General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
[Entropy]
 
ITT: I buy another Mazda (v. turbo brah)

So yesterday, while I was enjoying my early afternoon nap, some asshole at work called me and was all:

"Sup brah, we just got a Speed3 in, you want?"

Being the super logical person that I am, I thought -- hey, I already have two vehicles, lets buy another one!

The price really pushed me over the edge... $12,500 + tax (canadian).

Customer traded it in on a 335xi, I paid what we gave him.

Info:
66,000KM and change
6spd
Injen CAI
Gay ricer BOV <--- taking this off ASAP and replacing with a recirc
Stock wheels with Hankook Icebears (brand new) at all 4 corners

Two pics for now, full detail coming this week.




__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Club
Gen[M]ay Nikon DSLR Club
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 AM [Entropy] is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

solareon
 
oh how I wish they made a mazdaspeed rx-8 =(
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Owner
2010 RX-8 R3
1990 RX-7 GXL
1987 RX-7 TII - sold =(
Old 01-23-2011, 02:37 AM solareon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo
 
Fiah's Avatar
 
$12.5k CANADIAN for that?

you asshole
Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 AM Fiah is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

jarhed13
I own faces - <3 Toad
 
Wow, that's an absolute steal! Nice grab
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Club
yoda634 - "The words "can't" and "sawzall" do not belong in the same sentence. It's not called "sawzmostshit"."
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 AM jarhed13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

g
chicane
 
g's Avatar
 
I am annoyed at that price especially because it's Canadian $$$. Nice car.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM g is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/
 
VanFanel's Avatar
 
FYI: 1 CAD = 1 USD (more or less)

That said - it is a great price... something like this would fetch 14.5-15K (only cuz its black, a different color would be even more).

Suggestions:

1. Get a Forge BPV - they are awesome and cheap. Whats best is that they have adjustable springs so in case you crank up your boost, you can always get a stiffer spring

2. See if the rear motor mount has been replaced, if it hasn't been (or if it has but with a stock one), ditch it and right away get an aftermarket one. I'd suggest an AWR 65d or a CP-E 60d for daily driving. If this is going to be some sort of an weekend cruisers then get a TRZ 75d mount. The difference between the stock and any of those is night and day.

3. For cheap and rather huge power boost - get an aluminum turbo inlet pipe and a short ram intake. The stock design is retarded and very restrictive. You'll get a good 6-8% power increase and the sound is sextastic.

4. Get a racepipe - the second cat is restrictive and has no business being there. For extra sound, cut the resonator (but personally, I'd keep it).

5. If money is not a problem, get a Cobb AP - they run $350-400 used. Stage 1 will do wonder for you (no falling-on-your-face-with-boost-cutoff at 5600 RPM)

Other than that - it's a great car! Just took mine down to Monterrey Peninsula in California (I haz a GenPu which is nickname to 2nd gen happy car).

Also going www.mazdaspeedforums.org
__________________
Das Auto.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM VanFanel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

[Entropy]
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
FYI: 1 CAD = 1 USD (more or less)

That said - it is a great price... something like this would fetch 14.5-15K (only cuz its black, a different color would be even more).

Suggestions:

1. Get a Forge BPV - they are awesome and cheap. Whats best is that they have adjustable springs so in case you crank up your boost, you can always get a stiffer spring

2. See if the rear motor mount has been replaced, if it hasn't been (or if it has but with a stock one), ditch it and right away get an aftermarket one. I'd suggest an AWR 65d or a CP-E 60d for daily driving. If this is going to be some sort of an weekend cruisers then get a TRZ 75d mount. The difference between the stock and any of those is night and day.

3. For cheap and rather huge power boost - get an aluminum turbo inlet pipe and a short ram intake. The stock design is retarded and very restrictive. You'll get a good 6-8% power increase and the sound is sextastic.

4. Get a racepipe - the second cat is restrictive and has no business being there. For extra sound, cut the resonator (but personally, I'd keep it).

5. If money is not a problem, get a Cobb AP - they run $350-400 used. Stage 1 will do wonder for you (no falling-on-your-face-with-boost-cutoff at 5600 RPM)

Other than that - it's a great car! Just took mine down to Monterrey Peninsula in California (I haz a GenPu which is nickname to 2nd gen happy car).

Also going www.mazdaspeedforums.org

Heh yup, I'm quite familiar with the Speed 3 Thanks for the suggestion on the BOV though!

All my friends have one, I also have a 2007 MZ3 GT. I'll probably end up getting a corksport FMIC which replaces the TMIC with a ram air intake, gets rid of heatsoak on hot summer days too.

Engine mount, shifter bushings + shifter plate are on the list for sure.
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Club
Gen[M]ay Nikon DSLR Club
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM [Entropy] is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

lopoetve
 
the icebears suck ASS. Just so you know. Nice car though.
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2013 ZL1 Camaro
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

KorruptioN
 
KorruptioN's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
the icebears suck ASS. Just so you know. Nice car though.

The W300s? They're "performance" winters. Probably not so good at getting you unstuck in the snow than keeping you happy when the roads are bare.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 PM KorruptioN is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

theWITNESS
 
theWITNESS's Avatar
 
I love it. It's the right colour too.

I just paid $11K CAD (taxes in) for a regular GT sedan with 99K. Albeit it was "Mazda certified pre-owned", but still. I want a Speed3.
__________________
2014 F30 M-Sport
1990 MX-5 5MT (36K miles)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:43 AM theWITNESS is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/
 
VanFanel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWITNESS View Post
I love it. It's the right colour too.

I just paid $11K CAD (taxes in) for a regular GT sedan with 99K. Albeit it was "Mazda certified pre-owned", but still. I want a Speed3.

The sedan is ass. GTFO or buy a hatch.
__________________
Das Auto.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM VanFanel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

lopoetve
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptioN View Post
The W300s? They're "performance" winters. Probably not so good at getting you unstuck in the snow than keeping you happy when the roads are bare.

They're lousy at both. I've got them on the GTI and can't wait to get them off. It's like a bad all-season tire - not super great in the dry and warm (and very irregular when it comes to predicting when traction will let go to boot) and only marginal in the snow and ice. Best is the wet performance, but even then I've had better. Mine came with a new set too, and I've got a good 9000 miles on them now - they're just not very good tires.
__________________
"You always gotta question the culinary excellence of food items which propel themselves out of cans"-LilMsCanBeRite
[M]otorcycle krew - 2011 Triumph Street Triple R. (Bwah?!?)
2013 ZL1 Camaro
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 PM lopoetve is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
The sedan is ass. GTFO or buy a hatch.

Besides obviously being a sedan, is it actually that much different? Like, do they use subtly different, lower quality materials in it or something?

I did notice that it's priced quite a bit lower than the hatchback, but I figure that's just because they can get more for the hatchback version.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

KorruptioN
 
KorruptioN's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Besides obviously being a sedan, is it actually that much different? Like, do they use subtly different, lower quality materials in it or something?

IMHO the proportions of the wagon are so much better.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM KorruptioN is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
The real winner here is the guy who traded it in.







I keed. The mazdaspeed hatches are pretty cool. I had a blast with one a while back, I was surprised what they could do. His wasn't stock though.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.