General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

passed smog

going to try to make it to AAA (DMV services) after work, find out what the damage is going to be on 5yr expired tags, i assume it was not filed non-op. I tried to look up fees online, it said "application is in process" and wouldn't give me info. Pink slip is missing, seller filled out an "application for new title" for me...

if it's more than $200 I'm gonna use the car as a rental until MR2 is fixed, and give it back

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Ultimately i am fixing my credit and will get a loan, get something newer I guess. For now I am enjoying my cars, you can both fuck off.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

that's why i posted the $20k plus cars

Still relatively new BMWs with UNDER 30K MILES that are easy to finance

Typhoon43

Oh boy. He got another car

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Oh boy. He got another car

Beats investing in shit like Vape crap or bow hunting.
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjr View Post

I actually have to agree.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
that's why i posted the $20k plus cars

Still relatively new BMWs with UNDER 30K MILES that are easy to finance

I guess you missed the part where he said that none of the cars you posted is a reasonable option for a car enthusiast that likes to wrench. Quite frankly, I think all of those cars you posted are really fucking terrible choices. Sure, if you're some dude that likes to brag about statistics and do "canned" modifications, they're probably the best choice out there. Ghetto isn't that guy. I could see him getting another 2G Eclipse before a 2 year old BMW.

Personally, there's a few things that are complete deal breakers in a car no matter how much power it has or how great it handles. Drive by wire throttle bodies, traction control that automatically comes on every time the car is started, loads of airbags, "modern" turbo cars, lack of a proper manual transmission or planetary automatic, shit like that. Those things are acceptable and even encouraged in a pickup or work van, but not in the vehicle that I intend to play with. I believe ghetto feels similarly, but maybe not quite so strict on how modern a car can be.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
I guess you missed the part where he said that none of the cars you posted is a reasonable option for a car enthusiast that likes to wrench. Quite frankly, I think all of those cars you posted are really fucking terrible choices. Sure, if you're some dude that likes to brag about statistics and do "canned" modifications, they're probably the best choice out there. Ghetto isn't that guy. I could see him getting another 2G Eclipse before a 2 year old BMW.

Personally, there's a few things that are complete deal breakers in a car no matter how much power it has or how great it handles. Drive by wire throttle bodies, traction control that automatically comes on every time the car is started, loads of airbags, "modern" turbo cars, lack of a proper manual transmission or planetary automatic, shit like that. Those things are acceptable and even encouraged in a pickup or work van, but not in the vehicle that I intend to play with. I believe ghetto feels similarly, but maybe not quite so strict on how modern a car can be.

how does Ben's butt taste?

gribly

That's all you have? I'm pretty sure he's single if you want to find out, but he doesn't like effeminate types. Sorry.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
That's all you have? I'm pretty sure he's single if you want to find out, but he doesn't like effeminate types. Sorry.

that's a shame

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

car is going back to seller

I do still want to get a beater, but not this one

it's foolish to have a beater that is equally, arguably even MORE impractical than the MR2.

but mostly I can't stand the embarassment of walking to / getting into the car... or having to explain it, if that makes sense

DMV fees are $700

dude agreed to pay 500 of it but... Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjr View Post

guns were a faaaaaaaar bigger waste than bow

bows I take out, exercise, shooting on archery courses with pals

guns I drive almost right up to the firing line, and am basically sedentary

costs a MINIMUM of 100 bucks to go shooting guns each time, bows... I can get away just paying for gas money, provided I don't destroy any of my arrows.

plus they are significantly more expensive, plus there are all kinds of legal issues that are only going to get worse

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Yea changed mind again, am gonna buy

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Uhhhhhhhhhhh minor issue could use input

have been loaning the car out to my housemate for just over two weeks now, his two cars are dead, waiting for parts and/or waiting for his lazy ass to finish fixing them up. He has loaned me his cars like three separate occasions for weeks at a time so I am glad to be able to reciprocate.

last night he drove it to work, worked, got in the car to go home for the day and, according to his account (I have not seen this myself) the ignition cylinder would NOT turn, no matter what he did. Wiggling the steering wheel, turning it one way or the other... Just would not turn. He says the ignition did not look like it had been tampered with, and that he definitely locked the car when the parked it. He messaged me asking for confirmation that he had the correct key, he did...

Eventually he said "I'm going to have to AAA it," I said fine, then a short while later that turned into "I'm going to have to bust it and replace the cylinder"

So I guess he took a drill to it, drove it home... Police showed up too, which was interesting.

Like I said I haven't seen it yet, nor have I experienced this particular problem... I have had problems where the doors refuse to lock, I think some kind of an idiot-proofing feature to stop you from locking the keys in the car, but absolutely no problems w/ the ignition.

Gribly have you ever heard of this happening? Replacement lock sets are like $120 on eBay, he's gonna order one of those and install it I guess. But I am still sort of concerned that that isn't actually getting to the root of the problem, and that this will happen again.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

ghetto bought a lemon

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

lol

cars are dumb everyone should live in cities and take public transport like marx intended