General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gene430
pwned

Why do the liberals have so much hate?

I have been wondering lately why it seems to me that the left is so angry all the time. I know it's the campaign season and debates are heating up, etc. but the intensity of the hatred coming from the left seems more severe than ever. I thought it was just me, but others see it as well.

Nano says crosslinking is bad

I thought we had seen the highs of the Bush-bashing after Katrina when Bush was actually blamed for steering the storm to New Orleans. I understand that the left blames Bush for the war in Iraq (although Congress voted to authorize it) and that Bush lied about WMD's (although Congress, several countries, and U.N. also believed he had them) but, even if all that is true, is this hatred good for the country.

In less than a year, the left's candidate may very well be in charge. How are they going to heal a country they have spent years tearing apart?

This country has faced many more obstacles in the past than it currently is facing. You can list Iraq, subprime loan debacle, $100 barrel oil.....but I can list WWII, 20% interest rates, and NO Oil (Oil embargo of 70's), Americans being held hostage, etc, Russia aiming missiles at us, etc. My point is that in the past, our country has had problems and gotten through them by coming together as a people. Can you imagine your mother going off to the factory to make bombs because all the men were off in a war or the fact that you had to ration gas or sugar every day. It happened in this country! Believe me, there have been far worse or challenging times than the ones we have today. This country will get through it if we pull together.

I guess my point is that the left has been calling for Bush's head for 2 or 3 years and blaming him for all our problems.....well guess what, Bush will be out in a few months. Is the left prepared to take over and solve all our problems? Will we continue to have gridlock in Washington? Should the right now begin blaming everything wrong in the world on the new President? When will the bickering end and our nation begin moving forward?

Last edited by Nano; 01-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Crosslinking.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

STOP PIMPING YOUR FUCKNIG SITE, WE GET IT YOU HAVE A FUCKING SITE, ALRIGHT

YOURS,

THE ANGRY FUCKING LIBERAL

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

I heard it was the jews' fault

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
STOP PIMPING YOUR FUCKNIG SITE, WE GET IT YOU HAVE A FUCKING SITE, ALRIGHT

YOURS,

THE ANGRY FUCKING LIBERALtarianite

agreed and fixt for me

Doctor Octagon
I must construct additional pylons.

Nine shitty threads on the first page, congratulations.

1337rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene430 View Post
I have been wondering lately why it seems to me that the left is so angry all the time. I know it's the campaign season and debates are heating up, etc. but the intensity of the hatred coming from the left seems more severe than ever. I thought it was just me, but others see it as well.

http://www.politibyte.com/modules.ph...article&sid=37

I thought we had seen the highs of the Bush-bashing after Katrina when Bush was actually blamed for steering the storm to New Orleans. I understand that the left blames Bush for the war in Iraq (although Congress voted to authorize it) and that Bush lied about WMD's (although Congress, several countries, and U.N. also believed he had them) but, even if all that is true, is this hatred good for the country.

In less than a year, the left's candidate may very well be in charge. How are they going to heal a country they have spent years tearing apart?

This country has faced many more obstacles in the past than it currently is facing. You can list Iraq, subprime loan debacle, $100 barrel oil.....but I can list WWII, 20% interest rates, and NO Oil (Oil embargo of 70's), Americans being held hostage, etc, Russia aiming missiles at us, etc. My point is that in the past, our country has had problems and gotten through them by coming together as a people. Can you imagine your mother going off to the factory to make bombs because all the men were off in a war or the fact that you had to ration gas or sugar every day. It happened in this country! Believe me, there have been far worse or challenging times than the ones we have today. This country will get through it if we pull together.

I guess my point is that the left has been calling for Bush's head for 2 or 3 years and blaming him for all our problems.....well guess what, Bush will be out in a few months. Is the left prepared to take over and solve all our problems? Will we continue to have gridlock in Washington? Should the right now begin blaming everything wrong in the world on the new President? When will the bickering end and our nation begin moving forward?

If they can suceed in getting us to spend all of our efforts defending Bush, we won't have time to take them to task for all of thier failings (of which there are many), and thier horrible ideas to solve these problems. I mean for fucks sake, freezing interest rates?

And liberalism requires pessimism. if people feel empowered, secure in the futures, they don't support ideologies that take that away from them. If, on the other hand, a perception can be created that we're heading to hell in a handbasket, they are much more likely to buy into big brother taking care of them.

Nano

No crosslinking. Try to curtail your posting too, read the rules.

gene430
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337rider View Post
If they can suceed in getting us to spend all of our efforts defending Bush, we won't have time to take them to task for all of thier failings (of which there are many), and thier horrible ideas to solve these problems. I mean for fucks sake, freezing interest rates?

And liberalism requires pessimism. if people feel empowered, secure in the futures, they don't support ideologies that take that away from them. If, on the other hand, a perception can be created that we're heading to hell in a handbasket, they are much more likely to buy into big brother taking care of them.

Thanks for an intelligent response.

Mr. Marbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I heard it was the jews' fault

Free_Willy

Thats an easy one - Liberals embrace notions that are while beautiful concepts, absolutely unattainable, destructive, and contrary to human nature not to mention nonenforceable. Liberals are cruel to conservatives in an attempt to make them less cruel. - They just do it without the beautiful Icon of compassion that is the Jesus Christ figure. Ironically.

Liberal: "Strawberry fields forever! I believe in all notions and concepts of compassion and cooperation and love between human beings - as long as you dont ask me to actually believe in the greatest concept of such! *cough* Jesus!"

Conversely conservatives embrace all that is cruel and seek to legislate such cruelty in an attempt to force everyone to be as cruel as they are. Conservatives are cruel to liberals in an attempt to make them less the dreamer, or perhaps simply to prove thier cruelty. - They tend to use the beauiful icon of compassion that is Jesus Christ to justify thier cruelty. Ironically.

Conservative: "Im gonna kick your fucking ass if you dont believe in Jesus! - Cant you see how kind hes made me! WELL CANT YOU MOTHERFUCKER! DIE RAGHEAD!"

pretty simple really.

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Last edited by Free_Willy; 01-18-2008 at 06:08 PM..

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
Thats an easy one - Liberals embrace notions that are while beautiful concepts, absolutely unattainable, destructive, and contrary to human nature not to mention nonenforceable. Liberals are cruel to conservatives in an attempt to make them less cruel. - They just do it without the beautiful Icon of compassion that is the Jesus Christ figure. Ironically.

Conversely conservatives embrace all that is cruel and seek to legislate such cruelty in an attempt to force everyone to be as cruel as they are. Conservatives are cruel to liberals in an attempt to make them less the dreamer, or perhaps simply to prove thier cruelty. - They tend to use the beauiful icon of compassion that is Jesus Christ to justify thier cruelty. Ironically.

pretty simple really.

http://www.wikipedia.org

Free_Willy

Quote:

A friend of yours? http://www.myspace.com/18706749

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:

That link is no good. It's controlled by Freemasons.

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.

Everyone idealizes the past when most have no idea what it was actually like.

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
That link is no good. It's controlled by Freemasons.

2u wit

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.