General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Coqui

Sadly, my answer is, in the time it took you to write that, you could have applied to 10-15 jobs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wilse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Sadly, my answer is, in the time it took you to write that, you could have applied to 10-15 jobs.

not if you're doing it properly

Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanxxx View Post
honestly, i was making every fucking effort to do exactly what i was suppose to be doing. if i had known i wasn't able to do what i had done, i would not have done it.. i've got rent, bills, a car... i can't afford to not have a job. i like my job and she is in fact a temporary supervisor, she's gone the monday after my last day.. i was trying to fix what i had been doing incorrectly and stick it out
So, let me get this straight... You know your temporary supervisor is leaving very soon, but you had to quit anyhow?

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
So, let me get this straight... You know your temporary supervisor is leaving very soon, but you had to quit anyhow?

It sounds like she thinks that the temporary supervisor might have fired her before the two weeks were up.

I think I'd have stuck it out if I had some degree of hope that the replacement would be reasonable.

@Spanxx: Can you rescind your two weeks notice and stay on? Two weeks shouldn't be that hard to get through, although working 11 hour days does sound like suffering. And maybe try to work it out with the supervisor in the mean time?

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

for all this complaining and leg work you've done to find information - have you talked to your bosses immediate supervisor?

if she's a temp it shouldn't really matter that much - I doubt she'd even have the power to fire someone if she's only going to be there two more weeks.

Last edited by Dongboy; 04-15-2010 at 12:25 PM..

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

Sounds like it's a good thing you left, let us know how it works out. I didn't read the whole thread, but my only advice is to get a lawyer.

Pudah

You should have sex with your supervisor. There are so many ways you can go after that. Your options are virtually unlimited. Of course pictures are mandatory.

Founding [M]ember of the Blizzard in my sig club.
Blizzard Entertainment
131 Theory
Irvine, CA 92612

spanxxx
RMTC is the only man that can handle my tits!

Quote:

i would have been fired after my last fatal error.. i already had all my write ups, i did the quitting to avoid being walked out and working for another 2 weeks.

i got written up today for listening to music while doing my paperwork.. something i've done daily for the past year... only 4 more work days.. four, gah i'm going to go insane!

i honestly feel as like just walking out, but it's not going to help my situation... or my bank account

spanxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudah View Post
You should have sex with your supervisor. There are so many ways you can go after that. Your options are virtually unlimited. Of course pictures are mandatory.

my supervisor would crush me.. she's disgustingly obese.. ewwww haha i wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole

Stereodude

Quote:
i would have been fired after my last fatal error.. i already had all my write ups, i did the quitting to avoid being walked out and working for another 2 weeks.

i got written up today for listening to music while doing my paperwork.. something i've done daily for the past year... only 4 more work days.. four, gah i'm going to go insane!

i honestly feel as like just walking out, but it's not going to help my situation... or my bank account
I don't know about in Canada, but in the US you can usually collect unemployment when you get fired. It's very difficult to collect it when you quit voluntarily.

spanxxx

Quote:
I don't know about in Canada, but in the US you can usually collect unemployment when you get fired. It's very difficult to collect it when you quit voluntarily.

i agree with the above statement, although if you read the thread.. this is what i'm trying to fight... hence the quotations with 3 seperate scenerios that outline possible ways for me to be eligible for ei..

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother

why didn't you figure that out before you put your notice in?

as fucking terrible as a shitty boss is it's a WHOLE lot better to be lambasted daily and still get a paycheck for it then it is to not get a paycheck and sit at home looking for a job.

it's also a whole lot easier to get a new job while already having a job

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
honestly, i was making every fucking effort to do exactly what i was suppose to be doing. if i had known i wasn't able to do what i had done, i would not have done it.. i've got rent, bills, a car... i can't afford to not have a job. i like my job and she is in fact a temporary supervisor, she's gone the monday after my last day.. i was trying to fix what i had been doing incorrectly and stick it out

my supervisor refused to answer any questions that i had one day because my SHOES, simple black ballet flats, weren't dressy enough... like really?! she would make me rework files, where everything had been looked at and when i brought it back to my fom, his decision remained. she dinged me on an escalation, because she didn't have time to relay important information to our team.

Someone mentioned escalating to her supervisor, maybe even higher. It may not be the best option but sometimes necessary, would that be at all possible?

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about women basically having it out for one another in the workplace.I certainly think it exists even though DM said it doesn't. Sometimes its not very apparent, and doesn't exist in all organization, but sometimes it is and sadly one cant do shit about it.

If you like your job escalate as high as you can, go to HR and fight for your right. Contact the former supervisor, mention your prior performance reviews.

It might be hard to build a case, and slim chance you will be sided with but at least you know you tried.

--------

As for the shoes. If your company has a dress code and your shoes violated it, then technically she is on fair grounds to make the complaint. I mean we have dress codes too, men have to wear jackets and ties. I wear a tie only, no jacket .We are lenient with it, but technically I am in violation. If my boss turns around tomorrow and writes me up, he would be in the right.

SmashingPumpkins

do whatever you think is best for yourself, but don't complain when it gets hard.

spanxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Someone mentioned escalating to her supervisor, maybe even higher. It may not be the best option but sometimes necessary, would that be at all possible?

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about women basically having it out for one another in the workplace.I certainly think it exists even though DM said it doesn't. Sometimes its not very apparent, and doesn't exist in all organization, but sometimes it is and sadly one cant do shit about it.

If you like your job escalate as high as you can, go to HR and fight for your right. Contact the former supervisor, mention your prior performance reviews.

It might be hard to build a case, and slim chance you will be sided with but at least you know you tried.

--------

As for the shoes. If your company has a dress code and your shoes violated it, then technically she is on fair grounds to make the complaint. I mean we have dress codes too, men have to wear jackets and ties. I wear a tie only, no jacket .We are lenient with it, but technically I am in violation. If my boss turns around tomorrow and writes me up, he would be in the right.

At this point, really don't want my job back anymore, i can see how corrupt it is.. i mean obviously if i wasn't in the situation where i had to put in my notice i would not have.. i would have stuck it out. but when i put my notice in i really would not have had a choice. i've been speaking with my service managers and some of them are going to be sending me emails to forward to my operations site managers and also my supervisor as well. these same service managers and also my field op managers are willing to provide me with a letter of reference for future ops.

i'm actively searching for a new job, and currently studying to take my llqp, which is provincial licensing to sell life insurance.i'm going to apply for employment insurance to make sure that i have some source of income incase i am unable to find a job right away.

and for the record, my shoes WERE within dress code, my supervisor was just being a OMGOMGOMGOMG