obvious statement

Now I'm not asking for an AWD mustang, that would be borderline atrocious, I just don't see how you can compare a spit shined muscle car being sold for a profit to 1.2 million of engineering marvels sold at a loss, much less declare that it's better.
Didn't say that it was better, (although that is subjective) just that I would much rather own this piece of pimped out automotive history....and I'm sure it wouldn't cost 1.2mil. Personally, I find the Veyron strange looking and borderline ugly from certain angles..but can't deny that the performance is awesome. The point is that someone will make a production car that will best the Veyron (I think it's already been done) but cars like this will never be made again.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

zerokewl

Quote:

Spending money I earned one way or another on an amazing piece of machinery is douchy now? Does that mean since I spent a box of cash on the highest end computer parts, instead of an old C2D thats overclocked to 15ghz Im also a douche?

That logic is not sound at all. Im sure if sold that Mustang would not come cheap at all. Im also sure that more time, money, R&D and effort goes into building the Veyron.

Im all for classic cars, especially over built classic muscle but comparing this to high end exotics, especially an ultra high end hyper car, is silly. They are in completely different classes.

Also, not being a dick, just my opinion.

Last edited by zerokewl; 05-05-2011 at 12:20 PM..

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Palin View Post
Wow this is even sexier than the first time you posted it

It's the forum, I only hit the button once and it processed forever.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

asa

last sentence of the second paragraph is wrong, sounds like you're saying that they re-engineer the Veyron every time they build one

Asa of the Infidel Crew

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

zerokewl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
last sentence of the second paragraph is wrong, sounds like you're saying that they re-engineer the Veyron every time they build one

GOD HAPPY NOW?

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
Spending money I earned one way or another on an amazing piece of machinery is douchy now? Does that mean since I spent a box of cash on the highest end computer parts, instead of an old C2D thats overclocked to 15ghz Im also a douche?

That logic is not sound at all. Im sure if sold that Mustang would not come cheap at all. Im also sure that more time, money, R&D and effort goes into building each and every Veyron.

Im all for classic cars, especially over built classic muscle but comparing this to high end exotics, especially an ultra high end hyper car, is silly. They are in completely different classes.

Also, not being a dick, just my opinion.
Everyone has different tastes. If I had loads of cash to throw around I would get something like this...plenty of other people would head straight for the nearest Ferrari/Lambo dealer. To each their own..

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

DreamWarrior

I'm just bumping the lower dupe, I think it feels left out.

Oh...and I'd take the Bugatti if I had the cash. I'm not saying this isn't nice. I'd certainly drive it. But, I would enjoy the Veyron exponentially more.

asa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
GOD HAPPY NOW?

yeah, i am

Asa of the Infidel Crew