General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post

Quote:
As the Antarctic SUMMER drew to a close, sea ice began to freeze around the ice fragments

And I can't tell from the small pic but it looks like the Before picture has a gradual slope to the sea that is Lower than the After pic with the sharp slope and a freezing field of ice in the water.

Nice try though

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
And I can't tell from the small pic but it looks like the Before picture has a gradual slope to the sea that is Lower than the After pic with the sharp slope and a freezing field of ice in the water.

Nice try though

Yeah, because who would have guessed that when the summer season was over and it got cold, that things would start to freeze. Not to mention that the quantity of ice in the ice shelf that was lost was quite a bit higher than what froze over in the winter.

Oh and nice job reading the other articles too. I'll link them again for you, in case you decide to stop being a moron.

TheMorlock

I'll just wait till 2015 when it's going to Really REALLY warm up. The last 30 years I have waited, while each five year prediction and each overblown "proof" of Massive Imminent Meltdown(tm) fails to occur, we can just forget about.

Of course then we will have to wait till 2020 and the next yahoo I have to deal with will gasp and point just like you and those who predate you.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock, Mayor of Fail City and front-running candidate for the 2015 President of Idiocy race View Post
I'll just wait till 2015 when it's going to Really REALLY warm up. The last 30 years I have waited, while each five year prediction and each overblown "proof" of Massive Imminent Meltdown(tm) fails to occur, we can just forget about.

Of course then we will have to wait till 2020 and the next yahoo I have to deal with will gasp and point just like you and those who predate you.

I think everyone in the pit can agree that you shutting up for 6 years will be a good thing.

TheMorlock

Quote:
I think everyone in the pit can agree that you shutting up for 6 years will be a good thing.

Who says I'm shutting up? I'm just waiting 5 years till YOU shut up. Then the next guy in a long line will come up with the WELL THEY DIDN'T GET IT QUITE RIGHT BEFORE BUT NOW THEY WILL BLIND YOU WITH SCIENCE SCIENCE!!!
And then I will have a new guy to play with.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Who says I'm shutting up? I'm just waiting 5 years till YOU shut up.

I think I could hear the collective sigh by members of the pit when they read that you wouldn't shut up.

P.S.: You should really work on those math skills. 2015-2009=6 years.

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Quote:
Visitors passing through
Audubon Society study bird migration shift to climate change
By MATTHEW TRESAUGUE
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Feb. 10, 2009, 2:18AM
photo
DAVE CRUZ Arizona Republic

The changes in migration coincide with temperature variations over time, researchers said.

There was a time when the American goldfinch, a gregarious nesting bird, could be found in backyard feeders throughout Houston. But now, as climate change seems to be leaving its first footprints here, the bird is slowly moving its territory to the north.

The goldfinch’s subtle shift is hardly unique. Of 305 species tracked by the Audubon Society, more than half are spending the winter about 35 miles farther north than they did 40 years ago, according to a study to be released today.

The changes in migration coincide with variations in temperature over time, suggesting that many birds are responding to climate change by moving into new ranges, the researchers said. The average January temperature, for example, climbed by about 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the United States over the four decades covered in the study.

Plants and animals have always had to adjust to shifting climates, and birds have moved for a variety of reasons, ranging from urban sprawl to deforestation. But the Audubon study covers a variety of species throughout North America, prompting researchers to suspect that larger forces are at work in their changing migration habits.

“This is as close as science at this scale gets to proof,” said Greg Butcher, the lead scientist on the study and the director of bird conservation at the Audubon Society. “It is not what each of these individual birds did. It is the wide diversity of birds that suggests it has something to do with temperature, rather than ecology.”
Quote:
Butterfly migration indicates climate change crisis
Thursday, 11 Dec 2008 10:47
Northward shift of butterflies in Europe providing early warning over impact of climate change

The northward shift of butterflies in Europe is providing an early warning for scientists about the impact of climate change.

Butterflies are regarded as a valuable tool for scientists due to their sensitivity to changes in their environment.

Analysis by tens of thousands of volunteers has produced the climatic risk atlas of European butterflies, which warns the continent will lose most of its biodiversity due to climate change.

Many butterflies will largely disappear from where they are regularly seen now, researchers warn.
Quote:
rey whales delay migration due to rise in ocean temperatures, scientists say
Climate change is causing the whales to spend more time north before swimming to the waters off California's coast
Quote:
Moving Up: Climate Change Forces Species to Higher Elevations
by Tim McGee, Helena, MT, USA on 01.25.09
Science & Technology (science)

Mount Kinabalu on the island of Borneo is a major center of biodiversity. The large range of elevation creates unique habitat conditions from lower to higher elevations, leading to a rich diversity of life. In 1965 three undergraduates set off to trap moths on the mountain, and unknowingly established the foundation for future studies of the impact of climate change. Forty-two years later Henry Barlow and Jeremy Holloway, two of the original three undergraduates assisted in a 2007 expedition back to the mountain, that for the first time has demonstrated climate change is affecting the distribution of tropical insects, the most numerous group of animals on Earth.

