General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lol

woofer like a dog

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Eli

Haven't had any fun stories to share this past week. Got another Windows XP machine put on my desk to "save". Was told the boss was coming back from Flordia soon and he will probably yell at me "just because". I'm excited

STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #36

9a88834bbd59037c3b51e9614424d9f2

Tirppa

This all sounds very 2003.. you posting from the past?

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirppa View Post
This all sounds very 2003.. you posting from the past?

Sadly no.

But this company lives in 2003. I'll get a picture of the computers they use. It hurts inside and out.

STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #36

Eli

Some updates for everyone who is still following this thread:

Was just asked to take a bunch of pictures of a trailer today to put on the website. When I asked for the information so we can sell it I was told: "We don't have any"....that's price and everything.

Two printers are out of toner. Requested new toner cartridges. Was told "No. Find another way". Now I'm spending my day researching how to make my own toner.

Company requested internet in the repair bays for the techs. I was tasked with finding a solution. Spent 30 minutes looking for information on the best wifi extenders for transmission through steel walls as well as distance options. Finally, have an answer with some stronger antennas, my boss comes back with a $24.99 wifi extender and says "Make it work". Guess what, it doesn't....

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Some updates for everyone who is still following this thread:

Was just asked to take a bunch of pictures of a trailer today to put on the website. When I asked for the information so we can sell it I was told: "We don't have any"....that's price and everything.

Two printers are out of toner. Requested new toner cartridges. Was told "No. Find another way". Now I'm spending my day researching how to make my own toner.

Company requested internet in the repair bays for the techs. I was tasked with finding a solution. Spent 30 minutes looking for information on the best wifi extenders for transmission through steel walls as well as distance options. Finally, have an answer with some stronger antennas, my boss comes back with a $24.99 wifi extender and says "Make it work". Guess what, it doesn't....

Good gawd this makes me cringe inside. Wi-Fi "extenders" have no place in a business. Tell him to buck up for a nice mesh setup and call it a fucking day. How many square feet we talking? I have 97,000 in my HQ and we handle it with 12 AP's just fine. Hell, I run this at my house and it's complete overkill:

https://store.amplifi.com/products/amplifi-mesh-system

That's good for 20,000 square feet and it hauls balls. 350 bucks. Tell him to just get off his ass and do it.

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Good gawd this makes me cringe inside. Wi-Fi "extenders" have no place in a business. Tell him to buck up for a nice mesh setup and call it a fucking day. How many square feet we talking? I have 97,000 in my HQ and we handle it with 12 AP's just fine. Hell, I run this at my house and it's complete overkill:

That's good for 20,000 square feet and it hauls balls. 350 bucks. Tell him to just get off his ass and do it.

I agree 100%. I was looking at products from https://www.ubnt.com/products/ for upgrading the network.

Oh and get this....server has a 1TB hard drive that has a "virtual OS" on it limiting the drive to 500GB. We have 100GB left of free space on the server. I requested the purchase of a 2TB or higher secondary drive to move the backups off of as well as expand the use of the server so it doesn't die on us. I was told "Not in the budget".

The cheapest company in the world. I'm looking for another job though. By law, in Ontario, they are supposed to pay your first two sick days and the other 8 are non-paid. I took my first one last week because my kids were also sick

I was told "We will not pay out sick days. If anyone tries to screw us over they will be laid off for a week".

K

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I was told "We will not pay out sick days. If anyone tries to screw us over they will be laid off for a week".

K

Laid off... for a week?

Like, you're fired, but we expect you to come back in next week?

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Laid off... for a week?

Like, you're fired, but we expect you to come back in next week?

suspended without pay

Eli

Today I had to setup security cameras.

To set them up I need power and internet.

The only router is in the bathroom.

Can't set up wifi until I set up wired.

The fattest guy in the building just finished using it.

"This is a rush job"

Fuck my life.

joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.

please tell us how it smells in there

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe nathan View Post
please tell us how it smells in there

As disgusting as you can imagine

lol

today I had a request for a website edit "Remove the word 'Validation', it sounds too harsh, perhaps use 'Congratulations'"

since it said "perhaps" I went with Felicitations instead.

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
today I had a request for a website edit "Remove the word 'Validation', it sounds too harsh, perhaps use 'Congratulations'"

since it said "perhaps" I went with Felicitations instead.

Beautiful!

Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post

So today we installed video cameras facing the back of the lot on the outside of the warehouse. I get a page while I was taking my daily 45 minute shit to come to the office. It turns out the video cameras are not working and not connecting to the Wifi.

"Well Mr. Boss man, the cheap $30 Wifi Extender from Wal-Mart doesn't like the steal walls around the building. We really should invest in a mesh-style network to solve all of our issues and build the network for future expansion if needed"

"Can we hardwire those cameras in?"

"Well yes...."

"Ok leave it with me. I'll get do a shopping trip tomorrow"

So tomorrow I get to wire in 400' of Ethernet cable to a switch to hook to an unreliable wifi extender to hook to another wifi extender that hooks to our router.