Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

or you could just implement the Greek system

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
The victims age should not carry any merit in a courtroom as placing a harsher penalty on people who rape kids is an insult to adults who are raped.

The focus should be on determining if the act was consensual instead of endlessly redefining where the age of consent is, and the punishment for guilt should be universal.

How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex with his uncle?

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex with his uncle?

well, if the kid didn't cry, thats a starting point

SnakeIRye

Their definitely needs to be some big changes since drugs users and dealers get 5 times the time in jail that rapists do. I'm all for locking them up for life and/or making them fight to the death for entertainment, but you need to be 100% certain a person did the crime if you're going to be dealing death.

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum781 View Post
Regardless of a person's stance on the death penalty, how can anyone disagree with exterminating all pedophiles for the betterment of society?

Never. because you don't just go around exterminating people. If you do that, it usually goes like this: First the pedos, then the ephebos, then the homos, then the bis, then maybe those fucking ragheads, and also anyone I don't like the looks of.

Some paths are simply too slippery to ever attempt to tread.

That, and until anyone can simply stop being dead the death penalty is not an option, since you can't just zap 'em back to life if it turns out they're not guilty after all.
WISDOM

EigerVue

just to play devil's advocate:

One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.

teh scud

too extreme

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue View Post

One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.

There are still societies that practice pedophilia openly. One being somewhere in the mideast where all of the men routinely court boys, while their moms and dads turn a blind eye.

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex ?

didn't that mooohammed guy "marry" his wife when she was ~ 5 ?

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

bzzzt wrong answer.

EigerVue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
bzzzt wrong answer.

daddy make you suck his dick?

leo

Quote:
Whatever, welcome to a western society where it is not tolerated.

Quote:
But how about two drunk college kids getting it on at a party? Technically that's rape by the man (which is to begin with), but is that a death penalty crime? And of course there's always the scenario of completely consensual sex where the woman decides to cry rape for whatever reason the next day. A rare enough situation, but still likely enough to be a good reason to keep the death penalty on the shelf
this.

And honestly, who's to say how rare it actually is? We really don't know. What about situations where a woman is pressured into sex, eventually giving reluctant or hesitant consent, but then later regretting the decision during or after the act? What about the exceptionally ambiguous crime of spousal rape, where (in the absence of violence) it can be particularly unclear if an actual rape had occurred? What about the defacto double standard for the more rare (but still existent) female rapist? Additionally, if the crime of rape or molestation automatically earns a death sentence, you can rest assured that every sexual assault will also end in a murder, as killing the victim would effectively decrease the rapist's chance of receiving the death penalty. It just isn't worth it.

Though, I do think the current system is TOTALLY fucked up, and I support efforts like Jessica's Law, which seek to bolster punishment for sexual crimes against children.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Question to the fucking idiots:
What would you assume a child molester would do if the effective first strike sentence for kiddy fiddling would be the death penalty? What would you say is an effective way of not getting caught?

leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
What would you assume a child molester would do if the effective first strike sentence for kiddy fiddling would be the death penalty? What would you say is an effective way of not getting caught?

let them go, maybe they wont say anything.

CrazyIke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post

It's probably not a deterrent for them though. It's similar to a murderer. He's not going to stop killing because he's afraid of the penalty.