General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
I don't know what car to get

In about the next 1-2 years, probably one year, I will be purchasing a new automobile. Right now I have no idea what to get. I want to spend less than $60k. Right now I drive an '07 RAV4, it's the base model and well it gets me around but it's well basic.

What I am looking for:
iPod connectivity
Bluetooth connectivity for the phone
GPS
Power Windows
On my wife's Highlander, the steering is all drive by wire, I like that.
Resale Value is a must, so no American/Korean, so no Hyundai, Chrysler or GM.

I am 6' 1.5", so no small cars.

What do you suggest?
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

theWITNESS
 
theWITNESS's Avatar
 
Basically any car you spend that is midsize and up has all these things as an option already.

Are you looking for another SUV, a sporty car, or a luxury car?
__________________
2014 F30 M-Sport
1990 MX-5 5MT (36K miles)
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 PM theWITNESS is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Serv0h
Stilts and a straw, you'll be in heaven.
 
Serv0h's Avatar
 
Make sure it has a gas pedal.
__________________
█▀▀▀▀▀████████|||██|▓▓▓▓▓|██| -▬──▬☻
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‛
___//╨─┘
__//
__||
▀▀
__________________
Malamute face is my warm fuzzy wifey! She penetrates my nose, butt, and rectum -- "Words of encouragement are overrated."
Old 01-30-2011, 08:35 PM Serv0h is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theWITNESS View Post
Basically any car you spend that is midsize and up has all these things as an option already.

Are you looking for another SUV, a sporty car, or a luxury car?

My wife won't let me get a sporty car, so I can't get a Porsche. Probably luxury. Which is better, BMW 5 Series, Lexus G series, or MB E class?

She is making me get a car that has back seat so I can put our unborn child in there in case she can't drive them in her car.
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serv0h View Post
Make sure it has a gas pedal.

I like the drive by wire version.
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

claffix
 
claffix's Avatar
 
Get a headunit for your toyota and save $59,750.
__________________
I've spent most of my money on booze and fast toys...the rest was just wasted.

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM claffix is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

princess0fdiabl0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytzombe View Post
My wife won't let me get a sporty car, so I can't get a Porsche. Probably luxury. Which is better, BMW 5 Series, Lexus G series, or MB E class?

She is making me get a car that has back seat so I can put our unborn child in there in case she can't drive them in her car.

The Lexus will be the least headachy if you plan to keep it for a long time. I wouldn't want to own a Merc or new BMW after the warrantly ran out
__________________
I'm a guy.
'06 DRZ400 Supermoto
'94 KLR6ugly
Old 01-30-2011, 08:59 PM princess0fdiabl0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

theWITNESS
 
theWITNESS's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytzombe View Post
My wife won't let me get a sporty car, so I can't get a Porsche. Probably luxury. Which is better, BMW 5 Series, Lexus G series, or MB E class?

She is making me get a car that has back seat so I can put our unborn child in there in case she can't drive them in her car.

The 5-series is sportier than the E-Class. However, the E-Class is a very luxurious, refined ride. Both are excellent vehicles; the Merc was redesigned for 2010 (W212 body style) and the BMW for 2011 (F10 body style).
__________________
2014 F30 M-Sport
1990 MX-5 5MT (36K miles)
Old 01-30-2011, 09:00 PM theWITNESS is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by claffix View Post
Get a headunit for your toyota and save $59,750.

There is one for $399 from autodvdgps.com, the only bad part is that I like the luxuries that my wife has on her Highlander. I like the soft white light in the Highlander for the drink holders.
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess0fdiabl0 View Post
The Lexus will be the least headachy if you plan to keep it for a long time. I wouldn't want to own a Merc or new BMW after the warrantly ran out

For the larger, gadget-ladden luxobarges I'd rank them

Reliability:
lexus > bmw > merc

Sportiness and feel:

BMW > etc

Smaller car wise I emphasized in that other thread that little bimmers are actually quite decent (first gen 335 fuel pump issue aside)
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess0fdiabl0 View Post
The Lexus will be the least headachy if you plan to keep it for a long time. I wouldn't want to own a Merc or new BMW after the warrantly ran out

really? I thought they were reliable and would last forever.
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by claffix View Post
Get a headunit for your toyota and save $59,750.

This an excellent idea too. A nice double din with navi will solve almost all his problems except power windows.

Electric steering... eh, I don't know why he liked it, so i refuse to see that as a plus
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
For the larger, gadget-ladden luxobarges I'd rank them

Reliability:
lexus > bmw > merc

Sportiness and feel:

BMW > etc

Smaller car wise I emphasized in that other thread that little bimmers are actually quite decent (first gen 335 fuel pump issue aside)

Are Audi's any good?
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

ytzombe
No place better than the Lone Star State!
 
ytzombe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
This an excellent idea too. A nice double din with navi will solve almost all his problems except power windows.

Electric steering... eh, I don't know why he liked it, so i refuse to see that as a plus

it feels nice, I like it.
__________________
Every want to fuck Zyxena? I want to and and films as well. Really badly I want to fuck djfacemachine in the ass.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM ytzombe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytzombe View Post
There is one for $399 from autodvdgps.com, the only bad part is that I like the luxuries that my wife has on her Highlander. I like the soft white light in the Highlander for the drink holders.
because thats worth 60k.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.