General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Just try to corner her on what shes doing, say "how do you know EVERYONE is like that when you've only got second hand reports from 2-3 people?"
Nail her further and further down, there are XX million YYY'S in the world, are you really saying they are all ZZZ? There is no chance in the world that even ONE of those people are decent/hardworking/whatever? How can you know this? Are you omniscient? You propagate baseless slander, stop being retarded.
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
In defense of theNoid, I think that most people are naturally attracted to people of the same color

However, I think procreating with a member of the same race in order to "preserve culture" and all that only perpetuates the distinctions between races and, therefore, racism. I'm not saying you can't marry a white person if you're white, I'm just saying don't set racial boundaries. But whatever, racism will never end anyway so who cares?

Anyway, where do you live, OP?
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 AM 5ive is offline  
#47  

Gabbo
 
I assume, since you never explicitly stated, that your dad also seems to share this opinion of your date for prom?

Either way, glad you're not caving in to your parents on this. Enjoy.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:39 AM Gabbo is offline  
#48  

omega_13
 
I'm going to meet her parents later today, hopefully that turns out well. For whoever asked where I live, I live in Newark, Ohio.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 AM  
#49  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Good luck, and stay strong. You are in the right here, stay the course
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
#50  

Azralia
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
In defense of theNoid, I think that most people are naturally attracted to people of the same color

However, I think procreating with a member of the same race in order to "preserve culture" and all that only perpetuates the distinctions between races and, therefore, racism. I'm not saying you can't marry a white person if you're white, I'm just saying don't set racial boundaries. But whatever, racism will never end anyway so who cares?

Anyway, where do you live, OP?

The distinctions alone between the races don't suddenly cause racism...it's the mindset about those distinctions.
__________________
4d62c1d3b5553a282280464c96cb8bad [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 AM Azralia is offline  
#51  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
I only date within my race. I date to marry, and I date to procreate. Mainly because I am so very proud of my culture, my bloodline and its important to me to continue that heritage to my kids. Not a whole lot of things to be proud of these days, it matters so very much to me.

I am not racist.

Love is blind, thats without arguement but everyone should be entitled to date whom they desire. If you wish to date outside of your race, go for it.


I think it's all in the semantics. Again, saying you are not attracted to any race other than white is fine, who gives a damn who you are attracted to. However, when you say you are not going to pollute your bloodline with cultures not of your own...thats racist. And frankly, it's the same thing die-hard racists like SamFarber say.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:27 AM Vendetta is offline  
#52  

Azralia
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_13 View Post
I'm going to meet her parents later today, hopefully that turns out well. For whoever asked where I live, I live in Newark, Ohio.

Good for you!
__________________
4d62c1d3b5553a282280464c96cb8bad [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM Azralia is offline  
#53  

Phil Taylor
I'll be back
 
Phil Taylor's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azralia View Post
The distinctions alone between the races don't suddenly cause racism...it's the mindset about those distinctions.
i believe those distinctions are a positive thing.

a culture on its own can get boring and stagnant in my opinion, which is why mixing cultural influences and creations is now the norm.

on one hand, i believe that specific elements of cultures/heritages must be protected because they can change for the worse, but on the other hand, by integrating others from other places/people we can improve our standard of living.

i don't understand why people are xenophobic about this. yes, multicultralism has its downfalls, but look at all the positive things we've got now that we didn't have before the influx of non-white people to our societies.
__________________
~

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...
Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 AM Phil Taylor is offline  
#54  

Gibonius
 
In the US, you can quite easily find people of the same race with a different culture, or of a different race with the same culture. There are plenty of blacks who have been living the whitebread suburban middle class life for their entire life. They have a little different perspective on life in some ways, but they've basically got the same "culture" as any whitey in suburbia.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 PM Gibonius is offline  
#55  

UID=growler
 
UID=growler's Avatar
 
Just wanted to mention that some people act like this about nationality as well not just race. Such as parents saying "You can only date someone from Dutch descent, or Irish descent etc..."

Obviously that is not racism, although you could say it is the same type of pride/ignorance as racism.

