General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
PS. "Models are always wrong...except when I see one in theregister"
-themorlock

Even better, the model he posted disagrees with his conclusions. I assume he posted it as an example of "LOLOLOL the cultists gots the science WRONG LOLOLOL" but that's just more evidence that he doesn't understand how science works.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1756  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Please don't squeeze the Charmin
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1757  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Please don't squeeze the Charmin

That's really the best you can do now, isn't it

Fabulous.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1758  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
That's really the best you can do now, isn't it

Fabulous.

You just reminded me of the Chem Trail believer guy at works response. good job mr whipple
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-12-2010, 12:40 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1759  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Even better, the model he posted disagrees with his conclusions. I assume he posted it as an example of "LOLOLOL the cultists gots the science WRONG LOLOLOL" but that's just more evidence that he doesn't understand how science works.

yeah


but I guess anything that he feels is something that contradicts Al Gore is damning evidence against the vast conspiracy of scientist who are organizing a socialist NWO
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-12-2010, 01:26 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1760  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
This debate will never end, but no matter if you feel "global warming" is doomsday coming in our lifetime, or that the numbers and possible effects are being overblown for other purposes..these facts remain:

Even if we gave up our houses and cars and rode horses and lived in tents....our "carbon footprint" would still be too big for some eco-nazis. We have to come to grips with the fact that humans ARE PART of the natural world for better or worse. At the same time we have to stop being PC and admit that overpopulation by humans is the greatest problem we face now and in coming years....but of course that is a little more touchy than insisting everyone drive electric cars with energy supplied by alternative energy sources. If world population isn't kept in check, eventually the most devout eco-warriors will get their wish that we all go back to the stone age..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1761  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
I'm not very suprised that a guy who lives in a country that pretty much uses 25% of all made energy, writes nonsensical rants about econazis and being PC
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1762  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
I'm not very suprised that a guy who lives in a country that pretty much uses 25% of all made energy, writes nonsensical rants about econazis and being PC
Would my opinion carry more weight if I lived in a Teepee, cooked by campfire, wore recycled potato bags and rode a donkey to work? Yeah, didn't think so..

Btw...no matter how many Priuses, wind turbines or solar panels Al Gore (and people like him preaching to the unwashed masses) owns/installs.....he will never have a carbon footprint smaller than mine. The jetfuel emmisions carrying him to various 50k a pop speaking engagements alone is more harmful than the pitiful amount of every car I've ever owned.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1763  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Btw...no matter how many Priuses, wind turbines or solar panels Al Gore (and people like him preaching to the unwashed masses) owns/installs.....he will never have a carbon footprint smaller than mine. The jetfuel emmisions carrying him to various 50k a pop speaking engagements alone is more harmful than the pitiful amount of every car I've ever owned.

Why do people throw these statements around like they mean anything? It's like some running conserva-blog meme to basically demand that Gore just shut up, without actually coming out and saying it. There's no thought or reason behind it.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1764  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Why do people throw these statements around like they mean anything? It's like some running conserva-blog meme to basically demand that Gore just shut up, without actually coming out and saying it. There's no thought or reason behind it.

So basically you want no more talk of Gore's blatant hypocrisy and Iron Knee because you agree with his views, but I'm sure you would be just fine hammering away constantly at some conservative's hypocrisy day and night.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:37 PM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1765  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
So basically you want no more talk of Gore's blatant hypocrisy and Iron Knee because you agree with his views, but I'm sure you would be just fine hammering away constantly at some conservative's hypocrisy day and night.

You don't really understand Gore's position on how we should be dealing with climate change if you think he's a hypocrite. He doesn't want to shut down world commerce, he wants people to make reasonable lifestyle changes to minimize their impact on the environment. People try to paint Gore like some crazy eco-terrorist, but his stated policy solutions are rather moderate.

For what Gore does, he can't be effective without traveling. The same would be true for any international businessman, and Gore is not trying to shut that down. The hypocrisy standard is mostly coming from some strawman version of Gore's beliefs.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:59 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1766  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Would my opinion carry more weight if I lived in a Teepee, cooked by campfire, wore recycled potato bags and rode a donkey to work? Yeah, didn't think so..
Yes, yes it would.
Quote:
Btw...no matter how many Priuses, wind turbines or solar panels Al Gore (and people like him preaching to the unwashed masses) owns/installs.....he will never have a carbon footprint smaller than mine. The jetfuel emmisions carrying him to various 50k a pop speaking engagements alone is more harmful than the pitiful amount of every car I've ever owned.

You're again just making the point. Your obsession with Al Gore is also pretty unhealthy, perhaps you should go to therapy.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1767  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Yes, yes it would.



You're again just making the point. Your obsession with Al Gore is also pretty unhealthy, perhaps you should go to therapy.
I'll get right on that chief...just as soon as you do.

No matter how much AGW disciples try to downplay Al Gore's role...the fact is that he is the most visible and well known evangelist. Not only did he receive a Nobel, but his movie was distributed and shown in school systems in the UK and other countries for fucks sake! (until various inaccuracies and overstatements came to light of course) Make no mistake...Al gore may truly care about the environment, (don't know the guy personally) but he and others like him stand to become very wealthy and powerful if they succeed in getting the people of the world onboard with their schemes.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 12-16-2010, 06:38 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1768  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I'll get right on that chief...just as soon as you do.
Ok. In the meanwhile you can keep on pretending you're being asked weird extremities. Because that's what you're basically doing.
Quote:
No matter how much AGW disciples try to downplay Al Gore's role...the fact is that he is the most visible and well known evangelist. Not only did he receive a Nobel, but his movie was distributed and shown in school systems in the UK and other countries for fucks sake! (until various inaccuracies and overstatements came to light of course) Make no mistake...Al gore may truly care about the environment, (don't know the guy personally) but he and others like him stand to become very wealthy and powerful if they succeed in getting the people of the world onboard with their schemes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
You're again just making the point. Your obsession with Al Gore is also pretty unhealthy, perhaps you should go to therapy.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1769  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Why do people throw these statements around like they mean anything? It's like some running conserva-blog meme to basically demand that Gore just shut up, without actually coming out and saying it. There's no thought or reason behind it.

why do you cry and whimper when your religion falls apart?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 12-18-2010, 02:02 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1770  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.