General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
bingstudent
I am an idiot!
 
bingstudent's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
I'm not actually sure why there haven't been any studies on it in humans. It could be that researchers are afraid of studying it, since it could lead to accusations of racism. It could also be that the prevelance of mixed race families hasn't been high enough until very recently and only now are we starting to see 2nd generation mixed-race children. Or maybe there is research on the subject, but it's hidden away in medical journals I don't have access to (I suppose Arjuna could let us know if that were true).

EDIT: Here's a picture of what I'm talking about in regards to meiosis and recombination.


I don't really have time to do research on it right now but based on what you describe it seems to me that proponents of this have probably overestimated the phylogenetic differences between the races.

Also, it's funny that the picture you picked to demonstrate recombination presents it as black and white mixing.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 AM bingstudent is offline  
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

CharlieSheen
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Familys tend to have old values they grow up on that won't leave. I mean, rightfully so I'm not about to get into a race arguement, but lets just leave it at the fact that black people haven't exactly become role model citizens after being freed.

My father told me a similar story, he grew up playing ball in the street with neighbors etc.. and one day bought a black friend in. This was when my dad was early ages im guessing 10-14? Doesn't matter - he brought him in to have a drink or something and when his friend left my grandfather chewed his butt out "Dont you ever bring a n***** in here!". Some people call it ignorance, but it's just the way you grew up to be honest, and adjusting to something like that is REALLY a lot tougher than you can imagine, especially when like I said, black people aren't exactly known for being role model citizens (in general, for god sakes that doesn't mean stereotyping).
"some people might call it ignorace, but its just the way you grew up, really"

so are you saying BECAUSE someone grew up a certain way that means they're free from being ignorant... DESPITE BEING COMPLETELY IGNORANT?

seriously this is the worst post ive ever seen.

"black people arent exactly role model citizens" holy shit

in conclusion, youre an idiot, please stay out of the BC
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 AM CharlieSheen is offline  
#92  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
so are you saying BECAUSE someone grew up a certain way that means they're free from being ignorant... DESPITE BEING COMPLETELY IGNORANT?

Yeah it does seem stupid when you say it, but im guessing you wouldn't know what Im talking about. So your post in of itself is ignorance. Keep that to yourself too budday. Yes, people who grew up during times of slavery are more than entitled to a different viewpoint than you or me who has no fucking clue what it was like. And since your ignorance can't realize, I was just posting what I felt the OP was going through with his parents. I never said I agreed with it but everyone is more than entitled to their opinion


Also, thanks for the advice on staying out of BC, because you're just a gem with useful information Golf(e) dupe err CharlieSheen (subsequently banned user from BC Postings)
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
#93  

mainbrotha
 
Tell your Mom that the South lost the war. Date who you want to, that should never be your parents decision.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 AM mainbrotha is offline  
#94  

CharlieSheen
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Yeah it does seem stupid when you say it, but im guessing you wouldn't know what Im talking about. So your post in of itself is ignorance. Keep that to yourself too budday. Yes, people who grew up during times of slavery are more than entitled to a different viewpoint than you or me who has no fucking clue what it was like. And since your ignorance can't realize, I was just posting what I felt the OP was going through with his parents. I never said I agreed with it but everyone is more than entitled to their opinion


Also, thanks for the advice on staying out of BC, because you're just a gem with useful information Golf(e) dupe err CharlieSheen (subsequently banned user from BC Postings)
No, I wouldnt know where youre coming from because I did not grow up like that. I do know people who grew up with racist parents who do not share any of their families views and acknowledge how ignorant and close minded this sort of thinking is, though, so what difference does it make? Intelligent adults can discern right from wrong regardless of what they grew up around. I'm not saying this is always easy... but smart people can do it.

But the point is this: Growing up in a racist environment is not an excuse to be racist, by any means. It sucks and its unfair, but that does not justify judging people based on the color of their skin. If you think it does, thats only because you're racist.

And nobody here grew up during times of slavery. The OP did not grow up around slavery. His parents, they did not grow up around slavery. Everything youve said so far is nonsense, do you know this? Black people arent role model citizens... should I even bother touching that one or do you just need some time to figure out for yourself how goddamn retarded that is?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM CharlieSheen is offline  
#95  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
No, I wouldnt know where youre coming from because I did not grow up like that. I do know people who grew up with racist parents who do not share any of their families views and acknowledge how ignorant and close minded this sort of thinking is, though, so what difference does it make? Intelligent adults can discern right from wrong regardless of what they grew up around. I'm not saying this is always easy... but smart people can do it.

But the point is this: Growing up in a racist environment is not an excuse to be racist, by any means. It sucks and its unfair, but that does not justify judging people based on the color of their skin. If you think it does, thats only because you're racist.