The research led by University of York has found that the tropical insects moved about 67 meters uphill in the past 42 years. This represents a major threat to global biodiversity, as insect species are pushed into ever-higher elevations the options for habitat become scarce. Many of the moth species found by the expedition are found nowhere else on Earth, and are in increasing danger of extinction.
Quote:
Moving Up: Climate Change Forces Species to Higher Elevations
by Tim McGee, Helena, MT, USA on 01.25.09
Science & Technology (science)

Mount Kinabalu on the island of Borneo is a major center of biodiversity. The large range of elevation creates unique habitat conditions from lower to higher elevations, leading to a rich diversity of life. In 1965 three undergraduates set off to trap moths on the mountain, and unknowingly established the foundation for future studies of the impact of climate change. Forty-two years later Henry Barlow and Jeremy Holloway, two of the original three undergraduates assisted in a 2007 expedition back to the mountain, that for the first time has demonstrated climate change is affecting the distribution of tropical insects, the most numerous group of animals on Earth.

The research led by University of York has found that the tropical insects moved about 67 meters uphill in the past 42 years. This represents a major threat to global biodiversity, as insect species are pushed into ever-higher elevations the options for habitat become scarce. Many of the moth species found by the expedition are found nowhere else on Earth, and are in increasing danger of extinction.
The scientists completed the same survey as before, using photographs to pinpoint the same locations. The survey involved climbing the mountain and catching moths up to 3,675 meters (12,057 feet for those who can’t speak metric). After identification of the moths was completed, it was possible to identify the statistically relevant shift in altitude. The study begins to fill in the picture of the dangers of climate change, and the importance of preserving large vertical swaths of forest for species migration as we continue to warm.
See they don't care what the denier cadre THINKS is or isn't going on....they just react to what IS. and by damn - it IS getting warmer.....

But do keep picking at statistical nits......it's amusing at times......

Last edited by CRasch; 03-08-2009 at 10:56 PM..

TheMorlock

sigh

http://www.greenhousetruth.com/blog/..._cooling.shtml

ZOMG NOAH is a global warming denier!!!

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
sigh

Are you at the point where you've stopped reading articles and just mindlessly post articles you've found while sorting through your "global warming is sham" google results?

Even we ignore what the actual NOAA articles say (hint: it doesn't support your insane ramblings), you can plainly see that the article was published in 2006.

Shall we turn to a 2009 report?

TheMorlock

and still colder than 2001.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...3_coolest.html

FUCKING GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS!!!!!!

Nice try though

You going to do your decadal variance dance again? You seem to forget how to do it when something seems to support your view like a single year ice calving from a glacier.

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Quote:
sigh

Well shit, I'll take a non-peer scientific reviewed blog over ones that come from acreditated scientificly peer reviewed schools.
Don't you get it, your sources are . They are not even concidered scientific.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRasch View Post
Well shit, I'll non-peer scientific reviewed articles / docs over ones that come from acreditated scientificly peer reviewed schools.
Don't you get it, your sources are . They are not even concidered scientific.

So NOAH site is just another blog?

ZOMG I get it they SOLD OUT TO DICK CHENEY AND CARL ROVE!!!

Hmmm fuckyouformakingmealoser didn't think so

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
So NOAH site is just another blog?

ZOMG I get it they SOLD OUT TO DICK CHENEY AND CARL ROVE!!!

Hmmm fuckyouformakingmealoser didn't think so

I never said your link was valid - you really should work on that reading comprehension. I talked about the 2006 article that piece of shit blog talks about (and doesn't understand).

Hopefully you'll notice this time around through your drunken haze that I also posted a Jan 2009 article released by NOAA.

Quote:
LEARN TO READ!

TheMorlock

Quote:
I never said your link was valid - you really should work on that reading comprehension. I talked about the 2006 article that piece of shit blog talks about (and doesn't understand).

Hopefully you'll notice this time around through your drunken haze that I also posted a Jan 2009 article released by NOAA.

poor guy

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
and still colder than 2001.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...3_coolest.html

FUCKING GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS!!!!!!

That article talks about the period between December 2007 and February 2008. So yeah, it doesn't show what you think it does.

Quote:
Nice try though

You going to do your decadal variance dance again? You seem to forget how to do it when something seems to support your view like a single year ice calving from a glacier.
First of all, there is such thing as decadanal variation and much has been written in the literature about this very topic (in general and in regards to 2000-present). I posted one among many of the journal articles which demonstrate this (omg science conspiracy amirite?).

Second, there's no dance at all. The news about Antarctica ice melting is important because a) Antarctica was believed to be somewhat isolated from the rest of the earth's climate b) Global warming deniers such as yourself (in this very thread) have claimed that the lack of melting in Antarctica is proof against global warming c) Such change could have serious consequences in the short term.