General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Adi0o0o

post employment contract

Can anyone with any business/law sense provide me with a employment contract?

I told my bank that i could provide one if needed, and its time to put my money where my mouth is.

Luckily, my uncle can pulls strings and make my current employer agree to terms.

Now, i assume theres nothing really to it... i can find just any contract, stating that i am going to work for them for XXX years unless i suck or whatever.

can someone help point me to a website, or a PDF/word document so all i have to do it enter my info and thats it? I looked around myself first, but its a little more confusing that i thought.

thank you M

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MuffinMan8869

open the yellow pages and look for a notary.

edplayer
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan8869 View Post
open the yellow pages and look for a notary.

How is that going to help him?

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Stereodude

Why do they want a written contract? Most people work for companies without one.

wilse

retain the services of a lawyer

LegalMaven

No employer with a brain will employ you on a term (i.e. contract) basis rather than at-will, unless you have some unique or superlative skills.

It's incredibly uncommon for anyone to be employed on a contract that does not allow at-will termination. That's why you're not going to find some boilerplate term employment contract; they simply don't exist. If you want to do this, you're going to want a good lawyer to draft it carefully (and to clarify any advice you receive on the Internet; I'm not licensed to practice law and neither is anyone else here). It will likely take some skill to override the typical presumption that employment is at-will. The lawyer may charge a few hundred dollars, and there will likely be negotiation with your employer about the terms.

Of course, again, if your employer receives even minimally competent legal advice, then I can't imagine why they'd ever agree to anything like this. But that's their call.

bacf17acd5a8e3724da300df7aa223

apextual
RMTC is the only man that can handle my tits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalMaven View Post
No employer with a brain will employ you on a term (i.e. contract) basis rather than at-will, unless you have some unique or superlative skills.

It's incredibly uncommon for anyone to be employed on a contract that does not allow at-will termination. That's why you're not going to find some boilerplate term employment contract; they simply don't exist. If you want to do this, you're going to want a good lawyer to draft it carefully (and to clarify any advice you receive on the Internet; I'm not licensed to practice law and neither is anyone else here). It will likely take some skill to override the typical presumption that employment is at-will. The lawyer may charge a few hundred dollars, and there will likely be negotiation with your employer about the terms.

Of course, again, if your employer receives even minimally competent legal advice, then I can't imagine why they'd ever agree to anything like this. But that's their call.

except me, but i don't need to give you any advice. legalmaven said everything that i could even want to say.

godofcheese

+1 more for LegalMaven.

If one of the people who worked for me wanted a contract I would probably laugh. Unless you have a one in a million skillset, or work as a teacher, I doubt you are going to be able to get a contract.

creecher

An employment contract is not like an athletes contract. Only high level people can ever actually negotiate. They usually spell out the terms of employment, define company rules, and spell out how termination by both sides will work. If you ever got a job where you signed something about company guidelines, that usually constitutes an employment contract.

edplayer
no

u guys missed it

He said his uncle can pull strings and MAKE the employer agree to terms...

I has an uncle too

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]