General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
DeepFreeze
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Mod
by (smoking included) do you mean tobacco? do you drink?

Yes I mean tobacco as well. No I dont drink
Old 08-26-2006, 08:48 PM DeepFreeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#466  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
Yes I mean tobacco as well. No I dont drink
ok, good. while i may disagree with you, i don't think you're a hypocrite.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:32 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#467  

DeepFreeze
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Mod
ok, good. while i may disagree with you, i don't think you're a hypocrite.

You honestly think that if I was a junkie or a dumbfuck pothead I would say I dispise people who do drugs I know I am not a hypocrite. Peace
Old 08-28-2006, 02:11 AM DeepFreeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#468  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
You honestly think that if I was a junkie or a dumbfuck pothead I would say I dispise people who do drugs I know I am not a hypocrite. Peace
no, i think that if you smoked or drank and despised people who used drugs you would be a hypocrite. just because they are legal drugs doesn't mean they aren't drugs.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:00 AM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#469  

DeepFreeze
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Mod
no, i think that if you smoked or drank and despised people who used drugs you would be a hypocrite. just because they are legal drugs doesn't mean they aren't drugs.

good point Mod............ Truce
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 AM DeepFreeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
#470  

tight
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubius
Here is my problem with legalizing weed. Imagine a thirty year old mother sitting down watching soap operas in the middle of the afternoon smoking a blunt. She gets high and completely forgets about her children. Best case scenario, the children stay put and are safe. Worst case scenario, they explore outside the house and get lost, maybe killed. Imagine productivity rates at work if people decided to take smoke breaks to get high. Yes, America is a free country and in theory marijuana should be legal, but in order to maintain our way of life it is more beneficial for it to stay illegal. I believe someone else said it earlier, but if you have a stick up your butt because marijuana isnít legal, either move to where it is legal or accept the fact it is illegal.

Thats not the fault of the drug its the fault of the user and the same thing can happen with alcohol and other legal substances. Also, how blitzed would you have to be to forget about something like your kids...And as for production I think it would probably be the same as alcohol and other mind altering substances. If your dumb enough to get so high you cant work up to par you get fired. I wonder if all of these anti-drug people have ever even smoked <_< just curious. It really bothers me when people criticize drug use and act as if they are experts when they have NEVER epxerienced the drug. Also alot of people keep going off topic and talking about other drugs like PCP, we are talking about green here not heroine and speed. Lastly, this argument "leave the country if you dont like it" is ridiculous. Why should we have to spend the money, time and go through all that stress just so we can live our happy lives ? If everyone had this mentality we would never have any change or corrections. You wouldnt use the "if yo udont like it change the channel" argument for other laws so dont use it for this one. O well just my 2 cents
Edit:As for the anti drug people I do support one point you make and maybe the pyramid guy can toss something my way <_< But legalizing harder drugs (yes im going offtopic because i suck) would probably lead to more use because I think people would figure if the government legalizes it, the substance cant be that bad so it would probably open the doors to many users.

Last edited by tight; 09-04-2006 at 02:37 AM..
Old 09-04-2006, 02:34 AM tight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#471  

Komataguri
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tight
Thats not the fault of the drug its the fault of the user and the same thing can happen with alcohol and other legal substances. Also, how blitzed would you have to be to forget about something like your kids...And as for production I think it would probably be the same as alcohol and other mind altering substances. If your dumb enough to get so high you cant work up to par you get fired. I wonder if all of these anti-drug people have ever even smoked <_< just curious. It really bothers me when people criticize drug use and act as if they are experts when they have NEVER epxerienced the drug. Also alot of people keep going off topic and talking about other drugs like PCP, we are talking about green here not heroine and speed. Lastly, this argument "leave the country if you dont like it" is ridiculous. Why should we have to spend the money, time and go through all that stress just so we can live our happy lives ? If everyone had this mentality we would never have any change or corrections. You wouldnt use the "if yo udont like it change the channel" argument for other laws so dont use it for this one. O well just my 2 cents
Edit:As for the anti drug people I do support one point you make and maybe the pyramid guy can toss something my way <_< But legalizing harder drugs (yes im going offtopic because i suck) would probably lead to more use because I think people would figure if the government legalizes it, the substance cant be that bad so it would probably open the doors to many users.

One beer does not make you so blitzed that you roll down the street crying because your legs ran away.
__________________
hey guys I have a sig, look!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:54 PM Komataguri is offline  
Reply With Quote
#472  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
s for the anti drug people I do support one point you make and maybe the pyramid guy can toss something my way <_< But legalizing harder drugs (yes im going offtopic because i suck) would probably lead to more use because I think people would figure if the government legalizes it, the substance cant be that bad so it would probably open the doors to many users.
I dunno, you'd have to be pretty well uninformed to think that hard drugs are totally safe. Cigarette use is down due to people being aware of the dangers of smoking. If we did it how I propose then there would still be PSAs and commercials warning people of the dangers of drugs and when you bought some at the store you'd need to show valid ID and you'd also get a safety sheet, like when you get a new prescription, detailing what you shouldn't do. It would be part of the mandatory packaging. Also, harder drugs would be sold in specialty government shops that only dealt in that, to seperate the supply.

It wouldn't be easy to implement and it wouldn't happen overnight but the goal would be to put the drug cartels out of business by maintaining addicts and others who wanted to indulge on a cheap, clean, and legal supply instead of having them go out and commit crimes to fund their illicit drug taking which in turn fund international drug cartels and crime and terror and terrible things worldwide.

