General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrEy0nZ View Post
I wanted to wait for Cata to re roll a hunter. Goblin hunter exactly. But meh, their racials don't really blow my hair back. Orc or Tauren for a hunter?

I don't know how much they reworked racials, but Orcs have +AP and +petdmg traits. Always fun.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrEy0nZ View Post
I wanted to wait for Cata to re roll a hunter. Goblin hunter exactly. But meh, their racials don't really blow my hair back. Orc or Tauren for a hunter?

Should wait for cata just because hunters are so damn bad right now.

trumpcard

Classic WoW - $5
Burning Crusade - $5
WOTLK - $10

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...readid=2410784

TriaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
Should wait for cata just because hunters are so damn bad right now.

Why wait? Once Cata comes out leveling a hunter won't be any different. All the changes are already in game with the shattering today.

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post
Why wait? Once Cata comes out leveling a hunter won't be any different. All the changes are already in game with the shattering today.

Because I wouldn't want to play a hunter at 80.

raven01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
Because I wouldn't want to play a hunter at 80.

He's talking about starting a new character and Cata releases in two weeks, doubt he would be playing at 80 for long.

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven01 View Post
He's talking about starting a new character and Cata releases in two weeks, doubt he would be playing at 80 for long.

I'm well aware what he's talking about. More than enough time to level, gear up your character, and do hard modes.

raven01

I know it's enough time to level but again, it's not like he would be 80 for long since Cata is out in two weeks.

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Classic WoW - $5
Burning Crusade - $5
WOTLK - $10

Getting when I come home later tonight!

KrEy0nZ

I have no problems being a hunter at 80. I abandoned my 80 dwarf because all my friends switched servers and i was tired of questing with randoms. I wanted a Goblin to basically justify my purchasing of the expansion, but they don't look too cool on further inspection. Portable banker and a jump, boner is raging.

0fd1f70d8a1b329cf462d13863230f77

Jeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Classic WoW - $5
Burning Crusade - $5
WOTLK - $10

Thank god for this... I was refusing to pay the 30 or 40 bucks for wotlk, esp with cat around the corner.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
i love playing a mage, but i'm having a hard time waiting 45 minutes in a dungeon queue. being able to heal/dps or dps/tank or heal/tank or heal/dps/tank is really nice once you get used to it...

So that basically puts me at a warrior, shaman, paladin, priest, or druid. oh the choices!

I dunno, I already have a druid for healing/dps. Do I want a priest for the same thing?

But I agree with the DPS 'role' thing. Queues take for-fucking-ever on my rogue.

I still can't decide.

They both look interesting. I was thinking of playing a warlock, but I'm really not good enough to manage a pet and myself well enough to play at any level of competency.

lonedawg
Stiler

So, With Cata out soon and the fact I got a decent deal for the CE edition I'm going to give WoW one more go until GW2 is out.

I have vanilla WoW and TBC. My old characters I got to around lv 30-40'ish before leaving last time.

With Cata will I need to get WOTLK or what? Also what's with the Death Knight class? I looked at some videos of the Worgen (which is the race I plan to try out this time) and the worgen death knight's look awesome, however I heard it's only for lv 55+?

I really want to try and get up to the end game this time and get a flying mount and everthhing.

Is there still an active genmay guild for the game or what? Anyone in a good active guild that usually has people playing mots of the time and actively doing things? I'd like to try it one more last time with a good guild to play with before completely throwing it out.

Opcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
With Cata will I need to get WOTLK or what?
Yes you need WotLK to play Cata. To play the latest xpac you need the core game and all previous xpac's

Quote:
Also what's with the Death Knight class? I looked at some videos of the Worgen (which is the race I plan to try out this time) and the worgen death knight's look awesome, however I heard it's only for lv 55+?
DK's start out at level 55. I played a DK through WotLK and it was fun. Quit playing a few months ago and really have no idea about the changes they've made since.

Quote:
Is there still an active genmay guild for the game or what? Anyone in a good active guild that usually has people playing mots of the time and actively doing things? I'd like to try it one more last time with a good guild to play with before completely throwing it out.

None that I know of.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Quote:
So, With Cata out soon and the fact I got a decent deal for the CE edition I'm going to give WoW one more go until GW2 is out.

I have vanilla WoW and TBC. My old characters I got to around lv 30-40'ish before leaving last time.

With Cata will I need to get WOTLK or what? Also what's with the Death Knight class? I looked at some videos of the Worgen (which is the race I plan to try out this time) and the worgen death knight's look awesome, however I heard it's only for lv 55+?

I really want to try and get up to the end game this time and get a flying mount and everthhing.

You're fine up until level 70 with just BC; need lich king to get 80. Then you'd need Cata to get level 85, the new zones, and access to goblins/worgen.

To start a DK, you need to get an existing character to level 55. (Unless they changed that, anyways.)
Then when you make a DK, it'll be level 55.