General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

Except you're not getting opinions, you're getting information, and its usually incorrect.

"I think destruction is fun raid with" == opinion
"To do lots of dps you need 500 hit and some crit gems" == bad information
__________________
Bill
Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 AM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#271  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
This expansion is interesting, basically, *everyone* will have everything for cata pre-installed, even vanilla only account owners. The digital download version just unlocks your ability to make a goblin/worgen.

Its getting pretty fucking retarded. We're already at three double layered DVDs for a wow install. 21.5GB with a fresh install and the 4.0.1 patches waiting.

I hope they're replacing some of the old data instead of keeping all the old stuff around for whatever reason. Its getting a little out of hand.

edit: Only reason I'm bitter is because its one of the few games that SSD makes a huge difference with (so much loading) and its gobbling very expensive room on both my pc and laptop.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-11-2010, 10:31 AM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#272  

Naveronski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
.
.
__________________
[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
Gen[M]ay Gun Club
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM Naveronski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#273  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
Errr...if someone else isn't taking care of it he should be putting up CoE, and if there's time left, CoD isn't a waste of time either. How did that Conflag change work out? It wasn't around for long before I...stopped playing...

In a 25 man raid some one else should be handeling the COE

Boomkin or Affliction lock. If not then you are retarded to even have to think about it during the 35% phase. Re apply @ 40% and forget

COD is worth it depending on buff's and time. If your guild is like mine usually when a boss hits the sub 35% i have 45 second to 1.5 minutes left. It just becomes another thing to think about. Also My non crit soulfires hit for about 4k less than my dooms. I would much rather use that GCD for a soulfire then a doom.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#274  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Its getting pretty fucking retarded. We're already at three double layered DVDs for a wow install. 21.5GB with a fresh install and the 4.0.1 patches waiting.

I hope they're replacing some of the old data instead of keeping all the old stuff around for whatever reason. Its getting a little out of hand.

edit: Only reason I'm bitter is because its one of the few games that SSD makes a huge difference with (so much loading) and its gobbling very expensive room on both my pc and laptop.

Clean out your wow directory i saved 3GB by flushing some old patch's
Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#275  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Fresh install fully updated (and patch files removed) is 16.6GB.
3.3.0-4.0.0 is 4.68GB.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#276  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
my beta dir is about 22gig if that helps

there isn't that much loading tbh, and we wont have a dalaranish lagfest (you can always retreat to darnassus for loadingsex!)
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#277  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
Found out you don't need an active account to download all the shit. A clean directory that hasn't even been used to play, or have addons installed, is 22.2gb. God damn.
If I remember right, my old WoW directory was toeing over 30gb, due to the accumulation of patches and shit.

One of my friends is thinking of resubbing for 4.0. It's making me think about it, but I really want to wait until cataclysm. Enormous gear disparities make everything very much not fun, especially given the state of things after an expansion patch, but before an expansion. Why did I have to start looking at WoW shit so early? God damn, I have school and shit to think about still.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 PM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#278  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
Found out you don't need an active account to download all the shit. A clean directory that hasn't even been used to play, or have addons installed, is 22.2gb. God damn.
If I remember right, my old WoW directory was toeing over 30gb, due to the accumulation of patches and shit.

One of my friends is thinking of resubbing for 4.0. It's making me think about it, but I really want to wait until cataclysm. Enormous gear disparities make everything very much not fun, especially given the state of things after an expansion patch, but before an expansion. Why did I have to start looking at WoW shit so early? God damn, I have school and shit to think about still.


They need to start selling wow on a USB thumb drive. Would be awesome if cat came out on a 30GB thumb drive. Let you install cat if you have the rest already or do a full install of the whole game.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#279  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
They need to start selling wow on a USB thumb drive. Would be awesome if cat came out on a 30GB thumb drive. Let you install cat if you have the rest already or do a full install of the whole game.

They won't because of the production cost -_- even though you could probably cut down on packaging material etc
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-11-2010, 07:50 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#280  

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.
 
growler's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
They need to start selling wow on a USB thumb drive. Would be awesome if cat came out on a 30GB thumb drive. Let you install cat if you have the rest already or do a full install of the whole game.

with built in authenticator
__________________
<----popnfresh
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/assholecrew974.jpg
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM growler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#281  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
They need to start selling wow on a USB thumb drive. Would be awesome if cat came out on a 30GB thumb drive. Let you install cat if you have the rest already or do a full install of the whole game.

Theoretically 22GB over a 24x DVD drive should take less than 15 minutes.

I know a full reinstall is a lot of consecutive patching, but a normal person only does it once as you can copy it around/back it up. Put it on your own thumb drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
They won't because of the production cost -_-

Yeah, something about $40 for the media vs. 10 cents for a bunch of DVDs.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#282  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
In before shutin-neckbeards whine about servers being down
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 PM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#283  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
I'm in a betting pool for server uptime

I have 430pm to 629pm.

My optimistic friend took the under, starting at 2pm, and my friend who just hopes he doesn't miss any 4.0ey goodness while at work says 6:30
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 10-11-2010, 11:48 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#284  

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material
 
spoon's Avatar
 
Why the fuck did I have a Warhammer avatar until I adblocked it?

Also, my vid card has been taking a dump for the last week, so I haven't had a chance to farm ZG/Kara/MGT.

On another note, the Rogue assassination talents look mighty interesting. Rebirth of Rupture in the rotation, instead of just mutilate > Envenom?
__________________
Self Proclaimed King of the Kiddie Corral.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM spoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#285  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.