General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
i can comfortably say the majority the reason the 99% are out of work is not because they can't find work but it's because they can't find that $90k a year job that they thought they were gonna get right out of college with no experience...

I don't know anyone who actually expects to make this much money right out of college, and I'm sure people who are unable to find jobs would gladly take anything that helps pay the bills for the time being.

Also, there are still millions of unemployed who don't fit into this category
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

coalesce

Quote:
i can comfortably say the majority the reason the 99% are out of work is not because they can't find work but it's because they can't find that $90k a year job that they thought they were gonna get right out of college with no experience...

YES.

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

the avg salary in the US is a paltry $25k. no one other than the seriously deluded expects to make 90k right off the bat. that's beyond laughable.

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
the avg salary in the US is a paltry $25k. no one other than the seriously deluded expects to make 90k right off the bat. that's beyond laughable.

well, it's redrum so

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
You see, the jobs are there, it's just that the 9% of people who are unemployed (and the ~7% of jobless people who have given up searching) are just too lazy to look for them. It's like people don't even want to make money and provide for their families anymore! What kind of world do we live in?!?!

there's 3 temps at my current job - me and two others - all 3 of us have college degrees and are having trouble finding work in our respective fields.

life ain't so good for us right now, but we aren't squatting on public property, taking handouts and bitching about how it's somebody else's fault

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

Quote:

I'll agree with this.

Also it's hard to get shitty low paying jobs because everyone that has one of those, also has two or three others.

To get a job you need a job.
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
there's 3 temps at my current job - me and two others - all 3 of us have college degrees and are having trouble finding work in our respective fields.

life ain't so good for us right now, but we aren't squatting on public property, taking handouts and bitching about how it's somebody else's fault

but like, it could be much better if we didn't have private gains and social loses, i mean do you not see why people are angry at the 1%ers getting bailed out, committing crimes, not going to jail, while the 'poors' have to fend for themselves because they can't afford to line the pockets of their local politicians?

i mean i'm with ya on the working a shit job while getting something better, but i also support the occupiers for shedding light on the egregious nature of our political/economic system

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

lol, it's funny because there's totally so many jobs available.

All he is doing is spouting the same ayn rand BS about how rich people are the producers and poor people are the leeches. blah blah blah, yeah, those poor people who work for your companies and buy your products are the leeches who made it possible for you to be rich.

Quote:

I can comfortably say your math, statistics and demographics skills are sub par.

99% of the country just graduated college?

If 16 million people are unemployed and we create 200k jobs in a month, how many people will still not have jobs in a month?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post

well the majority of them are not only delusional but don't have the slightest grasp on basic economics, and to back it up their understanding of current events and political theory in general is extremely vague populist with no substance at all

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:

sounds like you should be. suffering from temporarily embarrassed millionaire syndrome?

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

I can comfortably say your math, statistics and demographics skills are sub par.

99% of the country just graduated college?

If 16 million people are unemployed and we create 200k jobs in a month, how many people will still not have jobs in a month?

you know exactly what i meant. the "99%" that has been sitting in a park playing drums for the past three months

Sup

Quote:
well the majority of them are not only delusional but don't have the slightest grasp on basic economics, and to back it up their understanding of current events and political theory in general is extremely vague populist with no substance at all

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

It's good that you have accepted that it was you and other working people who caused the economy to crash.

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

and there ARE jobs available. sure they're shitty and don't pay well. but they are there.

laugh all you want but if you're not half a retard you can get to a fairly high wage at a local mcdonalds if you're willing to stick to it for the long haul (5+ years)

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
It's good that you have accepted that it was you and other working people who caused the economy to crash.

i mean it's not like there have been 100s of books, thousands of news articles and millions of posts about what actually led to the recession