General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Yeah people are dicks. 1499g for maybe... i don't know... 450g in mats...

So you get the mats and have someone make it.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:43 PM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#256  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
I saw you can get a 'digital download' version of Cata from the Blizzard store - something that's been needed for the other two expansions.
However, anyone know if they'll allow downloading of the game before launch, ala steam pre-load? It'd suck all kinds of dick if they only allowed people to download at midnight on the 7th.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 AM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#257  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
did i do this right

or can i improve it somehow

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
/cast Demonic Empowerment
/petattack
/castsequence Life Tap(Rank 1), Blood Fury(Racial), Metamorphosis, Demon Charge(Demon), Immolation Aura(Demon)

I need the space on my bars.

and don't say "bar mod" I'm not interested.

<edit> woah yeah it works... i had to take the pet attack stuff out though. No biggie. It would be nice if I could just mash one button and have a.) pet buff+attack, AND my trinket popped... not sure how to do that.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 10-10-2010 at 01:50 AM..
Old 10-10-2010, 01:38 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#258  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
Then everyone you asked is fucking stupid.

This. It seems that every time you talk to anyone that isn't us, you're given INCREDIBLY horrible advice. Then you come back here and we give you shit for being an idiot and have to spend pages pointing out the gross errors in your thought process and gearing. Stop listening to idiots.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-10-2010, 02:43 AM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#259  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
This. It seems that every time you talk to anyone that isn't us, you're given INCREDIBLY horrible advice. Then you come back here and we give you shit for being an idiot and have to spend pages pointing out the gross errors in your thought process and gearing. Stop listening to idiots.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

The thing is, and I've ranted about this in the original WoW thread... I go to people for advice, because it takes less effort than a.) experimenting myself b.) looking it up on some website.

Not everything I've gotten from you guys, and not everything I've gotten from my friends has always panned out, but a lot of stuff does...

For example, I recently switched to Demo and tried raiding with it. I was being schooled by a destro lock with identical gear. So I went destro. When I mentioned this to my friend (not the one that thinks the Performance meter is the "holy grail" btw) he asked what my rotation was.

I had just been using Metamorphosis as a trinket, taking the 20% buff and just casting.

He completely changed my rotation, got me using the life tap glyph (which I had been told was not worth it ) he got me casting ONE shadow bolt to apply the debuff then incinerating until it went down, he got me casting demonic charge/imm aura, and more. I did like 6.8k on the heroic dummy on my first try, fumbling everything and doing it in the wrong order., I'll probably do 8 or 9 with the ICC buff and after I have it perfected. (see the macro).

here's the thing though... without having him there to say "wait a minute..." I probably would have stayed destruction and never known that I was royally fucking Demo up...
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 10-10-2010 at 03:17 AM..
Old 10-10-2010, 03:02 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#260  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

The thing is, and I've ranted about this in the original WoW thread... I go to people for advice, because it takes less effort than a.) experimenting myself b.) looking it up on some website.

Not everything I've gotten from you guys, and not everything I've gotten from my friends has always panned out, but a lot of stuff does...

For example, I recently switched to Demo and tried raiding with it. I was being schooled by a destro lock with identical gear. So I went destro. When I mentioned this to my friend (not the one that thinks the Performance meter is the "holy grail" btw) he asked what my rotation was.

I had just been using Metamorphosis as a trinket, taking the 20% buff and just casting.

He completely changed my rotation, got me using the life tap glyph (which I had been told was not worth it ) he got me casting ONE shadow bolt to apply the debuff then incinerating until it went down, he got me casting demonic charge/imm aura, and more. I did like 6.8k on the heroic dummy on my first try, fumbling everything and doing it in the wrong order., I'll probably do 8 or 9 with the ICC buff and after I have it perfected. (see the macro).

here's the thing though... without having him there to say "wait a minute..." I probably would have stayed destruction and never known that I was royally fucking Demo up...

Demon charge + Immo aura on 1 target is

1. a waste of mana
2. a waste of dps

Use Meta as a trinket. Try timing it for the 35% burn phase. 50k soul fires are a common occurrence for me.

As meta you should have the following mind set. My person DPS doesn't matter. You provide a buff to the raid. You should be gemmed full +23sp gems unless the socket bonus will provide more of a buff and you should have 2 of the 12sp 12spirit gems to use the meta.

If you lose 50 personal dps because you take a chest that nets you 55 more sp and 25 spirit but you lose 25 haste and 25 crit then it's an upgrade for demo locks because you buff all your casters.

