General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > [M]eetups
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Eduardo

Bay Area [M] Meet

Sunday Aug. 18 is a nice sunday, who wants to? we can go to In-N-Out and maybe get fletch to eat a big burger again....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Rem1X

damn, next sunday im in tahoe

but in pleasanton we got:
Me
Fletch
Rye
Ranbok
pinto

ubercaff

YES YES YES LETS HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ubercaff

Yea.... no

Last edited by ubercaff; 11-09-2007 at 09:34 AM..

ubercaff

meh

Last edited by ubercaff; 11-09-2007 at 09:34 AM..

Akuma
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally posted by ubercaff
How about this? I am running a lanparty on August 16/17 in Los Gatos. We are able to handle 200 people there. It will be super kickass. Friday night we can go out to dinner in Campbell and eat at like Left at Albequerqe's or something. Then go back to the lan. Yes, No?

The URL for the lanparty is: HTTP://WWW.LGLAN.NET

We will have 7.1/768 DSL and will be exactly 400 feet from the CO.

Pics from the last one can be found at http://www.lglan.net/stuff/lgjeff/octane.htm
I was considering going until I read that it was in a church, and no MA games are allowed. That means that basically no FPS's are allowed..Quake3, Counter-strike, etc. It looks like its gonna be a mostly RTS LAN..

ubercaff

Actually it was really cool. CS is allowed. We played alot of MOHAA and Jedi Knight 2 at the last lan. We will also have a live DJ spinning there.

Edit: The DJ will be Jason Burns. There is also a huge kickass free (w/ price of admission) barbeque if you just want to eat there.

Last edited by ubercaff; 08-11-2002 at 11:21 AM..

Akuma
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally posted by ubercaff
Actually it was really cool. CS is allowed. We played alot of MOHAA and Jedi Knight 2 at the last lan. We will also have a live DJ spinning there.

Edit: The DJ will be Jason Burns. There is also a huge kickass free (w/ price of admission) barbeque if you just want to eat there.
So if CS is allowed, what about Quake 3, SOF2, UT, and all of the other M rated games?

ubercaff

Nope, but it will be fun, so come anyways damnit! This is the first/last lan that will be held at the church. We just had a scheduling conflict and wondered what would happen if we did hold the 2 events together. The last lan kicked ass and was one of the better lans that I have been to.

Akuma
Kiddie Corral Material

Well it's an 80 mile drive from my house so um, I'll think about it..

Eduardo

actually, the LG lan doesn't sound too bad, I'd have to split late friday night because I work on saturday, but what the hell

pinto

hey i live in ptown like remix said... but fletch is coming back on sunday from a family trip so i don't know if he can make it.. i am sure he (we) would like to have it at an in and out somewhere. but it just wouldn't be the same with out fletch ;(
"I can't even begin to express the hate I have for you and your kind. It's people like you that ruin my insurance rates and make it difficult for me to get full coverage on my hard-earned car." -Kidane

ubercaff

I say everyone that can come to the lglan comes to the lglan. Then maybe the next weekend or something we can all go down to like Pleasonton or something and party. Maybe a lan in the place Fletch works.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

umm.. im in Menlo Park... near palo alto... and i guess i can go as long as I have my new alternator in by then... .

ubercaff

I am thinking about PM'ing as many people as I can about this lanparty. Who lives in the Bay Area that is on the board?