General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
You should do the experiment before assuming thats how it would go.

Take a loaded gun that you have assured has the safety off and a round chambered and put it in your mouth. Pull the trigger and let your consciousness affect the outcome and make the round not go off.

Do the experiment before you assume which way it would go.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

sun_ofa_beach

Please don't ban him. He's really entertaining. This is probably the second fastest moving thread right after the chat thread.

March 1st 07 - Dweeb transformed to Balladom <3

gee
MY TITLE ISNT LONG ENOUGH

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
there is no way someone can be this stupid and still manage to use a computer

ry is the most epic troll ever

What. There really is no explanation beyond why a circle is round other than the shape itself. It's like, why is your penis elongated with a bell end... ugh look at the thing, do you really need to elaborate? Why are titties potruding with a nipple. Why do girls squeeze their uteral lining out of their vagina every month? (actually that still puzzles me somewhat, I do not know why they formed their body that way I think there might of been better routes of cell division to take when they were self-physically-manifesting into this dimension, but hey I ended up with a penis so what do I know about manifesting a uterus in my terrestrial form). But for things that are not as foreign to you, learning how to intuit the nature of things just through direct perception of it is the most accurate understanding you can get. I mean in a way it IS stupid, I get it. One guy is writing an entire book about the nature of 'roundness' and I'm saying "just look at thing", wheres all my fancy pizzazz of exampling roundness? But I do think its useless to invest brain power to develop metaphorical comprehension of the nature of the circle. I mean you can develop anologies of the circle, like all things we experience in life ARE circular in nature, but the circle is itself it's own statement, explanation and description of it's own nature. We need not project our thought forms onto it.

SemperFly

Quote:
What. There really is no explanation beyond why a circle is round other than the shape itself. It's like, why is your penis elongated with a bell end... ugh look at the thing, do you really need to elaborate? Why are titties potruding with a nipple. Why do girls squeeze their uteral lining out of their vagina every month? (actually that still puzzles me somewhat, I do not know why they formed their body that way I think there might of been better routes of cell division to take when they were self-physically-manifesting into this dimension,

what lied beyond full retard? because you've gone there. twice.

nothing you say has any meaning

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
what lied beyond full retard? because you've gone there. twice.

nothing you say has any meaning

Full Retard and Back Again - A story by Dildo Slobbit

Gibonius

Quote:
This is just a story you've put together, you do not know if that is true.

Why is it so absurd to you to assert that human consciousness may be a variable component in a research experiment? I could understand when someone presents you with something saying "HERE, human consciousness is a component in this experiment" of course skepticism would be had about how true their claims are. But to generally dismiss the very possibility that human consciousness could be a variable component in anything, I think is absurd. It may be a jump to start declaring specific instances where human consciousness is a variable as we don't have proper means to verify such things. But to dismiss the possibility that consciousness is a variable altogether, in every experiment and phenomena we find of nature in the future, I do not think is intelligent.

If science had a means of accurately being able to control the variable of human consciousness I have absolutely no doubt that the things which could be experimentally verified under intense rigor would be truly astonishing.

Advances brought to use by rigorous scientific methods: myriad

Advances brought to use by alternative, non-rigorous methods: minimal

That's why I consider it absurd. The system I use works, demonstrably, for essentially every natural system that humans have ever tried to study. Until this alternative system produces some viable results, I don't see any particular reason to indulge it.

Golf(e)

Quote:

human consciousness MAY be a variable component in experimental research.

Science cannot currently account for human consciousness itself as a variable in experimental research. This is a HUGE hole in the scientific method

you mean it MAY be a huge hole in the scientific method, dont you?

You dont seem to think it "MAY" be a variable.. you sound pretty convinced it is. Why Im not sure. Because you'd like to imagine the world works this way, I suppose. The idea fits for you, is that it? maybe you'd like to think we're more significant than we are. Not sure, cant tell.

Sure, our consciousness MAY have some hidden relationship with physical processes we've not yet detected, the idea isnt totally left field or anything. But one way or the other, you sure do WANT it to work that way. And all of your arguments or proposals involve this assumption. But its like.. you know.. you've got fuck all to go on. Right? Since it only MAY be a variable? Right? So..
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop

dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
maybe you'd like to think we're more significant than we are

How significant are we?

Golf(e)

lol
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop

acidfast7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
Posting before reading below. Water goes back to its random, bulk state less than a femtosecond after any analyte has left its vicinity.

Water memory is idiotic and you are a retard.

The links to articles I posted above says that I am not an idiot.

Three out of four labs were able to reproduce the results with IgE.

TheMorlock

would that be a golden lab or a chocolate lab?

Patriotic Eagle

Moldy queer with cool opinion pisses me off!