Your glyps for demo should be

Quick decay
felguard
life tap
Old 10-10-2010, 06:49 AM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#261  

DigitalMocking
I :plane: M|22

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
I saw you can get a 'digital download' version of Cata from the Blizzard store - something that's been needed for the other two expansions.
However, anyone know if they'll allow downloading of the game before launch, ala steam pre-load? It'd suck all kinds of dick if they only allowed people to download at midnight on the 7th.

This expansion is interesting, basically, *everyone* will have everything for cata pre-installed, even vanilla only account owners. The digital download version just unlocks your ability to make a goblin/worgen.
__________________
6f624cfe64bfdec898a859577098a73b [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM DigitalMocking is offline  
Reply With Quote
#262  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
This expansion is interesting, basically, *everyone* will have everything for cata pre-installed, even vanilla only account owners. The digital download version just unlocks your ability to make a goblin/worgen.

Oh? So the patch that's being distributed this tuesday (I think?) will basically have all the expansion content? Guess I'll re-sub a day or two in advance of the 7th so I can get started on downloading and installing everything.

Good to know.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:45 AM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#263  

Electrikfuzz050
 
Electrikfuzz050's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
This expansion is interesting, basically, *everyone* will have everything for cata pre-installed, even vanilla only account owners. The digital download version just unlocks your ability to make a goblin/worgen.



Pretty sure people without Cata are not going to be getting Kezan, Lost Isles, new raids and dungeons, Deepholme, etc.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:04 PM Electrikfuzz050 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#264  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post


Pretty sure people without Cata are not going to be getting Kezan, Lost Isles, new raids and dungeons, Deepholme, etc.

As always, the people who don't buy the expo do not have access to most of the new content.

This time around is pretty different, though - they're changing the entire "vanilla" world. They can't completely lock you if you haven't bought any expansion. I'd be interested to see the lawsuit that ensued if they did, though.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:35 PM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#265  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
Well, maybe they'll release more information at blizzcon. It's not even two weeks into october, so we've got two months 'till Cata is out. I'd just really rather not have to do the whole midnight thing like I did with BC and Wrath.
I'm also too impatient to wait for delivery from Amazon or some such.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:30 PM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#266  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
Demon charge + Immo aura on 1 target is

1. a waste of mana
2. a waste of dps

Use Meta as a trinket. Try timing it for the 35% burn phase. 50k soul fires are a common occurrence for me.

As meta you should have the following mind set. My person DPS doesn't matter. You provide a buff to the raid. You should be gemmed full +23sp gems unless the socket bonus will provide more of a buff and you should have 2 of the 12sp 12spirit gems to use the meta.

If you lose 50 personal dps because you take a chest that nets you 55 more sp and 25 spirit but you lose 25 haste and 25 crit then it's an upgrade for demo locks because you buff all your casters.

Your glyps for demo should be

Quick decay
felguard
life tap

Mm. Interesting. I can transmute the cardinals now so I'll just slowly replace them all.



What do you say of the "shadow bolting once then incinerating" aspect of his advice?
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 10-10-2010, 04:20 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#267  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Mm. Interesting. I can transmute the cardinals now so I'll just slowly replace them all.



What do you say of the "shadow bolting once then incinerating" aspect of his advice?

Retarded. Shadow bolt hits harder then incinerate. Only cast it if you have the molten core proc.

more damage and faster cast time.

Also @ 35% your rotation turns to this. Soulfire, soulfire, soulfire, apply corruption, SB to keep up proc, soul fire,

Forget about immo and curse they are a waste of time.

Read up on elitest jerks
Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#268  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
Retarded. Shadow bolt hits harder then incinerate. Only cast it if you have the molten core proc.

more damage and faster cast time.

Also @ 35% your rotation turns to this. Soulfire, soulfire, soulfire, apply corruption, SB to keep up proc, soul fire,

Forget about immo and curse they are a waste of time.

Read up on elitest jerks

Errr...if someone else isn't taking care of it he should be putting up CoE, and if there's time left, CoD isn't a waste of time either. How did that Conflag change work out? It wasn't around for long before I...stopped playing...
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#269  

d4rkspike
<3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

Nevermind the fact that its not a bad OPINION you got, its bad advice. And we're not giving you our opinion, we're telling you the best way to get it done. Im pretty sick of your whining, though. Don't ask if you're gonna be a bitch about it.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:13 AM d4rkspike is offline  
Reply With Quote
#270  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.