General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[Entropy]

ITT: I buy another Mazda (v. turbo brah)

So yesterday, while I was enjoying my early afternoon nap, some asshole at work called me and was all:

"Sup brah, we just got a Speed3 in, you want?"

Being the super logical person that I am, I thought -- hey, I already have two vehicles, lets buy another one!

The price really pushed me over the edge... $12,500 + tax (canadian).

Customer traded it in on a 335xi, I paid what we gave him.

Info:
66,000KM and change
6spd
Injen CAI
Gay ricer BOV <--- taking this off ASAP and replacing with a recirc
Stock wheels with Hankook Icebears (brand new) at all 4 corners

Two pics for now, full detail coming this week.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

solareon

oh how I wish they made a mazdaspeed rx-8 =(
1987 RX-7 TII - sold =(

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

$12.5k CANADIAN for that?

you asshole

jarhed13
I own faces - <3 Toad

Wow, that's an absolute steal! Nice grab

g
chicane

I am annoyed at that price especially because it's Canadian $$$. Nice car.

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

FYI: 1 CAD = 1 USD (more or less)

That said - it is a great price... something like this would fetch 14.5-15K (only cuz its black, a different color would be even more).

Suggestions:

1. Get a Forge BPV - they are awesome and cheap. Whats best is that they have adjustable springs so in case you crank up your boost, you can always get a stiffer spring

2. See if the rear motor mount has been replaced, if it hasn't been (or if it has but with a stock one), ditch it and right away get an aftermarket one. I'd suggest an AWR 65d or a CP-E 60d for daily driving. If this is going to be some sort of an weekend cruisers then get a TRZ 75d mount. The difference between the stock and any of those is night and day.

3. For cheap and rather huge power boost - get an aluminum turbo inlet pipe and a short ram intake. The stock design is retarded and very restrictive. You'll get a good 6-8% power increase and the sound is sextastic.

4. Get a racepipe - the second cat is restrictive and has no business being there. For extra sound, cut the resonator (but personally, I'd keep it).

5. If money is not a problem, get a Cobb AP - they run $350-400 used. Stage 1 will do wonder for you (no falling-on-your-face-with-boost-cutoff at 5600 RPM)

Other than that - it's a great car! Just took mine down to Monterrey Peninsula in California (I haz a GenPu which is nickname to 2nd gen happy car).

Also going www.mazdaspeedforums.org

[Entropy]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
FYI: 1 CAD = 1 USD (more or less)

That said - it is a great price... something like this would fetch 14.5-15K (only cuz its black, a different color would be even more).

Suggestions:

1. Get a Forge BPV - they are awesome and cheap. Whats best is that they have adjustable springs so in case you crank up your boost, you can always get a stiffer spring

2. See if the rear motor mount has been replaced, if it hasn't been (or if it has but with a stock one), ditch it and right away get an aftermarket one. I'd suggest an AWR 65d or a CP-E 60d for daily driving. If this is going to be some sort of an weekend cruisers then get a TRZ 75d mount. The difference between the stock and any of those is night and day.

3. For cheap and rather huge power boost - get an aluminum turbo inlet pipe and a short ram intake. The stock design is retarded and very restrictive. You'll get a good 6-8% power increase and the sound is sextastic.

4. Get a racepipe - the second cat is restrictive and has no business being there. For extra sound, cut the resonator (but personally, I'd keep it).

5. If money is not a problem, get a Cobb AP - they run $350-400 used. Stage 1 will do wonder for you (no falling-on-your-face-with-boost-cutoff at 5600 RPM)

Other than that - it's a great car! Just took mine down to Monterrey Peninsula in California (I haz a GenPu which is nickname to 2nd gen happy car).

Also going www.mazdaspeedforums.org

Heh yup, I'm quite familiar with the Speed 3 Thanks for the suggestion on the BOV though!

All my friends have one, I also have a 2007 MZ3 GT. I'll probably end up getting a corksport FMIC which replaces the TMIC with a ram air intake, gets rid of heatsoak on hot summer days too.

Engine mount, shifter bushings + shifter plate are on the list for sure.

lopoetve

the icebears suck ASS. Just so you know. Nice car though.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
the icebears suck ASS. Just so you know. Nice car though.

The W300s? They're "performance" winters. Probably not so good at getting you unstuck in the snow than keeping you happy when the roads are bare.

theWITNESS

I love it. It's the right colour too.

I just paid $11K CAD (taxes in) for a regular GT sedan with 99K. Albeit it was "Mazda certified pre-owned", but still. I want a Speed3.

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWITNESS View Post
I love it. It's the right colour too.

I just paid $11K CAD (taxes in) for a regular GT sedan with 99K. Albeit it was "Mazda certified pre-owned", but still. I want a Speed3.

The sedan is ass. GTFO or buy a hatch.

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptioN View Post
The W300s? They're "performance" winters. Probably not so good at getting you unstuck in the snow than keeping you happy when the roads are bare.

They're lousy at both. I've got them on the GTI and can't wait to get them off. It's like a bad all-season tire - not super great in the dry and warm (and very irregular when it comes to predicting when traction will let go to boot) and only marginal in the snow and ice. Best is the wet performance, but even then I've had better. Mine came with a new set too, and I've got a good 9000 miles on them now - they're just not very good tires.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFanel View Post
The sedan is ass. GTFO or buy a hatch.

Besides obviously being a sedan, is it actually that much different? Like, do they use subtly different, lower quality materials in it or something?

I did notice that it's priced quite a bit lower than the hatchback, but I figure that's just because they can get more for the hatchback version.

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Besides obviously being a sedan, is it actually that much different? Like, do they use subtly different, lower quality materials in it or something?

IMHO the proportions of the wagon are so much better.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

The real winner here is the guy who traded it in.

I keed. The mazdaspeed hatches are pretty cool. I had a blast with one a while back, I was surprised what they could do. His wasn't stock though.