General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

detail
Impeach and try Bush/Cheney! 911 was an inside job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
The posters above me should be voted into congress.

I'd never make it past the primary. I'd get maybe 5% of the vote when I'd tell people that I'd be returning to Federalism, I'd embrace the 10th Amendment (Yes, that means California can go Communist as long as the people have the freedom to move where-ever the hell they want), and I'd let the states decide on drugs (though I'd ban the importation and inter-state selling of it).

That's make me lose 20% of the vote, the rest would leave when I'd tell everyone that anyone under 50 would lose out on Medicare and Social Security. Those between 35-49.9 would pay no FICA or Medicare taxes so they could invest. Those under 35 would get their FICA cut to 7.6 (the employer's share) so we could cover those who planned on retiring with SS and Medicare and I'd encourage those youth to invest and prep for retirement on their own.

I'd end Capital gains taxes, kill the EPA (let states regulate their EQ) except for previous standards for air and water (both are interstate resources), the DoE would be gone and about 80% of the civilian side of the government. Kiss the farm subsides goodbye.

I'd make it easy as hell to drill for oil.

Then to piss everyone else off, I'd push for the removal of much of our troops on foreign soil. I'd tell the pirate that their harbors will be carpet bombed if they take a US ship...ever!

I'd even get them more pissed when I'd recommend that we cut 30% of the DoD budget and return to the old system of private development of weapons that then are offered to the US to purchase. Presently, we pay for the weapon development at cost and a percentage, which encourages long development cycles.

I'd hold the US government's book-keeping to the same book-keeping GAAP standards as private corporations.

Finally, I'd offer a plan to kill the Fed in the next 8 years, I'd repeal legal tender laws and encourage a free market of money, because Austrians believe that money is just like any other commodity that the government shouldn't regulate. The only rules to monetary creation would be it can't be fiat and the banking must be 100% Reserve, no fractional systems at all.

I'd be lucky for 5% of the vote with that plan.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

detail
Impeach and try Bush/Cheney! 911 was an inside job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
Fully agree with two exceptions:
#1: DUI punishment needs to be much more severe. Too many people caught DUI get minimal punishment and get to do it all over again a few more times till they kill at least once.
#2: You can't exactly test for a DUI with MJ. Anything like a blood test will just show that they have used in the last month or so. That flawed testing has already fucked over many responsible people who consumed a few weeks prior to an accident (on the road, workplace, etc). Doing a roadside "walk the line" type shit is pointless because it rarely impares people in a way that those tests would indicate. This also means that it doesn't impair their driving too much either. IF there was a way to test that they were actively under the influence I would support it though.

#1 in my state isn't an issue. They get vicious on the second DUI.

#2 I'm unsure of how to test it, but I don't want those bastards on the road when they are high.

_cashel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
anyone can mine for bitcoins, but you can't "hack" your way into bitcoins from the system

hackers could hack end users machines and steal their wallet files, but thats why you're supposed to secure your wallet file on another machine w/ no internet access and encrypted

ruh roh...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23037...es_500000.html

flood
Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

Looking to buy 3 bitcoins... anyone selling?

hider

hmm... my graphics card isn't letting my computer boot up... lol. I'll have to RMA it through powercolor I just broke even.

DigitalChaos

my macbook pro's video card got fucked up from mining... i dont know wtf happened.

I run the client and first it reports an insane speed:

Then it dumps a fuckload of errors like so:

I am usually luck to recover from that. It mostly just locks up the machine.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

I am amazed at how seriously people are taking bitcoins. It's such a terrible idea - it's funny even.

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

so anyone still mining?

DigitalChaos

yup

7.5BTC from trivial mining. not bad!

Fgg

I stopped at the end of june when productivity went from 2 BTC per day to less than 0.5, still paid for one of the two 6870s

Forever Domon

so has everyone given up on trying to make fake money to buy drugs on the internet with?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

4chan /g/ was the cause of the bubble, lots of manipulation came from that board and ee crime groups

after mt gox nobody wants to touch it any more

another virtual currency bites the dust

DigitalChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
4chan /g/ was the cause of the bubble, lots of manipulation came from that board and ee crime groups

after mt gox nobody wants to touch it any more

another virtual currency bites the dust

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

that just reiterates my point

it's dead in the water

enjoy the slow slide to sub pennies

in fact that chart looks like a textbook chart for a pump and dump