General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Got to watch out for the ol' Tool Bomb. No pics of the tool bomb?

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Alex

imagine a tan on white miata with stock rims, covered in greasy fingerprints from 5 days of working under/around it, and then imagine it with a new clutch. Thats our miata.

I'll make sure I do a similar project log when we get more than just the tip into the turbo build.

Heres a pic of the bike with the tank on. I have to go get a gas keg tomorrow and start it to fine tune the cam tensioner I just put in, and then finish putting in coolant. I really like the color, its a lot more orange in this picture, in person its a very nice solid bright red, but like i said once its together properly, I'll take proper pictures to show the color.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post

no picture of tool bomb, but it was pretty bad. Mustve been 100 pairs of blue disposable shop gloves everywhere, along with sockets, torque wrenches, extensions, etc etc.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

not to mention the condoms

you guys do share a miata

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
not to mention the condoms

you guys do share a miata

we just cut the fingers off the gloves.

[H]ard|On

Hey if it works, it works

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

I figured y'all just went bareback...

Paging Honduh of ry...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Alex

Quote:
I figured y'all just went bareback...

only by accident

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
only by accident

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Alex

So another mainly uneventful update.

I finished putting the tail together and rewiring all the lights back there from scratch, boy was that a pain! It's also nice to see the new led relay working so my turn signals aren't OMG ricer fast.

I ordered a new fairing bolt kit since many of the current ones are lost or just getting ugly from corrosion, and also ordered a rear tire hugger in an effort to keep the bottom tail looking nice for longer.

Turns out the projectors won't allow the housing to fully close, so I have to make templates to remove the stock reflectors and replace them with something that will hold the projectors and still allow beam aiming with stock adjuster screws. This is currently my main drawback since I know it'll be a pain in the ass so I've been dreading doing it.

As for the miata

Clutch is still holding up (hooray for basic mechanical prowess) and we finished soldering and attaching the Megasquirt, turned it on but the car would only crank and not turn over, and the tps was making some crazy buzzing and just throwing haywire values in the tuning software. We bought a variable tps to hack into the stock one, so that should be coming soon, also got an IAT sensor to get rid of the stock MAF assembly so I made a harness for that, along with a harness to connect the innovate lc-1 wideband into the megasquirt, some vacuum line to connect the map sensor with something besides home depot clear line that we used for testing, new 460cc injectors came that will need to be sent off for cleaning, and we will need to make the most important thing, the radio panel that will hold the boost/AF gauge, complete with faux carbon fiber vinyl, because were a boss like that.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the headlight together so I can take this thing for a ride already.

Tex Arcana

Where are the projectors hitting? Maybe just a small adjustment is necessary...

--John Hobbs

Alex

Quote:
Where are the projectors hitting? Maybe just a small adjustment is necessary...

The lens =(

every time I try to adjust the beam to make them level with the headlight together they pop everything open since the projectors are hitting and scratching the inside of the lens =(

I did finally organize the garage

I also finally changed the coolant on the bike as well. It was surprisingly clean for never changing it in the 3 years I've owned it + however many the previous owner didnt change it for.

Also ordered some more parts for the Miata, intercooler, charge pipe, and 2.5" piping kit, all from ebay. Still need some small odds and ends but the new iat came, as well as the new variable TPS so hopefully well have megasquirt running on the car by the end of the weekend. My fairing bolt kit should arrive sometime early next week along with the rear tire hugger so all thats left is to fix the headlights, rewire the headlights to incorporate the new angel eyes/high beam solenoids and just button everything back together. Mechanically I have done everything to it that I needed to. She starts up and purrs like a kitten.

and for the sake of pictures, here's a picture of the bike as it sits right now.

Last edited by Alex; 04-07-2012 at 12:05 AM..

[H]ard|On

That is one fancy garage floor. Mine features such decorations as spilled oil and flattened chewing gum.

Alex

mine has those decorations too, along with a clear cut line of red overspray, dusting not only the floor, but almost every piece of shelving including whats on them.

Alex

got the miata pseudo running today. Megasquirt is complicated =(

Car idles for a second then dies, you can blip the throttle to give it gas and it can rev high but it just can't maintain a steady rpm setting. Have to pray to some forum gods to answer our question.

we did add the gauges, AF on left, boost on right. i think it looks pretty snazzy.