General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have come up with such shit demands before their surrender. Maybe if they'd have just given up they'd have saved their countrymen. Their pride got the better of them and they ate dirt because of it.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-01-2008, 01:32 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#121  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about. It's obvious from your posts you have no grasp on what actually was going on.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 PM kudos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#122  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
No, you have no idea what you're talking about. It's obvious from your posts you have no grasp on what actually was going on.
No, you're right. Eisenhower, Nimitz, and Fleet Admiral Leahy were all completely wrong when they said that Japan would have surrendered without the bombs.
In fact, when Hirohito told his people that the Soviet invasion was his reason for surrendering, he was wrong too.

When the "big six" were voting on how to surrender, they were wrong as well. Didn't they know that the reason they were surrendering was the bomb in Nagasaki that hadn't even been dropped yet?

Ignore the fact that Japan was talking peace for SIX MONTHS before the bombs were dropped. Ignore the fact that the US had no reason to invade; the Soviet Union was already doing it with GREAT success. Ignore the fact that Operation Starvation was an enormous success and Japan was militarily defeated before the bombs were dropped.

Look at the facts, look at the timeline, and listen to the people involved. The Japanese were going to surrender with or without a US invasion or the nuclear weapons.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by :ninja:; 09-01-2008 at 01:53 PM..
Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#123  

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
Ignore the fact that Japan was talking peace for SIX MONTHS before the bombs were dropped.

You can talk peace all you want it doesn't stop the war. If you want to surrender that's great but when you create fucking retarded terms you have no room to talk when the winning side says "Fuck you".
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 PM kudos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#124  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
You can talk peace all you want it doesn't stop the war. If you want to surrender that's great but when you create fucking retarded terms you have no room to talk when the winning side says "Fuck you".
Super edit:

You know that you're inadvertently agreeing with me, right? I see your point of view and it's not a common angle... but you agree that Japan was militarily defeated and that the delay in surrender was political.


With the Soviet invasion and Operation Starvation still blocking all imports to the country, a surrender would have been reached without the bombs. This is what Eisenhower knew, this is what Nimitz knew, and this is what Leahy knew... and this is why they all advised against the use of nuclear force on Japan.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by :ninja:; 09-01-2008 at 02:14 PM..
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#125  

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!
 
g0rg0n's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
No, you're right. Eisenhower, Nimitz, and Fleet Admiral Leahy were all completely wrong when they said that Japan would have surrendered without the bombs.
In fact, when Hirohito told his people that the Soviet invasion was his reason for surrendering, he was wrong too.

When the "big six" were voting on how to surrender, they were wrong as well. Didn't they know that the reason they were surrendering was the bomb in Nagasaki that hadn't even been dropped yet?

Ignore the fact that Japan was talking peace for SIX MONTHS before the bombs were dropped. Ignore the fact that the US had no reason to invade; the Soviet Union was already doing it with GREAT success. Ignore the fact that Operation Starvation was an enormous success and Japan was militarily defeated before the bombs were dropped.

Look at the facts, look at the timeline, and listen to the people involved. The Japanese were going to surrender with or without a US invasion or the nuclear weapons.
fuck you you jap loving piece of shit, at the time they didn't know what was going on and they made the best decision they could based on the information they had. I'm fucking sick of this shit, I say we fucking bomb them again just for god damn kicks.
__________________
I'm the Billy Idol of genmay
Old 09-01-2008, 02:59 PM g0rg0n is offline  
Reply With Quote
#126  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
fuck you you jap loving piece of shit, at the time they didn't know what was going on and they made the best decision they could based on the information they had. I'm fucking sick of this shit, I say we fucking bomb them again just for god damn kicks.
Made the best decision? Truman flipped a fucking coin while his chiefs of staff and other military figureheads were telling him not to do it, you fucking moron. At that time there was no military justification for dropping those bombs... only political.

The US and the Soviet Union knew during WWII that they were going to be enemies afterward. We had something to prove.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-01-2008, 03:05 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#127  

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!
 
g0rg0n's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
The US and the Soviet Union knew during WWII that they were going to be enemies afterward. We had something to prove.
EXACTLY!

he made the best decision he could given the info he had, which includes knowing about the impending cold war.

fuck japan, after all the horror they created they're fucking lucky we let them keep existing at all, and it's not like we killed millions of innocents, there are no innocents when the whole population supports evil like that.
__________________
I'm the Billy Idol of genmay
Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 PM g0rg0n is offline  
Reply With Quote
#128  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
EXACTLY!

he made the best decision he could given the info he had, which includes knowing about the impending cold war.

fuck japan, after all the horror they created they're fucking lucky we let them keep existing at all, and it's not like we killed millions of innocents, there are no innocents when the whole population supports evil like that.

I see.

I don't relate to your hate of Japan, though.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-01-2008, 03:14 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#129  

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!
 
g0rg0n's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
I see.

I don't relate to your hate of Japan, though.

I don't hate the japan that exists now, I hate the japan that existed then.
__________________
I'm the Billy Idol of genmay
Old 09-01-2008, 03:19 PM g0rg0n is offline  
Reply With Quote
#130  

Poutine
aka Pou Pou
 
Poutine's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
I don't hate the japan that exists now, I hate the japan that existed then.

Just who the fuck embargoed Japan in the first place?
__________________
C G
Far away gone
F C G Am
I'll be hiding from the plans
G C
of too many hands.

- Jim Cuddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHfAHqXbxI
Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 PM Poutine is offline  
Reply With Quote
#131  

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!
 
g0rg0n's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
Just who the fuck embargoed Japan in the first place?

well no shit, because Japan was murdering millions of Chinese. it's not like we just woke up one day and were like "hmmmm what nefarious s can we hatch today."
__________________
I'm the Billy Idol of genmay
Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM g0rg0n is offline  
Reply With Quote
#132  

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
Just who the fuck embargoed Japan in the first place?

Wow you're such a fucking idiot.

You further prove Canadian's have no fucking clue about US wars / politics. Just stay out in the future because you post in every US thread on this fucking forum.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:02 PM kudos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#133  

coolxboxgamer
 
Japan had a horrible human rights record in that era and was a terrible country. They would have never surrendered and most of those people would have died anyways, along with hundreds of thousands of other people. It was the correct call.
__________________
d67ca28ff460654694fe788f176c6640 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 PM coolxboxgamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
#134  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolxboxgamer View Post
Japan had a horrible human rights record in that era and was a terrible country. They would have never surrendered and most of those people would have died anyways, along with hundreds of thousands of other people. It was the correct call.
Aren't you like 12?
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#135  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.