General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

Sonicwall & SSLVPN

Smarty pants people - does anyone know if it is possible to setup SSLVPN, and split tunnel traffic to an external host through it?

Scenario:

Have several servers that are accessible only via our offices public IP address. Have a Sonicwall TZ200 that has EnhancedOS 5.6 and has SSLVPN capabilities. Trying to make it so that external host -> SSL VPN -> servers.

Problem is that everything I read indicates that when using SSLVPN, you can only set up local hosts. Even though I specifically created routing to the external servers, it still doesnt seem to want to bite...

Anyone knows how to do it the right way? For whats it worth - I did manage to get it to work right when setting up regular VPN.

Gracias!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Aseras

I think you have to use their client and for some reason I think it only works well sonicwall -> sonicwall.

U Caught The Gay

If it's externally routed i.e. going out the WAN port you need to check the SSLVPN>WAN zone and set the access there to specifically allow access to those IP's.

But generally this (and split tunneling in general) is a bad idea. Just setup a VPN direct to the external servers.

TZ200's are pretty cool. Make sure you update to the latest firmware. Lots of cool stuff in it.

U Caught The Gay

careboy
pwned

so good.

VanFanel
THERE IS NO DATA HERE - NONE AT ALL! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by U Caught The Gay View Post
If it's externally routed i.e. going out the WAN port you need to check the SSLVPN>WAN zone and set the access there to specifically allow access to those IP's.

But generally this (and split tunneling in general) is a bad idea. Just setup a VPN direct to the external servers.

TZ200's are pretty cool. Make sure you update to the latest firmware. Lots of cool stuff in it.