General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by argondude2488 View Post
besides, pascals wager

Assumptions based on pascals wager.

1. The god you believe in is the christian god. What happens when you meet your maker and Zeus is pissed off that you didn't sacrifice enough sheep?

2. You can "trick" yourself and an omnipotent entity that you are sincere in your beliefs.

3. That the possibility of god existing is 50/50. I'm pretty sure the possibility of loch ness existing is close to the probability of god existing.(Though I'm giving too much credit to god here. Dinosaurs actually existed at one point.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
What you believe in doesn't matter. Just because creationist dipshits don't believe in evolution doesn't mean it's not true.

You need help. I know you'll never get it but hopefully if people keep reiterating it that one day a sliver a doubt will creep into your consciousness before you find some way of justifying homicide by pretending you're saving someone from the evils of western medicine.

or I might get out some weapon to introduce to people the glories and joys of western democracy

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
or I might get out some weapon to introduce to people the glories and joys of western democracy

Please don't project the beliefs/convictions of insane warmongers on us. Isn't the chief warmonger a deeply religious man?
WISDOM

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by That German Guy View Post
Please don't project the beliefs/convictions of insane warmongers on us. Isn't the chief warmonger a deeply religious man?

i dunno man

SemperFly

Quote:

no I just think you'll snap one day and hold some kid with a knife against her throat screaming the demons need to be released before a police sniper puts one in your medulla and ends your psychotic rampage

argondude2488

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
Assumptions based on pascals wager.

1. The god you believe in is the christian god. What happens when you meet your maker and Zeus is pissed off that you didn't sacrifice enough sheep?

2. You can "trick" yourself and an omnipotent entity that you are sincere in your beliefs.

3. That the possibility of god existing is 50/50. I'm pretty sure the possibility of loch ness existing is close to the probability of god existing.(Though I'm giving too much credit to god here. Dinosaurs actually existed at one point.)

1.it sucks if you chose the wrong god but you still have a higher chance believing there is a god then is you dont

2. yeah, i know, that one is the biggest problem with the wager

3. im not getting what your saying here, you lost me with the whole nessie and dinosaurs bit

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by argondude2488 View Post
1.it sucks if you chose the wrong god but you still have a higher chance believing there is a god then is you dont

2. yeah, i know, that one is the biggest problem with the wager

3. im not getting what your saying here, you lost me with the whole nessie and dinosaurs bit

There are over 200 gods, chances are you're not worshiping the "right" one.

You're saying there may or may not be a god, so I might as well believe in it to get on its good side. The assumption is god existence is kind of a 50/50 thing. This is probably from people equating god either exists or does not to a half/half rule - logical fallacy. We have absolutely no evidence of god existing, it isn't a toss of a coin here. It's impossible to put a number on it, but if I had to it would be in the 1-5% range and definitely not the god that everybody worships at the moment.

When you look at this wager in a logical light, your best bet is to not waste your time believing in silly superstitions and live your life.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Besides, the most important thing is pascals wager is a play on probability. No matter how erroneously you wish to calculate it, that still doesn't mean jack fucking shit towards anything, because the christian god that you probably use to push this example doesn't require your knowledge of bull shit probabilities that do not make sense, he requires faith. Wagering doesn't equal that. The only thing wagering does in your instance is, that it makes you look like a fucking imbecile on a message board.

Have a nice day

argondude2488

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Besides, the most important thing is pascals wager is a play on probability. No matter how erroneously you wish to calculate it, that still doesn't mean jack fucking shit towards anything, because the christian god that you probably use to push this example doesn't require your knowledge of bull shit probabilities that do not make sense, he requires faith. Wagering doesn't equal that. The only thing wagering does in your instance is, that it makes you look like a fucking imbecile on a message board.

Have a nice day

im sorry i didnt put the sarcastic thing after pascals wager, i figured laughing at it would have been enough

i dont use pascals wager to verify my faith

ry_goody

Quote:
no I just think you'll snap one day and hold some kid with a knife against her throat screaming the demons need to be released before a police sniper puts one in your medulla and ends your psychotic rampage

no man. I can remain calm and loving in even the most extremes of utmost power. What your seeing is your response to the day you may visit the kundalini energy in full. The conception of demon doesn't even exist in my mind anymore, I've cleared all that nonsense out.

Seriously, if your gonna claim yourself atheist and get over christianity you might as well clear ALL OF THE RELIGIONS UNCONCIOUS CONCEPTIONS from your mind. Demons don't exist, the word is unnecessary.

Gibonius

Quote:
Demons don't exist, the word is unnecessary.

It's a metaphor.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
It's a metaphor.

well yes, but metaphors are what construct your brain and ultimately hallucinations
if you open the third eye, you have to be extremely concious of the metaphors you utilize because they have the ability to manifest

SemperFly

Quote:
well yes, but metaphors are what construct your brain and ultimately hallucinations
if you open the third eye, you have to be extremely concious of the metaphors you utilize because they have the ability to manifest

you need to shut your brown eye, it keeps saying things

ok that was a stretch but it made me laugh, fuck the rest of you

argondude2488

Quote:

ok that was a stretch but it made me laugh, fuck the rest of you

bahahahaha i loled

ry_goody

Quote: