General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
Meh. I liked CoD4 better. It's almost the same game with different skins.

I mean seriously, UAVs? In WW2? Oh yeah shit you can call in recon that shows up on your 1942 radar with pulsing lights and shit.. sure makes me feel like a real nazi. I'm suprised they even bothered to replace the helicopter with those fucking useless hounds.

The gameplay feels so much like CoD4 it isn't even fun anymore, why shouldn't I just go play CoD4? This doesn't feeeel anything like WW2, it merely looks the part.

i'd play it for the sole reason of not having to deal with 12 year old level 10 prestige morons with high pitched voices who think they are owed some respect because they played the game for over 10,000 hours...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

CrazyIke

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemangang View Post
I wanted the next Call of Duty to be in Vietnam. WWII is shit.

Battlefield Vietnam was a great fucking game.

-espionage-

theres a uav?

kev@ou

There's some nasty exploiting going on in certain maps where you can go underneath the world and just pick off enemies above you. I don't know if this was a glitch also in CoD4, but I hope it gets fixed before the release. I played it for about an hour today and am not sure what to think just yet. Of the maps I've seen, they seem to offer variety, my favorite one being the beach map. I sucked all around with the weapons that you start out with, since you can't create-a-class until level 4, so that was a little frustrating. The weapons in general just feel inferior to CoD4 - for obvious reasons, but it doesn't make it any less of an issue. There is a UAV, they call it "deploying recon." Haven't had a chance to use the dogs yet, but I've been killed by a couple

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

...i like it.

Azureth

I pre-ordered at gamestops site, do i just wait for the email with the key?

Revamp1

Got my key today and played for about an hour or so. The weapons they give you are all pretty awful in terms of balance(automatics have 0 range, shotguns have too long distance and rifles can't kill anyone unless they're 20 feet away) and the grenades do shit damage with almost zero damage radius. I literally had 2 nades fall at my feet and survived.

The three maps are small and annoying, although sniping is possible on each one. They thought it would be a nice touch to add 200 barrels, rocks, slanted/broken walls, and statues to every map so everyone can hide behind anything to avoid taking damage or dying. This combined with the fact that every weapon is horrible long range, really makes trying to long-distance someone extremely infuriating. One map even has tanks...ugh.

The kill rewards are - 3 kills: UAV, 5 kills: Artillery Strike, 7 kills: Dogs. The dogs are pretty useless because they die in 2 shots and wont swarm around, instead they just run about doing what they can. A lot of the time, I couldn't call in my pack of dogs because 1 stray dog was running around and no one knew where he was, so he wouldn't die. The artillery strikes are neat, and I'm sure will be a lot better in different game modes, but for the most part, they are weaker than airstrikes but have triple the duration, nice for holding choke points or spawn killing.

Along with perks, there's new nades, a tear gas of some sort and flares(flashes). Flares are annoying because once you toss them, you can't run in that direction because it'll blind you too. So trying to flash around a corner and bum rushing will end up just flashing yourself and probably ending up dead. The tear gasses are just retarded. Once you get in the smoke of it, your whole screen gets fuzzy, your movement seems to slow down 80% and the effect wont go away until you stray away from the smoke, so this can last for up to 10 seconds if you get bombed with 3 or cant find a way out of a small hallway. Extremely frustrating.

The perks are the same shit as CoD4, with some new ones that aren't really worth the slots used for Stopping Power and Deep Impact. Instead of red dot, you now get black dot. The challenges are the same as CoD4 for unlocking scopes.

It's basically the same game as CoD4, just..worse. They somehow managed to make all the weapons absolute garbage, nades useless, and intruduce our favorite option of all - autoaim. Overall this shit sucks and I was raging the entire way to level 11.

Vengeance
Stricken with yellow fevah!

i was hoping for a more realistic WWII shooter from WaW, not a fucking cod4 reskin. i think BIA:HH will fill my void nicely but this sounds disappointing for sure.

Azureth

wait, is the pc beta out

onemangang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
....i think BIA:HH will fill my void nicely but this sounds disappointing for sure.

BIA is has a decent single-player but pretty shitty online play. It's a great improvement over the previous two games.

Call of Duty 4 is still the shit.

drx
Kruz3n

The WWII shooter genre is dead because no new WWII-based movies/series have come out in awhile. All the did was swipe dialogue/scenes/shots/you name it from the movies and play it out in the game.

Jamesgott
i dig through other peoples trash

WOOT! i got a beta key! jawsome

Perry County

T-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgott View Post
WOOT! i got a beta key! jawsome

still waiting for mine from my pre order

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revamp1 View Post
Got my key today and played for about an hour or so. The weapons they give you are all pretty awful in terms of balance(automatics have 0 range, shotguns have too long distance and rifles can't kill anyone unless they're 20 feet away) and the grenades do shit damage with almost zero damage radius. I literally had 2 nades fall at my feet and survived.

The three maps are small and annoying, although sniping is possible on each one. They thought it would be a nice touch to add 200 barrels, rocks, slanted/broken walls, and statues to every map so everyone can hide behind anything to avoid taking damage or dying. This combined with the fact that every weapon is horrible long range, really makes trying to long-distance someone extremely infuriating. One map even has tanks...ugh.

The kill rewards are - 3 kills: UAV, 5 kills: Artillery Strike, 7 kills: Dogs. The dogs are pretty useless because they die in 2 shots and wont swarm around, instead they just run about doing what they can. A lot of the time, I couldn't call in my pack of dogs because 1 stray dog was running around and no one knew where he was, so he wouldn't die. The artillery strikes are neat, and I'm sure will be a lot better in different game modes, but for the most part, they are weaker than airstrikes but have triple the duration, nice for holding choke points or spawn killing.

Along with perks, there's new nades, a tear gas of some sort and flares(flashes). Flares are annoying because once you toss them, you can't run in that direction because it'll blind you too. So trying to flash around a corner and bum rushing will end up just flashing yourself and probably ending up dead. The tear gasses are just retarded. Once you get in the smoke of it, your whole screen gets fuzzy, your movement seems to slow down 80% and the effect wont go away until you stray away from the smoke, so this can last for up to 10 seconds if you get bombed with 3 or cant find a way out of a small hallway. Extremely frustrating.

The perks are the same shit as CoD4, with some new ones that aren't really worth the slots used for Stopping Power and Deep Impact. Instead of red dot, you now get black dot. The challenges are the same as CoD4 for unlocking scopes.

It's basically the same game as CoD4, just..worse. They somehow managed to make all the weapons absolute garbage, nades useless, and intruduce our favorite option of all - autoaim. Overall this shit sucks and I was raging the entire way to level 11.

I agree. This is pretty much a COD4 mod. I will say the dogs are kinda cool IMO, I follow them around while they sniff out the enemy for more kills. But yeah there's no way I'll buy this considering I don't find WW2 nearly as fun or interesting to play as modern warfare.