General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Here you go Yar

CALIFORNIA: Assembly to Consider Severe Restrictions on Ammunition Sales! On Tuesday, April 8, the Assembly Public Safety Committee will consider legislation that would require gun owners to obtain a "permit-to-purchase" before buying handgun ammunition. Assembly Bill 2062 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a "permit-to-purchase" would be required to submit to a background check, pay a $35 fee, and wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit. Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber and type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice or the number of their handgun ammunition purchase permit. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines. Please contact the members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee and your State Assembly Member TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this onerous attack on our Second Amendment freedoms. Please click here for contact information.

hope it doesn't pass or it will suck to be u.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Ajchez

At what point will gun owners in California rise up and get angry? Seems like a really bad group of people to piss off like that.

Edit: Also, at what point will legislators realize if someone is going to kill/rob/hurt someone/something with a gun having a permit or not will not stop them.

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

well if this passes it'll only be a couple years before they don't have the ammo to rise up and do something about it

Soybomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajchez View Post
At what point will gun owners in California rise up and get angry? Seems like a really bad group of people to piss off like that.

Edit: Also, at what point will legislators realize if someone is going to kill/rob/hurt someone/something with a gun having a permit or not will not stop them.
Angry doesn't matter much if its a small percent of the population. Its all about getting the voters to realize that, the legislators votes are generally a representation of the their voters want.

The short of it, take people to the range who have never been.

Chilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
well if this passes it'll only be a couple years before they don't have the ammo to rise up and do something about it

Seriously though, I hope this gets voted down. From what I read you guys in Cali have your share of trouble already. The serious shooters (Yar) will plunk down the $35 bucks and carry on with life, but the budding shooting enthusiasts will suffer the most.

To Yar: You fight the good fight and you are constantly vigilant of California bashing; I support you. I understand you take some sort of personal pride in living in Cali, and its not as bad as the internet makes it out to be. In all honesty though, how many hoops are you willing to jump through to keep shooting? At what point would you consider regulations like these unreasonable?

Cryptic
stuff and things

We already have to have a FOID card to buy ammo in Illinois

Ajchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post

To Yar: You fight the good fight and you are constantly vigilant of California bashing; I support you. I understand you take some sort of personal pride in living in Cali, and its not as bad as the internet makes it out to be. In all honesty though, how many hoops are you willing to jump through to keep shooting? At what point would you consider regulations like these unreasonable?

Much love to Yar. I'm sure he has had to put up with some crap at some point, but he keeps a positive attitude about the whole thing. I'm just wondering at what point the second amendment becomes "You have a right to bear arms, but only if you go through a whole bunch of crap and then you only really have a limited right."

yar11800

Yes we are aware of this. We are fighting this of course. California is ground zero for many of these second amendment battles. While these things get a lot of press and momentum here, this nonsense can become a reality in any state including yours.