General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

darkninja67
I love everything about Boston, including the 2 time World Champion Patriots, The World Champion Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
my ally was nowhere near 4" blade length. I know what you mean about the 66 though, haha. I live over on mission hill so I like having SOMETHING on me, just in case. i can get it out quick and it at the very least gives some sort of protection.

I think I'm going for the Ally again, i dont think i can match the price for the quality i get with it.

Be aware, anything over 2.5" within Boston proper is illegal to carry. They changed this shit after 9-11

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/ar.../t-305633.html

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ROBI854

Most jails do not allow any type on weapons to be brought in the building. The arresting officer has to take them back to the station to be stored until they are claimed. It is worth calling to ask.

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Why were you thrown in jail, and why do you find it necessary to carry a weapon on you?

My knife is a tool, not a weapon.

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Oh shiz, they have a spring-assist version of my 10-year old knife
http://www.benchmade.com/products/pr...aspx?model=906

Eyedea

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone else View Post
its a pocket knife i have on me 99% of the time. You're going to tell me when you're out drinking you leave a pocket knife at home?

Are you serious? Is it really that bad that you're afraid to go outside without having a weapon on you?

I'm so glad I don't live in a country where fear is instilled in you 24/7.

someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
Be aware, anything over 2.5" within Boston proper is illegal to carry. They changed this shit after 9-11

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/ar.../t-305633.html

I thought it was something like 2.5". I think thats what the blade on my Ally was. Next paycheck I think I'll buy another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBI854 View Post
Most jails do not allow any type on weapons to be brought in the building. The arresting officer has to take them back to the station to be stored until they are claimed. It is worth calling to ask.

Yeah I checked as I was leaving, the guy went upstairs to check, nothing. It could have been worse. Its not a $100 knife or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Are you serious? Is it really that bad that you're afraid to go outside without having a weapon on you?

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3kt View Post
My knife is a tool, not a weapon.

I use it all the time for work and stuff. You can say the same thing about people carrying a firearm. I'm not afraid to go out without it, but its not a bad thing to have should shit go wrong.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

Control

Yeah, I think the Ally might be the most attractive and quality blade you'll find for that price. One suggestion is a Gerber, a lot of their knives are inexpensive and I think they're fairly good quality. Maybe the Mini Paraframe (blade length 2.2") or the Truss 2 (blade length 2.1", also a 2.6" option), which I personally own. It takes a great edge very easily, and both those have the cutout handle design somewhat similar to the Ally.

CKRT = to me, I don't think I've ever really liked the looks of any of their knives.

Any reason not to go with a multitool that has a knife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post

Now, while America is definitely a country that tries its best to keep its population in a perpetual state of fear with the media, fear is not the only reason to carry a weapon. The word has negative connotations and isn't entirely accurate; I would say a good reason is more... awareness of human nature. It definitely never hurts to be prepared, and the fact that it's an invaluable tool is another very valid reason to carry a blade.