General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

AK47s and their variants...

Obviously the traditional AK47 is illegal in the US but do people still buy and make non-auto variants domestically? I've been interested in this for a long time but I'm unsure about whether it's legal and such.

Does anyone have any experience with this / can enlighten me a bit?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

f00ker
D15 > LS1

yes, they are semi-auto. They are 100% legal.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

The only difference between my AK47 and a "traditional" AK47 is that mine is semi auto, not fully automatic. In washington state it is perfectly legal to own an AK47, i know in cali, my ak47 isn't "legal" but I don't plan on ever living in the commy state of kalifornia.

yar11800

In California you can have a AK as long as it does not have a pistol grip and a detachable magazine. You can have one or the other. The popular configuration is a monsterman grip with a detachable magazine.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yar11800 View Post
In California you can have a AK as long as it does not have a pistol grip and a detachable magazine. You can have one or the other. The popular configuration is a monsterman grip with a detachable magazine.

I hate California...so much.

yar11800

I try to keep my cool, but I really dislike when people say that. I am a Californian, and fight the 2nd amendment issues here. The gun community here is very vocal and active in the courts. We do not deserve the reputation we have.
Secondly we have more matches and gun ranges in southern California than most states.
I don't know why I get so worked up but when people bad mouth Americans, or Californians. I get really really upset. I consider myself a American and a Californian. I think if more people took offense to these comments America and California would be a better place. I try to do something about it.

TommyTheCat

Quote:
I try to keep my cool, but I really dislike when people say that. I am a Californian, and fight the 2nd amendment issues here. The gun community here is very vocal and active in the courts. We do not deserve the reputation we have.
Secondly we have more matches and gun ranges in southern California than most states.
I don't know why I get so worked up but when people bad mouth Americans, or Californians. I get really really upset. I consider myself a American and a Californian. I think if more people took offense to these comments America and California would be a better place. I try to do something about it.

You really do overreact to people saying they hate California. Its not like they are saying "Fuck I hate that Yar fucker and all the gun owners in Cali, the bastards". You take it personally, when all they are saying is "Damn the Laws there suck".

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:

Cool, you got your CPL? Oh right Cali is a may issue state, not a shall issue state. Can you open carry? No??? Yeah that is cool and all you want to fight Cali from within, but when there are gun companies who won't even sell their wares in California (Hello Barrett) You know something is wrong.

Yeah I still hate California, I'm gonna continue to hate California until it gets its act together. And when you say that you don't deserve the reputation you have, I'm not talking about the vocal 2nd amendment peeps, I'm talking about everyone else.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
You really do overreact to people saying they hate California. Its not like they are saying "Fuck I hate that Yar fucker and all the gun owners in Cali, the bastards". You take it personally, when all they are saying is "Damn the Laws there suck".

Exactly, I'm not hating on the gun owners at all, in fact I support them 100%, I'm pissed off at the fucking politicians who think that gun control reduces crime.

f00ker
D15 > LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Cool, you got your CPL? Oh right Cali is a may issue state, not a shall issue state. Can you open carry? No??? Yeah that is cool and all you want to fight Cali from within, but when there are gun companies who won't even sell their wares in California (Hello Barrett) You know something is wrong.

Yeah I still hate California, I'm gonna continue to hate California until it gets its act together. And when you say that you don't deserve the reputation you have, I'm not talking about the vocal 2nd amendment peeps, I'm talking about everyone else.

<3

I love WA. We don't have stupid laws, in general.

f00ker
D15 > LS1

Quote:
Exactly, I'm not hating on the gun owners at all, in fact I support them 100%, I'm pissed off at the fucking politicians who think that gun control reduces crime.

Gun Control: Making law-abiding citizens victims, day in and day out.
Gun Control: Keeping your finger off the trigger.

Politics fucking blow ass when it comes to guns.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
<3

I love WA. We don't have stupid laws, in general.

It really is a great state <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
Gun Control: Making law-abiding citizens victims, day in and day out.
Gun Control: Keeping your finger off the trigger.

Politics fucking blow ass when it comes to guns.

QFT, gun control laws simply take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, that's it. It doesn't reduce crime, it does just the opposite. Criminals really do worry about being shot by a citizen with a gun, but in states like California where you can't defend yourself, what's to worry about?

yar11800

Quote:
For the most part it's not as difficult to get a CCW in California. There are many counties that will issue them. Orange county which is right next to me does, and so does Kern county. It is fairly difficult to get a CCW in LA county or San Francisco county unless you know people or have a very good reason. I work in the firearm industry so I have an advantage others don't.
Barret is also very supportive of the gun owners in California so I don't know what your talking about. When the 50 bmg ban went into place he produced a special 416 Barrett model which is a necked down 50 bmg that is legal just to thumb his nose at the law. There are also two 50 bmg manufactures edm and subu in California. There are several 50 bmg legal variants such as the .510 DTC which is very popular here. Ballisticly it's the same just the shoulder dimensions are a bit different. Just enough to skirt the law. We have a very active pojo match (50 cal) here. So again I think most of the nation is ignorant to what really happens here. They make a stupid law, we fight it, and we get around it. We have AK's and AR's, and 50's in variant forms. It is a lot easier for us to find a variant, than it is for them to pass a law.

But who the hell are you. I bet your not even a NRA member.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
For the most part it's not as difficult to get a CCW in California. There are many counties that will issue them. Orange county which is right next to me does, and so does Kern county. It is fairly difficult to get a CCW in LA county or San Francisco county unless you know people or have a very good reason. I work in the firearm industry so I have an advantage others don't.
Barret is also very supportive of the gun owners in California so I don't know what your talking about. When the 50 bmg ban went into place he produced a special 416 Barrett model which is a necked down 50 bmg that is legal just to thumb his nose at the law. There are also two 50 bmg manufactures edm and subu in California. There are several 50 bmg legal variants such as the .510 DTC which is very popular here. Ballisticly it's the same just the shoulder dimensions are a bit different. Just enough to skirt the law. We have a very active pojo match (50 cal) here. So again I think most of the nation is ignorant to what really happens here. They make a stupid law, we fight it, and we get around it. We have AK's and AR's, and 50's in variant forms. It is a lot easier for us to find a variant, than it is for them to pass a law.

But who the hell are you. I bet your not even a NRA member.

I've been an NRA member for a couple years now, still current as well, I own two rifles and am getting my first handgun this weekend (just got my CPL in the mail a week ago).

What I meant about Barrett was this letter he wrote to Sen. McPherson http://calnra.com/caspecial/barrett/index.shtml I was wrong on my broad stroke saying they don't sell to California, what I meant was their Law Enforcement. I apologize, I honestly try not to follow California local laws as I never plan on living there, the only time I read about them is in my monthly American Rifleman mag. BTW I hope you guys are fighting ammo stamping and lead free bans.

On a more personal note, you need to stop taking things I say personally. I'm not attacking you or any 2nd amendment fighters. So please stop taking it personally! I'm just disgusted with California and its politicians, why should you even need to buy specially made California variants? It disgusts me that anyone would have to even do that!

So for the third time dude, stop taking it personally, and quit with the personal attacks, they are just childish. BTW I still love your madtrigger shooting vids so keep them up!

yar11800

You have to put yourself in my place. How would you like it if people said they hate americans, or people from washington, etc. It might not bother you because you don't hear it that often. Me I am really sick of it. I'm actually pretty worked up about it right now.