General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffea View Post
My take on this goes as follows:

I don't see anything wrong with you paying slightly more than her if she's really in a bad financial situation, or if you just feel like being nice and want to help her out because you genuinely care for her

HOWEVER

If she is demanding you pay more than she does simply because she feels entitled to it and is being lazy/not offering any compromise of her own in return, then it's totally uncalled for

I don't want to tell you how to proceed because it's up to you to figure it out. If it were me I'd let her know that she shouldn't act that way and that I won't tolerate it. If she wants me to pay more, she better offer a valid reason for it or offer to help in non-money related way in return (ie: chores, promise to seek better employment, etc...) instead of sitting on her ass watching corner gas like you guys do out west

how did I know you'd take a shot

Anyways, as an update:
We had a chat and decided to compromise, basically she's picked up all the chores and jazz, and will work less in the summer and when she starts school, and in turned I'll pay an extra chunk of the rent.

We've also come up with an entertainment budget, which is something I've never worried about before. Anything that doesn't get spent will go towards a trip or something like that.

So far, I think I'm fine with the deal we reached, but we'll see how she treats the situation. Hopefully my concerns were understood.

Thanks again for the advice folks

California Pizza Chicken

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mr.Coffea
I have a huge hard-on for Battlestar Galactica.

so basically you did what I said before you could read it

Man, I truly am the best

fiestafish
I <3 Ben's wiener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopnazi View Post

how did I know you'd take a shot

Anyways, as an update:
We had a chat and decided to compromise, basically she's picked up all the chores and jazz, and will work less in the summer and when she starts school, and in turned I'll pay an extra chunk of the rent.

We've also come up with an entertainment budget, which is something I've never worried about before. Anything that doesn't get spent will go towards a trip or something like that.

So far, I think I'm fine with the deal we reached, but we'll see how she treats the situation. Hopefully my concerns were understood.

Thanks again for the advice folks

I'm glad you spoke to her about it, I just hope you made it clear that it's something that is really important to you. Communication is key, as she may not know that what she's been doing has been putting strain on the relationship. Good luck and keep us posted!

DigitalChaos

50/50 unless you guys are married or something. Then I would say to it percentage based depending on how you split things up.
I don't see why you should be paying someone's way if they are someone who may just end up going another direction.