General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f
 
WILLIAM NOT's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woe View Post
Hows about a chainsaw being cranked? The initial "brrrummpp" or two before the engine finally starts...and then that unmistakable high RPM cry the engine lets forth as it brings the chain up to speed...I'd run...I'd run my ass off.
Unless you could prove to the courts that it was the only available method of self-defense left, I don't think you'd do very well in court. I'd venture to say that there's a good chance that the state prosecution would take it on as a case of aggravated assault and perhaps second degree murder.

A chain-saw is not an effective means of self-defense and its use is more likely to cause a great deal of unnecessary pain and suffering.
__________________
Heinrich the Korean-American Spelling Nazi of the Grammar Nazi Association
R.O.A.D.H.E.A.D. 12/07/05

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant
Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 PM WILLIAM NOT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

00 Buck
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
Unless you could prove to the courts that it was the only available method of self-defense left, I don't think you'd do very well in court. I'd venture to say that there's a good chance that the state prosecution would take it on as a case of aggravated assault and perhaps second degree murder.

A chain-saw is not an effective means of self-defense and its use is more likely to cause a great deal of unnecessary pain and suffering.

a good machete length blade would be better anyway. I'm pretty sure a good chop from one can dislodge the chain, then....
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM 00 Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

Woe
 
Woe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
Unless you could prove to the courts that it was the only available method of self-defense left, I don't think you'd do very well in court. I'd venture to say that there's a good chance that the state prosecution would take it on as a case of aggravated assault and perhaps second degree murder.

A chain-saw is not an effective means of self-defense and its use is more likely to cause a great deal of unnecessary pain and suffering.


I was just saying the sound would deter most sane-minded people. I didn't intend to get into the legality of it lol.
__________________
[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe
3fecac12e47a4763ed75df76d13aa5a8 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM Woe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

Control
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woe View Post
Hows about a chainsaw being cranked? The initial "brrrummpp" or two before the engine finally starts...and then that unmistakable high RPM cry the engine lets forth as it brings the chain up to speed...I'd run...I'd run my ass off.
AWESOME. I would probably run like hell too, thinking I had tried to burglarize a serial killer.
__________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 PM Control is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

domisi
WIGGER LOVER. I <3 yuo mikey! Dat nigga Mikey be muh babies daddy
 
domisi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
What fantasy world do you live in where you can just shoot first, without anything verbal first?
Texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
You can't just shoot someone because they are in your house, even in Texas.
lol?
__________________
<+Allnighte> dom is that really you?
<+Allnighte> in your genmay avatar
<&domisi> no
Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM domisi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

Mr. Baz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveronski View Post
What fantasy world do you live in where you can just shoot first, without anything verbal first? You can't just shoot someone because they are in your house, even in Texas.

Colorado as well as others. You need to brush up on your gun laws and how they differ across the 50 states. Heck I bet you didn't even know there are quite a few states that you can legally open-carry without a permit.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 AM Mr. Baz is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man
 
mofugger's Avatar
 
I'm a believer in verbal warnings, here's a prime example why:

Man hears noise in his house...grabs his shotgun to investigate...hears another noise in the kitchen....BLAM. He nearly blows his wife's leg off.

Now he is rather careless for not seeing if his wife was in bed next to him, and should he have given a verbal warning, this whole tradgedy could have been avoided. Unless of course she was deaf
__________________
Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 AM mofugger is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

Mr. Baz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugger View Post
I'm a believer in verbal warnings, here's a prime example why:

Man hears noise in his house...grabs his shotgun to investigate...hears another noise in the kitchen....BLAM. He nearly blows his wife's leg off.

Now he is rather careless for not seeing if his wife was in bed next to him, and should he have given a verbal warning, this whole tradgedy could have been avoided. Unless of course she was deaf

Unless your wife has night vision, she is going to turn on a freaking light. I would venture to say it is a safe bet that a thief/robber is not going to turn on any lights for fear of being caught/seen.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 AM Mr. Baz is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

zipfly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajchez View Post
There have been a couple cases in Alabama now where you can be sued for maiming an intruder in your own house. I've been told by police it's your responsibility to kill an intruder if you can. The reasoning is that you can't be liable, and they won't come back later and attack some old lady in her house.

You can be sued for anything under the sun. That isn't the same thing as losing in court.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 AM zipfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

zipfly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar11800 View Post
well you only give the warning if nessasary. That is you have the drop on the intruder and you cannot determine if they have a weapon. If they have a weapon you will need to stop the threat as quickly as possible without exposing yourself. I would also recomend the verbal warning as opposed to the racking the gun.

Say for example you find the neighbors teenage daughter who has a mental health disability going through your CD collection. You cannot see her hands, so this would be a verbal warning. Probably tell her to leave the house immediately once you determine she is unarmed, and call her parents.

On the other hand you find two guys with ski masks and knives creeping around no warning needed.

Lets assume for a second the guys with the ski masks on are actually your neighbors kids with plastic knifes. I think if I have a ranged weapon (gun), and I see a melee weapon (knifes) I'm still going to use a verbal warning.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 AM zipfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

yar11800
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipfly View Post
Lets assume for a second the guys with the ski masks on are actually your neighbors kids with plastic knifes. I think if I have a ranged weapon (gun), and I see a melee weapon (knifes) I'm still going to use a verbal warning.

That is your choice. Those would be some super stupid kids setting themselves up for the Darwin award grand prize if they broke into my house.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 AM yar11800 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

00 Buck
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugger View Post
I'm a believer in verbal warnings, here's a prime example why:

Man hears noise in his house...grabs his shotgun to investigate...hears another noise in the kitchen....BLAM. He nearly blows his wife's leg off.

Now he is rather careless for not seeing if his wife was in bed next to him, and should he have given a verbal warning, this whole tradgedy could have been avoided. Unless of course she was deaf

Sounds like a threat ID problem.

Verbal warning is fine AFTER I've determine if the person is a threat and the front sight is already on him.

Then again I might not give any verbal warning if there are multiple intruders, and I can see weapons in their hands for example..
Old 04-08-2008, 01:18 PM 00 Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

Barstool
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipfly View Post
You can be sued for anything under the sun. That isn't the same thing as losing in court.

This is why I love living in TX...our Castle Doctrine includes a clause that excludes us from civil liabilities in the event of a justified home defense shooting.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM Barstool is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

n9vmo1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
This is why I love living in TX...our Castle Doctrine includes a clause that excludes us from civil liabilities in the event of a justified home defense shooting.

Same for here in Indiana. God I love this state.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM n9vmo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

tmoney1876
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
This is why I love living in TX...our Castle Doctrine includes a clause that excludes us from civil liabilities in the event of a justified home defense shooting.

Which means, if there are no criminal charges... there ain't no suing.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM tmoney1876 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.