General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
or you could just implement the Greek system
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
The victims age should not carry any merit in a courtroom as placing a harsher penalty on people who rape kids is an insult to adults who are raped.

The focus should be on determining if the act was consensual instead of endlessly redefining where the age of consent is, and the punishment for guilt should be universal.

How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex with his uncle?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:06 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex with his uncle?

well, if the kid didn't cry, thats a starting point
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

SnakeIRye
 
Their definitely needs to be some big changes since drugs users and dealers get 5 times the time in jail that rapists do. I'm all for locking them up for life and/or making them fight to the death for entertainment, but you need to be 100% certain a person did the crime if you're going to be dealing death.
__________________
Remember kids: Don't do school, stay in milk and drink your drugs!
Darth Snake, Evil Jedi Motherfucker Overlord of the Executor
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 PM SnakeIRye is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.
 
That German Guy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum781 View Post
Regardless of a person's stance on the death penalty, how can anyone disagree with exterminating all pedophiles for the betterment of society?

Never. because you don't just go around exterminating people. If you do that, it usually goes like this: First the pedos, then the ephebos, then the homos, then the bis, then maybe those fucking ragheads, and also anyone I don't like the looks of.

Some paths are simply too slippery to ever attempt to tread.

That, and until anyone can simply stop being dead the death penalty is not an option, since you can't just zap 'em back to life if it turns out they're not guilty after all.
__________________
Get money,
fuck bitches,
smoke trees.
WISDOM
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 AM That German Guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

EigerVue
 
just to play devil's advocate:

One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.
__________________
67c6a1e7ce56d3d6fa748ab6d9af3fd7

1285525094
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 AM EigerVue is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

teh scud
 
teh scud's Avatar
 
too extreme
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 AM teh scud is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

SnakeIRye
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue View Post
just to play devil's advocate:

One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.

There are still societies that practice pedophilia openly. One being somewhere in the mideast where all of the men routinely court boys, while their moms and dads turn a blind eye.
__________________
Remember kids: Don't do school, stay in milk and drink your drugs!
Darth Snake, Evil Jedi Motherfucker Overlord of the Executor
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 AM SnakeIRye is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

jubjub
TweedleDumber
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How do you decide if a 5 year old had "consensual" sex ?

didn't that mooohammed guy "marry" his wife when she was ~ 5 ?
__________________
I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 AM jubjub is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue View Post
just to play devil's advocate:

One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.

bzzzt wrong answer.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

EigerVue
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
bzzzt wrong answer.

daddy make you suck his dick?
__________________
67c6a1e7ce56d3d6fa748ab6d9af3fd7

1285525094
Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 AM EigerVue is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

leo
 
leo's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EigerVue View Post
One could say pedophillia is only so damaging because the way society views it. If society accepted it as a normal and healthy practice there wouldnt be the shame or trust issues that otherwise arise from pedophilia. There have been plenty of cultures thruout history where 12-13 was an acceptable age for marriage and sex and it wasnt the problem it is in western culture.
Whatever, welcome to a western society where it is not tolerated.

Quote:
But how about two drunk college kids getting it on at a party? Technically that's rape by the man (which is to begin with), but is that a death penalty crime? And of course there's always the scenario of completely consensual sex where the woman decides to cry rape for whatever reason the next day. A rare enough situation, but still likely enough to be a good reason to keep the death penalty on the shelf
this.

And honestly, who's to say how rare it actually is? We really don't know. What about situations where a woman is pressured into sex, eventually giving reluctant or hesitant consent, but then later regretting the decision during or after the act? What about the exceptionally ambiguous crime of spousal rape, where (in the absence of violence) it can be particularly unclear if an actual rape had occurred? What about the defacto double standard for the more rare (but still existent) female rapist? Additionally, if the crime of rape or molestation automatically earns a death sentence, you can rest assured that every sexual assault will also end in a murder, as killing the victim would effectively decrease the rapist's chance of receiving the death penalty. It just isn't worth it.

Though, I do think the current system is TOTALLY fucked up, and I support efforts like Jessica's Law, which seek to bolster punishment for sexual crimes against children.
__________________
http://charizardevolves.ytmnd.com/
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM leo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Question to the fucking idiots:
What would you assume a child molester would do if the effective first strike sentence for kiddy fiddling would be the death penalty? What would you say is an effective way of not getting caught?
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

leo
 
leo's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Question to the fucking idiots:
What would you assume a child molester would do if the effective first strike sentence for kiddy fiddling would be the death penalty? What would you say is an effective way of not getting caught?

let them go, maybe they wont say anything.
__________________
http://charizardevolves.ytmnd.com/
Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 AM leo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

CrazyIke
 
CrazyIke's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Question to the fucking idiots:
What would you assume a child molester would do if the effective first strike sentence for kiddy fiddling would be the death penalty? What would you say is an effective way of not getting caught?

It's probably not a deterrent for them though. It's similar to a murderer. He's not going to stop killing because he's afraid of the penalty.
__________________
GO '10 SB Champs DALLAS COWBOYS!!!
BILLION DOLLA STADIUM WOO!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 AM CrazyIke is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.