General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
If I blow up my engine, I promise, you'll get the first "I told you so".

I certainly hope it doesn't happen... I know the feeling of "oh, shit, I fucked up royally", it's not a good one.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jehannum

at the title rape.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

you'll make more than 420 fo sho once you lean that fat hog out and get it running fueling where it should be.

500 looks pretty reasonable

Will suck dick for d16
ComputerJLT

running that rich is probably washing out your cylinder walls and at the very least making the rings not seat correctly.

tune that or take it to someone that knows what they're doing NOW
---
Nameraped from: ComputerJLT
XBOX [M]odders Club
Gen[M]ay [W]elders Club

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

^ I can smell the exaggeration as much as the unburned fuel coming out of his exhaust.

Jehannum, How come you cant pull some fuel from the map? I dont understand what you mean when you mentioned latency of the injectors and how that affects your fueling?

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
^ I can smell the exaggeration as much as the unburned fuel coming out of his exhaust.

Jehannum, How come you cant pull some fuel from the map? I dont understand what you mean when you mentioned latency of the injectors and how that affects your fueling?

Injectors take time to go from fully closed to fully open, that's their latency.

If the latency is set higher than it actually is (that is, the injector reaches fully open more quickly than the ECU thinks), then the injector is left open for longer than it should be, resulting in a richer than programmed mixture.

This does, of course, assume that the injector flow rate is correct, which is also programmed into the ECU.

Since I've got one of the only sets of 740cc side-feed injectors that Deatschwerks released, I've got pretty much no guidance to work with.

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I would contact them. Guys on the miata forums are running their injectors with no issues. As a rule of thumb we all start with 1.0ms latency(MS terminology calls it "injector open time") Regardless of injectors. I doubt anyone changes that when changing injectors. However I bet you can easily ask them what they recommend for the injector. If the injectors are 740, I would enter them as 740. Finding an injector that flows exactly as advertised is rare. At least thats what I have experienced. They are all either a little more or a little less so unless they are broken it will make a negligible difference in your fueling.

Jehannum

Quote:
I would contact them. Guys on the miata forums are running their injectors with no issues. As a rule of thumb we all start with 1.0ms latency(MS terminology calls it "injector open time") Regardless of injectors. I doubt anyone changes that when changing injectors. However I bet you can easily ask them what they recommend for the injector. If the injectors are 740, I would enter them as 740. Finding an injector that flows exactly as advertised is rare. At least thats what I have experienced. They are all either a little more or a little less so unless they are broken it will make a negligible difference in your fueling.

Yeah, the problem is that the flow and latency values in ECCS aren't in cc/min or ms.

Lurker

Quote:
Yeah, the problem is that the flow and latency values in ECCS aren't in cc/min or ms.

What are they in then? Can you convert from MS to whatever it needs?
Whats ECCS stand for?

Jehannum

I'm working to figure out how to convert to ms. Right now, it's pretty much hit or miss.

Electronic Computer Control System (Nissan's EFI computer)

BTW, these are actual latency times (in ms) from 6 to 17V in 1V increments:
3.36 2.63 2.25 1.94 1.71 1.57 1.40 1.30 1.22 1.12 1.08 1.00

Just need to figure out how to convert 1.3ms into a value that makes sense to the car.

Lurker

Just did some googling, turns out you have to enter values in us. Simple then. Ask Deutsche Werks what they recommend in milliseconds and convert OR if you feel adventurous put in 1000 and if thats to much try 500.

Jehannum

I refuse to believe that the stock 370cc open fully in 75 microseconds.

Typhoon43

Quote:

And you'd be right. It's 75 milliseconds

Lurker

Quote:

750 microseconds or 75 milliseconds

Sounds pretty reasonable. I use a pintel style injector and that runs at 1.0ms. If you have a disc style it could very well be faster.

Jehannum

Quote:
750 microseconds or 75 milliseconds

Sounds pretty reasonable. I use a pintel style injector and that runs at 1.0ms. If you have a disc style it could very well be faster.
The stock value, in decimal, is 75. If it were in microseconds, that would be very, very fast.

also, 750 microseconds = .75 milliseconds.

edit: regardless, I'm going to try the stock value, since deatschwerks are really just stockers with bored nozzles. Right now, I'm at a flow value of 175, latency of 90, based on some intel I received from a tuner (this put me pig rich at the top). I'll drop back to 75 and drop the flow value down to 140 (stock flow value is 288, double the flow is 144, mine are actually a little bigger than that, static pressure tests put them at 750cc/min at 43PSI of fuel pressure). Just reinstalling windows on my tuning computer now.