Many Jewish people seem to be like this as well, you often hear Jewish girls say they only date Jewish guys. "Jew" is such a broad term that it is hard to classify this as racism as well. It is part religious but also part bloodline.

I think the religious reason makes sense, especially when it comes to raising kids it could cause some serious conflicts if one parent wants to raise kids in X religion and the other wants to raise them in Y religion or none at all. I have heard of a few couples that do this where one just decides they don't care and lets the other bring them to church, but that just seems like bad parenting to me.

In terms of losing your culture I do sort of see the point there, if you come from family that is largely from the same national descent (all Dutch, or Swedish or whatever) then the more people marry outside of that nationality the more you will see traditions, food, etc.. fade away. And that is not all good. I think our differences make the world interesting. If in the future we are all one homogeneous race with one single culture... that sounds kinda boring to me.

Not saying you should never marry another race or nationality, certainly that is fine, just recognizing that some culture inevitably will be lost in that process.

There are positives as well, as you will get introduced to other cultures/families, which is a good thing.

I think the OP's mom is taking it to far, but I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to preserve your culture.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 PM UID=growler is offline  
#56  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UID=growler View Post
I think the religious reason makes sense, especially when it comes to raising kids it could cause some serious conflicts if one parent wants to raise kids in X religion and the other wants to raise them in Y religion or none at all. I have heard of a few couples that do this where one just decides they don't care and lets the other bring them to church, but that just seems like bad parenting to me.
a) this is INDIVIDUAL, not religious or whatever, there are so many subsets of beliefs that argument holds no water.
Why is that bad parenting? If my wife was very religious and i didn't really care, i'd let her take them to church. why? because its very important to her, and I don't really have a strong feeling either way. Why is this bad parenting? Its just letting the part which has the most invested in a situation win. Its not a problem unless you make it one. But please, explain more about how and why its bad parenting. Im curious

Quote:
In terms of losing your culture I do sort of see the point there, if you come from family that is largely from the same national descent (all Dutch, or Swedish or whatever) then the more people marry outside of that nationality the more you will see traditions, food, etc.. fade away. And that is not all good. I think our differences make the world interesting. If in the future we are all one homogeneous race with one single culture... that sounds kinda boring to me.
again, individual level. traditions don't have to fade just because you marry someone from a different whatever. Same as above, if it was very important to my wife, but I didn't have a strong preference, then i'd let her maintain exactly as much of her culture as she wanted.

Quote:
Not saying you should never marry another race or nationality, certainly that is fine, just recognizing that some culture inevitably will be lost in that process.


There are positives as well, as you will get introduced to other cultures/families, which is a good thing.

I think the OP's mom is taking it to far, but I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to preserve your culture.
Why will it "inevitably" be lost?
If so, which parts are gonna get lost? the one about shaking the salt four times before you put it in the pot or the one about how to celebrate holiday X?
Why can't you celebrate ramadan and christmas? You are the master of your own culture, you can (together with S.O or alone) decide which parts will get skimped on and which will remain intact. Just be with someone who is normal/tolerant and there won't be a problem, no matter which race/sex/whatever your S.O is.

For your last sentence: You have yet to prove essential parts of your culture getting raped by you marrying someone outside of that culture.
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM Bukkakeboy is offline  
#57  

Mayko
 
I've always been curious about nailing a black chick. I have always been under the impression that they would "break ma dick off"
Old 03-30-2009, 02:09 PM Mayko is offline  
#58  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayko View Post
I've always been curious about nailing a black chick. I have always been under the impression that they would "break ma dick off"

Are you serious? I've slept with black, Hispanic, Indian, Eastern-European, and Japanese women. Quite honestly the only experience that lived up to the sexual stereotype was the Japanese.

Not everything is what you see in porn.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM Vendetta is offline  
#59  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus28 View Post
as a mixed baby, im curious, why you dont want mixed babies?

The argument I've heard (from a geneticist) is that while the F1 hybrids are just fine, there is almost complete dissociation in the F2s (the next generation), which means significantly more genetically-related problems.

In other words, second generation mixed kids can have serious difficulties.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
#60  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.