General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey
Bullshit.
This is more important than Supreme Court Jusitces?
This is more important than American foreign policy?
This is more important that pending wars?

This thread needs to be unstickied. If it's really that important of a topic it will stay on the first page ON ITS OWN MERIT.

EOD
To some people, yes, it is more important.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

siliconcenturion
helter skeletor

fucking prof. Miron is the man, hes one of the sponsors of the Libertarian Forum a couple friends and I are starting up this year. Ill have him in a "Principles of Libertarian Economics" course next year. he is THE top ranked professor with THE highest ranked course at harvard right now

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep
How about we sticky every thread on the forum, and rank them by the last response?

you funny

mainbrotha

I vote for just leaving this thread stickied, for one. who really gives a shit? my search has been revoked because of my trigger (although I don't know how), so it makes it a lot more convenient.

Ecwfrk

Over 170,000 thousand people drowned in Indonesia last year and just today I some some fucker walking around drinking from a bottle of water. DOESN'T HE FUCKING KNOW THAT WATER KILLS!?!?!?!

Pot's never killed anyone. Water killed hundreds of thousands of people last year. I say we legalise pot and criminalise water as it's far more dangerous.

People in office run around using the infallibility of God as justification for revoking our personal rights. Until it comes to psychoactive substances and then they have no problem saying God didn't have a fucking clue what the hell He was doing when he put them in the presence of Man. It's hilarious

Gen. Fred

Legalise for sure, but the age has to be set at 18 at least, seems like smoking pot as a kid can fuck your brain up. Tell kids they'll be retarded if they smoke pot as a kid too, they wont think it's cool then.
.......v

UK [M]ember (sort of)

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen. Fred
Legalise for sure, but the age has to be set at 18 at least, seems like smoking pot as a kid can fuck your brain up. Tell kids they'll be retarded if they smoke pot as a kid too, they wont think it's cool then.

I heard that Seems Like study was really in depth. How can anyone still dispute it's findings

In the future, try not to get your education from Truth.com tv spots.

Gen. Fred

Sigh, i dislike you 'TheMorlock'.
I saw it on crappy Audtralian TV, unlike in the UK on bbc, they don't seem to be very useful online, i will however find it no matter how long it takes. Goodbye for now
.......v

UK [M]ember (sort of)

walkingcarpet

I have this theory that anyone against legalizing it has never smoked or ingested it.

Can anyone here prove me wrong? Anyone here that has used marijuana and still wants it to remain illegal?

Blow-Hard

Not only should we legalise it, we should give Blow-Hard's real life alter ego a few pounds.

You know, Blow-Hard has to "study" it... for what reasons... I don't know.

(Blow-Hard packs up his pipe)

Member of the [M]innesota Vikings Fan Club

ieyeasu

Now that G isn't here anymore, can we unfuckingsticky this thread?

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey
Bullshit.
This is more important than Supreme Court Jusitces?
This is more important than American foreign policy?
This is more important that pending wars?

This thread needs to be unstickied. If it's really that important of a topic it will stay on the first page ON ITS OWN MERIT.

EOD

The thing about all those topics of debate is... the debate is still going. I don't think you realize the debate on marijuana legalization is over, it should be legalized, this thread is here to help show people that it has been won and it is time to start supporting legalization.

I do not believe any other topic that gets debated as much as this has been so absolutely won by one side in the pit. Thats why this was sticked and why it still is. To stop debate after debate that all end up in the same exact place. The debate is over, this thread is proof, that is why it's stickied.

ian_s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4486308.stm

Drug 'doubles' fatal crash risk
Driving
Drugs can slow reaction times
Driving after taking even small amounts of cannabis almost doubles risk of a fatal road accident, research suggests.

The French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research found evidence of cannabis use among 7% of drivers involved in fatal crashes.

However, the figure was dwarfed by the 21.4% who tested positive for alcohol consumption.

The British Medical Journal study was based on 10,748 drivers involved in fatal crashes between 2001 and 2003.

All of the drivers had compulsory tests for drugs and alcohol.

The researchers found the risk of being responsible for a fatal crash increased as the blood concentration of cannabis increased.

While even small amounts of cannabis could double the chance of a driver suffering an accident, larger doses could more than triple the risk.

The findings also showed 2.9% of drivers tested positive for both cannabis and alcohol use.

Men bigger offenders

Men were more often involved in crashes than women, and were also more often positive for both cannabis and alcohol.

The same was true of young drivers, and users of mopeds and motorcycles.

The study showed that the prevalence of cannabis in the driving population at 2.9% was similar to that for alcohol at 2.7%.

The researchers estimated that at least 2.5% of fatal crashes were directly attributable to cannabis use.

However, alcohol was estimated to be responsible for 28.6%.

Writing in the BMJ, the researchers concluded: "Driving under the influence of cannabis increases the risk of involvement in a crash."

Roger Vincent, of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, told the BBC News website public education campaigns were needed.

He said: "Research like this proves just how dangerous it is to take drugs, and then get behind the wheel of a car.

"It is totally irresponsible, as taking drugs such as cannabis does affect your reactions."

Dr John Heyworth, past president of the British Association of Accident and Emergency Medicine, said increasing numbers of people who had taken various types of drugs were being treated following road traffic accidents, and other incidents.

He said few people had taken cannabis alone - often it was combined with alcohol or other types of drugs, such as cocaine or speed.

"Sometimes it is difficult to know whether a person's behaviour is linked to their injuries, or to the drugs they have taken," he said.

ry_goody

I'd like to bring a new topic to this thread.

Go here http://www.justthinktwice.com/factfiction/
read the articles they have under "THE FACTS"

This is a DEA site, dated 2005, so it's not old. Why do they lie? So much and so blatantly?

just one example:
Quote:
A word about prohibition: lots of you hear the argument that alcohol prohibition failed—so why are drugs still illegal? Prohibition did work. Alcohol consumption was reduced by almost 60% and incidents of liver cirrhosis and deaths from this disease dropped dramatically (Scientific American, 1996, by David Musto). Today, alcohol consumption is over three times greater than during the Prohibition years. Alcohol use is legal, except for kids under 21, and it causes major problems, especially in drunk driving accidents.
You know information like that and all the other lies on that site are going into DARE eduction programs. They're teaching it to kids. How can they lie like that? Isn't that illegal? Aren't there laws against propaganda?

Last edited by turd sculptor; 12-03-2005 at 12:07 AM..

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd sculptor
This is a DEA site, dated 2005, so it's not old. Why do they lie? So much and so blatantly?
From the site:
Quote:
Do we need more drug problems than we currently have? Don't alcohol, tobacco and prescription drug use cause enough harm already? Wouldn't legalizing drugs —like marijuana, heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine—make things much worse?
This reminds me a lot of a Mitch Hedberg quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Hedberg
To do this show, I had to take a physical. They asked me a bunch of medical questions. And they were, like, yes or no questions, but they were very strangely worded. Like, "Have you ever tried sugar..... or PCP?"
They are putting Marijuana in the same category as heroin, coke, and meth... which is absolutely ridiculous. I can't wait until the younger generation begins to get into office and these old ignorant fucks are gone.