And nobody here grew up during times of slavery. The OP did not grow up around slavery. His parents, they did not grow up around slavery. Everything youve said so far is nonsense, do you know this? Black people arent role model citizens... should I even bother touching that one or do you just need some time to figure it out for yourself?

I wasn't even suggesting he take his parent's advice or anything, by all means, do what the fuck you want to do especially if you are past 18 you are more than entitled to. I was just trying to relate to the OP with a similar experience.

Calling them close minded is close minded in of itself because you have no fucking clue what it was like. So respect their opinion, but by all means live your life however you please.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
#96  

CharlieSheen
pwned
 
I get that, actually. But what you were doing was rationalizing unacceptable ignorance by saying "well if you grow up like that...."

but no, it doesnt work like that. So if someone grew up in an abusive home and now beats their own children, would you say "well, some people would say this is wrong but if you grew up around it, its really hard to adjust to"

no, you would say "hey put this violent asshole in jail he shouldnt be hitting his daughter in the face", right?

yeah...
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM CharlieSheen is offline  
#97  

TommyTheCat
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad hoc View Post
for the record, I think mixed race are some of the most attractive men and women i've seen.

Word. I haven't seen many unattractive Mixed folk. Seems like they get the best of both races.

I dated a Black chick for a few months, Neither of our parents had a problem with it(her parents were used to it, I don't think shes ever dated a black guy). The problem we had was strangers. We got a lot of angry,sad and confused stares and glares. From both races. Old Black women gave some of the meanest stares.
__________________
Play this nation building game, it's awesome.
http://primera.e-sim.org/lan.174290/
Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 AM TommyTheCat is offline  
#98  

xLudax
 
They are not right. They are racist. Big difference.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM xLudax is offline  
#99  

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here
 
ApathyEcstasy's Avatar
 
Guys let's bring back segregation so that retards like Fuckyouformakingmeregister can stop pretending to not be racist. It has to be really tiring to act like there's a logical reason for keeping races separated.
__________________
7.9%, Chinese growth has screeched to a halt! People
are going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to
fall!
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM ApathyEcstasy is offline  
#100  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
Black people arent role model citizens... should I even bother touching that one or do you just need some time to figure out for yourself how goddamn retarded that is?

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/orace.png
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm
For all you ignorant mother fuckers who will deny anything - here's some cold hard facts from Bureau of Justice. When I said "Black people haven't exactly been role model citizens". That doesn't translate to "I hate all people with a slight discoloration in their skin and I automatically assume they are criminals". But statistically when "... offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites", there seems to be a little more than just a random trend . Once again, that doesnt mean I see a black person and make assumptions, but the fact that crime rate is significantly higher in black people makes people like the OP's parents to draw conclusions. Thus I can see where they are coming from.
Does that mean I have the same beliefs? No.
Does that mean I draw conclusions about people based on their skin? No.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
#101  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Guys let's bring back segregation so that retards like Fuckyouformakingmeregister can stop pretending to not be racist. It has to be really tiring to act like there's a logical reason for keeping races separated.

Just what exactly is your problem? I never suggested mixed couplings were wrong, I simply brought up a genetic issue that may be worth thinking about. If recombination is a problem, there are ways of dealing with it (genetic screening, for example).

Do you actually have any evidence that I'm wrong? Or are you just coming to the kind of snap judgement that has probably prevented people from even discussing this matter in the first place.

EDIT: And for fuck's sake, how does anything I said even hint at something as horrible as racial segregation?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
#102  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm
For all you ignorant mother fuckers who will deny anything - here's some cold hard facts from Bureau of Justice. When I said "Black people haven't exactly been role model citizens". That doesn't translate to "I hate all people with a slight discoloration in their skin and I automatically assume they are criminals". But statistically when "... offending rates for blacks were more than 7 times higher than the rates for whites", there seems to be a little more than just a random trend . Once again, that doesnt mean I see a black person and make assumptions, but the fact that crime rate is significantly higher in black people makes people like the OP's parents to draw conclusions. Thus I can see where they are coming from.
Does that mean I have the same beliefs? No.
Does that mean I draw conclusions about people based on their skin? No.

Socio-economic conditions have a lot to do with those higher crime rates. I've yet to see any study that eliminates variables like that, so your "point" can be pretty easily dismissed.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
#103  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Socio-economic conditions have a lot to do with those higher crime rates. I've yet to see any study that eliminates variables like that, so your "point" can be pretty easily dismissed.

Wait - so because of poor conditions, that makes crime acceptable? You...You...you're a smart one aren't you
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
#104  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Wait - so because of poor conditions, that makes crime acceptable? You...You...you're a smart one aren't you
Who said anything about crime being acceptable? Seriously, if you live in a shithole and society doesn't care about you, then you're more apt to go to crime. Guess which groups populate the ghetto the most? That doesn't excuse the behavior, but it's important to know there are more layers than "LOL black criminals."
Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM Frenetic is offline  
#105  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.