General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

diearzte2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apextual View Post
just because this has been frontpaged, i thought you might like to know that you're using an avocado, and not guacamole. guacamole is a mexican dip made from avocado using tomatoes and other spices. i wouldn't want that in my sushi.

Just because you posted this without reading the thread, I thought you might like to know that this has already been addressed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Singingstallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by apextual View Post
just because this has been frontpaged, i thought you might like to know that you're using an avocado, and not guacamole. guacamole is a mexican dip made from avocado using tomatoes and other spices. i wouldn't want that in my sushi.

Guacamole in sushi doesn't actually sound too bad.

donniedoritos

No one in my house cares what rice I use, even me , plus I have like 500+lbs of rice in the pantry. I didn't wanna buy anymore, w're good for the year. Girl hands I can handle, but effeminate knife handling My finger is always like that, maybe it's the way I cut the cucumber? I didn't chop it, but rather stabbed the top and ran the knife along the cucumber at that same angle the whole time

As for fish buying, I don't have a lot of tips. I make sushi like every 2 months. I just know a little basic stuff. I only go to the japanese market, it's a little out of the ways from where I usually shop but I don't trust the general asian market here for eating raw fish. The japanese market had a nice clean area. They already had prepackaged fillets of fish on ice and sections of the whole fish behind glass above it if you needed specific cuts. Usually I look for bright colored fish. I smell the package, it shouldn't have any smell at all. Salmon I bought was prefrozen, but they already partially defrosted it for me, that's fine. Since the pieces of the whole fish was behind the glass, it was hard to poke for firm flesh, it shouldn't be mushy, and look for clear white eyes, old fish have milky eyes.

Pretty much just look if the fish is bright, doesn't stink and judge for yourself how well they keep the fish area clean. The fish the japanese store is meant to be not cooked, the fish in the general asian market is out in the open for people to touch and grab, but then it's also meant to be cooked. I wouldn't want to eat raw fish anyways if it was out to touch like that, that shit is going in your mouth uncooked. I see lil kids all the time touching it

apextual
RMTC is the only man that can handle my tits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diearzte2 View Post
Just because you posted this without reading the thread, I thought you might like to know that this has already been addressed.

cool!

Lantec
PozMcAIDS_McFaggotPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedoritos View Post
No one in my house cares what rice I use, even me , plus I have like 500+lbs of rice in the pantry. I didn't wanna buy anymore, w're good for the year. Girl hands I can handle, but effeminate knife handling My finger is always like that, maybe it's the way I cut the cucumber? I didn't chop it, but rather stabbed the top and ran the knife along the cucumber at that same angle the whole time

As for fish buying, I don't have a lot of tips. I make sushi like every 2 months. I just know a little basic stuff. I only go to the japanese market, it's a little out of the ways from where I usually shop but I don't trust the general asian market here for eating raw fish. The japanese market had a nice clean area. They already had prepackaged fillets of fish on ice and sections of the whole fish behind glass above it if you needed specific cuts. Usually I look for bright colored fish. I smell the package, it shouldn't have any smell at all. Salmon I bought was prefrozen, but they already partially defrosted it for me, that's fine. Since the pieces of the whole fish was behind the glass, it was hard to poke for firm flesh, it shouldn't be mushy, and look for clear white eyes, old fish have milky eyes.

Pretty much just look if the fish is bright, doesn't stink and judge for yourself how well they keep the fish area clean. The fish the japanese store is meant to be not cooked, the fish in the general asian market is out in the open for people to touch and grab, but then it's also meant to be cooked. I wouldn't want to eat raw fish anyways if it was out to touch like that, that shit is going in your mouth uncooked. I see lil kids all the time touching it

Actually, sashimi grade fish should frozen. In order to be in compliance with NSF and FoodSafe Standards for sashimi grade fish, it must be frozen at -35C for at least 5 days or -25C for 7 days immediately after catch. This ensures any parasite larvae or eggs are killed in the process.

So if it's pre-frozen, it's supposed to be unless you want some worms in you lol.

And yes, use your thumb and pointer finger to grip either sides of the knife near the bolster. That should give you a lot better control over the knife.

odd
I make it rain on them hoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatrape View Post
sushi rice is just short grain rice.

No it's not
Only users lose drugs

Runding

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd View Post
No it's not

Maybe... you should elaborate

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Ive never had sushi before and I am kind of chicken for not eating it...

How do you make sure you don't get parasites from the raw fish if it hasn't been frozen?

Crovox

thanks for the recipe

ad hoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post
Ive never had sushi before and I am kind of chicken for not eating it...

How do you make sure you don't get parasites from the raw fish if it hasn't been frozen?

same reason you dont get parasites from raw steak i assume.