General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

rijaxo

yet again with more great info, thanks man

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Some more interesting reading if anyone is interested. This is a new report by "Citizens Against Government Waste" entitled "Wasted in the War on Drugs: Office of National Drug Control Policy's Wasted Efforts".

http://www.cagw.org/site/DocServer/D...pdf?docID=1661

Link loads a PDF from their main site: http://www.cagw.org

Interestingly, they also support the Hinchey-Rohrabacher Medical Marijuana Amendment which is likely before congress now or very soon:

http://councilfor.cagw.org/site/Page...Rorh_IssuePage

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep
WTF? Suicide in 5-9 year olds?

that suprises you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid
Yeah, WTF? Who's life is that messed up that young?

HIgh there

P3R3
yamneg.com

This thread is so long that i dont even follow wtf we are arguing anymore lol

n0shytsh3rl0ck

i dont know what theyre arguing about either but o well. i have talked about this subject with my friends and ive come to the conclusion that if it was legal, that the goverment would mess it up somehow. i have a feeling they would end up makin marijuana as addictive and harmful as cigarettes. no i dont know this for sure but it sounds like something are government would do.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3r3
This thread is so long that i dont even follow wtf we are arguing anymore lol

weed should be legal.
booze vs weed...
no one ever trips balls over weed
ppl don't really kill each other over weed deals
weed is nice

madpainter1

i think alot of people make money off it when it is illegal (cops, lawyers, etc.) i think they will not legalize it because it would be too much trouble, and it will take away all that money from people who are rich now because of it,your say no to drug people will not let it be legal LOL

Pocho's Tonsil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz
Yay, let's just legalize all currently-illegal drugs. That way everyone can go driving around on the highway doped or drugged up and kill innocent by-standers.

The problem is that some of the _legal_ drugs are far worse and more dangerous to society than marijuana. Marijuana isn't even in the same ballpark with alcohol as far as the potential harm to self and others. Not even close.
I personally think that alcohol is one of the hardest drugs in existance, and ironically(and hypocritcally, perhaps) has the greatest social acceptance. Our values regarding this subject seem to be severely twisted.

Digital_Samurai

Lets debunk this argument

Quote:
from some retard

POt can kill people too!! It could be laced or some kid could have a heart problem he doesnt know about, and smoke it and die...

Drunken Photon Torpedo #3 of the USS EXCELSIOR

slicedoranges
I'M A COCKSUCKER, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE & I'LL SUCK YOUR'S DRY

I'm not a pothead but I agree.

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Samurai
It's the perfect reason to have it legal and regulated.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Samurai

Laced weed would be a symptom of prohibition and illicit, unregulated sales and markets. Not to mention the fact that the kid was most likely never carded.

Despite the dangers associated with marijuana and the increased potential for harm because of the illegal and unregulated markets from which it comes, stairs, swimming pools, crossing the street, over the counter medecines and many other inanimate objects and activities still kill far more people each year than marijuana.

While I suppose it could be possible for someone to have a severe alergic reaction to marijuana, prohibition is not keeping kids away from marijuana nor is it likely anyone would be developing any kind of a test to find out if kids could be deathly allergic to marijuana under the current system of prohibition.

Also, even if the hypothetical kid didn't have an allergic reaction he is far more likely to be arrested as a consequence of having/using marijuana. This and all the possible penalties associated with it are attributable to our system of criminal prohibition. Despite these potential penalties 50% of highschoolers report having tried marijuana before they graduate since we started keeping records in 1975. 80% report they know where to get it. Ever younger kids are getting access to it year after year. Any way you look at it the criminal prohibition of marijuana is not making kids, or anyone else for that matter, safer from marijuana or safer in general.

ZombieLenin

edit: Posted in wrong thread. I must be fucking drunk again

DeepFreeze

Since I dont do drugs and think that people who do drugs are fucking morons(smoking included) I could careless what drugs are legal and what aren't, the people who grow the shit arent getting any of my money so I dont really give a fuck

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
Since I dont do drugs and think that people who do drugs are fucking morons(smoking included) I could careless what drugs are legal and what aren't, the people who grow the shit arent getting any of my money so I dont really give a fuck
by (smoking included) do you mean tobacco? do you drink?