General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

This is why I bought a shotty... *pics*

Some people asked me why I bought a Norinco HP9 with the 14" barrel. Some people said the 14" barrel is too short. Well, those people are retarded and had no idea what I had planned for it.

I give you my latest mod to my jeep. A 12 gauge shotgun.

next mod is going to be a water tight, locking pistol box that mounts on my rollbar

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

Sweet dude!

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

does it have to be in a case for state laws? or no

Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post
does it have to be in a case for state laws? or no

I'm in Canada, and nope.

as long as its out of sight is all it needs for a non-restricted firearm

BPJ

In my Explorer I had an AR under the back seat. Just flip it up and in the fabric like yours.

Then some old twat ran a stop sign and killed it.

Know I have a beater Elantra and doing without right now. Not really sure how to get it to work. Best I've come up with so far is adapting one of those bars you use to hang clothes on when traveling and convert it to a box that hangs on those tabs and can swing down easily, but blends in somewhat with the roof.

A long while back (whenever it was that Springfield started making those fancy 1911s for the FBI) there was a local FBI guy that had a similar setup in his car. Was above the driver/passenger in a quick release frame. Just yank and the rifle pulls out. It was more of a roof job than what I'd be looking at, but was where I got the idea.

My back seat doesn't lift up, and the trunk takes too long.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJ View Post
In my Explorer I had an AR under the back seat. Just flip it up and in the fabric like yours.

Then some old twat ran a stop sign and killed it.

Know I have a beater Elantra and doing without right now. Not really sure how to get it to work. Best I've come up with so far is adapting one of those bars you use to hang clothes on when traveling and convert it to a box that hangs on those tabs and can swing down easily, but blends in somewhat with the roof.

Sounds like a good idea, but how would you pull it off with the carpeting up there and what not? Are there any structural supports you could put some self tappers into to hold your support base on?

BPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Sounds like a good idea, but how would you pull it off with the carpeting up there and what not? Are there any structural supports you could put some self tappers into to hold your support base on?

It'd be using the egress handles above the back doors. Looking from the rear it would be like

.______.
/...........\

Imagine the dots aren't there, damn spacing. Where the / and \ are attached to those handles. Would give me a frame to work with and could get more headliner material to cover it. It wouldn't be invisible my any means, but I could get it to look clean.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

krisjan76

moar pics of your jeep

edit: coolest mod to an insta trunk that i have evar seen

Barstool

....and what's the need for having a shottie and pistol mounted in yoru vehicle:

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
....and what's the need for having a shottie and pistol mounted in yoru vehicle:

i want a pistol mounted in my truck somewhere, i just haven't found a good way to hide it yet. And i need one mounted in my truck because i don't carry at work, but i want to be able to when i go there and home.

Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post

cause canadian law states that when you're not in your vehicle, the firearms have to be out of sight. You can only openly display non-restricted firearms in a vehicle when you are in the vehicle

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
cause canadian law states that when you're not in your vehicle, the firearms have to be out of sight. You can only openly display non-restricted firearms in a vehicle when you are in the vehicle

The only answer you have to give is, "Because it's allowed and I CAN, so I will."

I went and took a CCW course for Utah and Florida non-resident permits and the teacher asked everyone their reason for taking the class. Protection, whatever. I told him because I'm allowed to so I'm going to, essentially because I can..... I gotta take Minnesota class in a couple days, I just moved to Minneapolis from North Carolina

Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
The only answer you have to give is, "Because it's allowed and I CAN, so I will."

I went and took a CCW course for Utah and Florida non-resident permits and the teacher asked everyone their reason for taking the class. Protection, whatever. I told him because I'm allowed to so I'm going to, essentially because I can..... I gotta take Minnesota class in a couple days, I just moved to Minneapolis from North Carolina

I like that answer. I'm going to use it from now on, because I CAN!

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

I've got a tuffy locking drawer in my rig where I keep recovery gear and a sat phone. I'm trying to re-organize to store a gun somewhere but there just isnt enough room for me