General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
Ummmm....ok? Open lakestyle headers, no baffles, cheap camera. Never had anything other than compliments on the sound. I wish it was louder.

A buddy with a 450hp SBC in a model A has the sound I want. If I were to spend another $2k on my motor, I might get that sound. Dart heads and high compression and nasty ass cam gives the sound that I"m looking for apparently.

Is it a 305?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

I thought they were good burnouts. A little too much brake and not enough throttle, but still a decent burnout.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Is it a 305?

Nah, he originally had a 305 but earlier this year got a tree fiddy.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Nah, he originally had a 305 but earlier this year got a tree fiddy.

This...

350. .30 over, 350/350 cam soon to be replaced by L79+ comp cam, 1.94 double hump heads, 3 Rochester 2-jets.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
so did you just leave those burnout marks there?

Yes ...yes I did. Not gonna scrub a parking lot of an abandoned business.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Yes ...yes I did. Not gonna scrub a parking lot of an abandoned business.

Don't mind him, he's just trolling

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Inspiration for next time

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Inspiration for next time

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Now THAT'S how it should sound!!

See, J?? I KNOW proper hotrod engine sounds!! And I'm tellin' ya, for some odd reason LS motors are sounding like the muffler/resonator are made of coffee cans filled with nuts and bolts.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

J Mel

HA!!! Jokes on you!!!! I don't have an LS. I have a L98 (i think), but def not an LS.

That engine is mean as hell, but wouldn't surprise me if it was a SBC. I couldn't tell from the video though.

I want more umph in mine, but I ran out of money. Only had $1000 to build it and still broke budget by $200. Wish I didn't spend the money I did on double hump heads and just forked over a bit more money for some good aluminum heads and tried to push up my compression closer to 10.5 or 11. Hell, I'd be happy with 10:1 right now - don't even have that.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
HA!!! Jokes on you!!!! I don't have an LS. I have a L98 (i think), but def not an LS.

That engine is mean as hell, but wouldn't surprise me if it was a SBC. I couldn't tell from the video though.

I want more umph in mine, but I ran out of money. Only had $1000 to build it and still broke budget by $200. Wish I didn't spend the money I did on double hump heads and just forked over a bit more money for some good aluminum heads and tried to push up my compression closer to 10.5 or 11. Hell, I'd be happy with 10:1 right now - don't even have that.

El Ass, El whatever--they're all SBCs.

But you hear the difference, right?

--John Hobbs

J Mel

Your comparing my 300hp 9:1 or 9.5:1 compression to a 450hp high powered beast. Yes, I can tell the difference. What makes you so sure its not an SBC as well? Like it or not, 80% of those model A hot-rods probably have an SBC in it, another 10% probably have hemis, 5% probably have flatheads, and the rest might have a ford engine in 'em.

Tex Arcana

Your 300hp motor should sould like the one in the other vid, ESP with open headers.

--John Hobbs

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Your 300hp motor should sould like the one in the other vid, ESP with open headers.

Compression does a wonderful thing to the sound of an engine. an 8:1 engine, a 9.5:1 engine, and an 11:1 compression engine sound completely differently. Throw in different cams and the sound changes even more. My 305 with a comp cam thumper cam hit harder, was louder, and sounded meaner and more impressive than my 350 does with the mild cam that is currently in it, although the performance of my engine now is leaps and bounds ahead of my 305. Especially since i had it WAY over-cammed. I had zero low end power in that 305 with that cam in it.

thewelshman

I actually need a new set of tires...

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewelshman View Post
I actually need a new set of tires...

I have (1) Firestone Wide White Bias Ply 7.00-16 and (1) Firestone Wide White Bias Ply 5.60-15 that I'll sell cheap.