General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

princess0fdiabl0

No way should it die that fast.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki_boy View Post
Quick noob question: How fast will a bike battery drain without use? I didnt start my bike up for maybe 5 days, and the battery was too weak to turn the starter over....

I left my bike in the garage for ~2 months in freezing winter weather this year. The battery was fine (although I used the kickstart )

Selfsucker
shmoblar
Because sticking a thumb up my ass and having my own dick in my mouth is better than pussy anyday.

Quote:
awesome....id give toes to even have a driveway and more than an ikea toolset (screwdriver, hammer, pliers).

Quick noob question: How fast will a bike battery drain without use? I didnt start my bike up for maybe 5 days, and the battery was too weak to turn the starter over....

Were those 5 days well below freezing?

[M]etallica [M]ember

www.stonybrookmotorsports.com

oki_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoblar View Post
Were those 5 days well below freezing?
:rofl: relatively or actually? If you ask the locals, they'd say yes.

Actually, it didnt drop below 12*C for the last week (somewhere in the mid 50s*F)....i talked to the shop that charged my battery while they were installing some stuff, and the guy said MY bike will not charge at idle, i have to give it some throttle. Is that normal? or is there an ill-fitting battery in there?

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

Has anybody ordered their Wheelies 4 Kids sticker yet?

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
:rofl: relatively or actually? If you ask the locals, they'd say yes.

Actually, it didnt drop below 12*C for the last week (somewhere in the mid 50s*F)....i talked to the shop that charged my battery while they were installing some stuff, and the guy said MY bike will not charge at idle, i have to give it some throttle. Is that normal? or is there an ill-fitting battery in there?

That's pretty normal, most bikes don't charge at low revs. The only way to charge the battery is by just riding it.

edit: if your battery drained in 5 days of 12C weather, then you either had some current drain (lights? heated grips?) or your battery was dead already.

oki_boy

lights turn off automatically, and heated grips crack me up since its nowhere near cold here, nor will it get close. :-)

hoping it just needed a good charge (i only bought it a couple weeks ago), and there arent any underlying issues. thanks!

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

I just got out of the hospital after center punching a yearling deer at 75-80 on Wednesday night. Thankfully, I was wearing full gear - a Tecnic 2 piece, EXO1000 helmet, Sidi Vertigo Corsas, and Frank Thomas XTi II gloves.

Amazingly, my injuries weren't too bad. I broke 4 bones in my right hand/wrist, lacerated my spleen, and was generally sore. Most of my gear is toast - jacket and helmet for sure, other stuff might be salvageable. If I hadn't had full gear on, I would have been far worse off than I was. I was in for 3.5 days due to the lacerated spleen, but they didn't have to do anything to it - they just wanted to make sure it wasn't bleeding any more. A chest protector may have prevented it, depending on how far down it went - the damage was from a hit in the gut from the bars, which also caused me to throw up.

No head injury. No broken skin. The only broken bones were on my right hand/wrist, which can't really be prevented.

The bike isn't too horrible, with a bent/leaking radiator, another dent in the tank, broken fender, bent rearset/snapped shifter, some wear on the frame slider and footpeg, and a broken mount/lens on one of my mirrors.

The deer was dead right there, it didn't move after I got up.

Not too bad for hitting a deer at freeway speeds. If I didn't have gear on, the injuries would be far worse. I'd been lucky until now, with 55-60k on the street with no real injuries, but it only takes once for gear to be worth it's weight in gold.

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

Yikes.

Glad to hear that you didn't get hurt worse.

Speedy recovery!

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Fiah

shit mang, get well soon!

princess0fdiabl0

Got cutoff by a dumbass in the onramp HOV lane who wasnt supposed to be (i was lanesplitting), grabbed a handful of my new 320mm brake with steel braided lines that I've spent all of 50 miles on and predictably down I went.
Luckily I didnt get run over and the only damage was my shin on the bars and my right handguard slightly more scratched up than it already was. I didnt even take the time to look at the damage there, just picked up the bike and went. Supermoto, fuck yeah.

Selfsucker
shmoblar
Because sticking a thumb up my ass and having my own dick in my mouth is better than pussy anyday.

Waiting sucks, almost a month without a ride. Feel much better now.

[M]etallica [M]ember

www.stonybrookmotorsports.com

princess0fdiabl0

Finally got a decent ride in this weekend. New brake rotor + line is redonkulous.

claffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess0fdiabl0 View Post
Finally got a decent ride in this weekend. New brake rotor + line is redonkulous.

So you put SM wheels on a regular DRZ-400? I remember reading somewhere that there was more of a difference between the two than just the wheels. This model has a better carb or a little more HP or something like that??

I like my girls like I like my bikes: fast, naked, and barely legal.

Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and reckless steals the show.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

between the S and the SM the engine is identical. some non street legal variants are different.