The way we go about it now we spend billions of dollars every year on prohibition and the only result is more of our own people in jail and billions and billions in profits for drug cartels. At least with my system we would spend less time worrying about busting people for what is in their pockets, have a source of money to spend on commercials and enforcement and education, and at the same time our laws and policies would actually be fighting the drug cartels instead of making sure they will continue to exist.

Just to drive the point home here are the latest statistics for drug arrests. We set new records, again.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...ew_record_high

Quote:
The FBI released its annual Uniform Crime Report Monday, and it showed that despite nearly two decades of drug reform efforts, the drug war continues unabated, at least when measured by arrests. According to the report, overall drug arrests hit a record 1.8 million last year, accounting for 13.1% of all arrests in the country. Marijuana arrests totaled 786,545, another all-time high.

More people were arrested for drug offenses last year than for any other offense. Some 1.6 million people were arrested for property crimes, 200,000 fewer than were arrested on drug charges. The number of people arrested on drug charges was more than three times greater than the 603,500 people arrested for violent crimes.

People arrested for drug dealing, manufacture, or cultivation accounted for only 18% of all drug arrests, meaning nearly 1.5 million people were subjected to the tender mercies of the criminal justice system merely because they possessed the wrong substance. When it comes to marijuana arrests, only 12% were for sale or cultivation, meaning some 696,000 people were busted for pot possession.
Also remember that many of the property and other crimes are drug related in that they are committed in order to obtain expensive illicit drugs. Providing a cheaper cleaner safer legal alternatives would reduce crime and save lives and harm reduction measures like clean needles and providing medications that can save people in case of an overdose proactively would reduce the spread of disease and save lives and money and burdens on public emergency services.

People don't commit crimes in order to get alcohol or cigarettes. At most you have kids trying to get around age restrictions. And most of the time you don't have people commiting a crime selling these things either. And again the number one problem is probably age violations. The same should be true for other drugs and we should work on IDs and ID systems so that we can make sure that kids with a color printer and access to a laminater don't also have access to the legal drug system. We should be more concerned with minimizing the overall harm to society than punitively punishing people for what they do to themselves.

Quote:
One beer does not make you so blitzed that you roll down the street crying because your legs ran away.
Nothing is really going to do that to you unless someone were to dose you with some acid or you were to over indulge in a drug you are unfamiliar with.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 09-26-2006 at 12:32 AM..
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#473  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
One beer does not make you so blitzed that you roll down the street crying because your legs ran away.
same with any reasonable amount of marijuana. is it possible with enough? yes. however, at the equivalent amount of alcohol you would be in the hospital.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:18 AM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#474  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Hm, first, I'd like to say I'm not really against legalizing. I don't smoke though. The matter is irrelevant to me.

However, everyone that argues "lol medical usage" and "lol clothes" can well ...go fuck themselves. Medical usage, or textiles, does not have anything to do with recreational use which is what most people want out of the stuff. I would assume that is what most people want that are for legalization in this thread, and that I don't mind.

That is all, have a nice day 420 smoke weed everyday
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-07-2006, 03:45 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#475  

Remkieshta
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
One beer does not make you so blitzed that you roll down the street crying because your legs ran away.

Junkie already owned you but I have to add IF and this is a HUGE IF this happens to you why the hell would you smoke weed? Just because you legalize it doesn't mean everyone will be forced to use it or even become aware that other people are doing it. Even if you are made aware of doing it, it will be no worse than bars and drunk driving already are and I don't see a big movement to destroy alcohol so why should we discriminate agianst a drug that yes, might add to the death tolls but would have sigficantly less crime (and accidents) assosiated with it.

Also, I thought in our system we were innocent untill proven guilty. Just what has marajuana done to prove itself guilty?
__________________
I miss the good old days of spam, just to much mansechs for me.

"You can bite me anytime ;)" - NeedMoreEmo
Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 PM Remkieshta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#476  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remkieshta View Post
Junkie already owned you but I have to add IF and this is a HUGE IF this happens to you why the hell would you smoke weed? Just because you legalize it doesn't mean everyone will be forced to use it or even become aware that other people are doing it. Even if you are made aware of doing it, it will be no worse than bars and drunk driving already are and I don't see a big movement to destroy alcohol so why should we discriminate agianst a drug that yes, might add to the death tolls but would have sigficantly less crime (and accidents) assosiated with it.

Also, I thought in our system we were innocent untill proven guilty. Just what has marajuana done to prove itself guilty?
[sarcasm]Why Johnny? Didn't you see Reefer Madness!?[/sarcasm]
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Old 10-28-2006, 03:06 PM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#477  

Enygma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
Hm, first, I'd like to say I'm not really against legalizing. I don't smoke though. The matter is irrelevant to me.

you should realize that just because you partake, the matter is far from irrelevant to you. the criminality of pot and other drugs is the probably the single largest preventable contributer to crime in the world. it has a far reaching effect that goes far beyond simply being able to get high.
__________________
It is too difficult to think nobly when one thinks only of earning a living. ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau

this sig for sale, PM for details.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 AM Enygma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#478  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma View Post
you should realize that just because you partake, the matter is far from irrelevant to you. the criminality of pot and other drugs is the probably the single largest preventable contributer to crime in the world. it has a far reaching effect that goes far beyond simply being able to get high.

That's almost as poor a reasoning as the medical one.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-06-2006, 07:44 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#479  

Enygma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
That's almost as poor a reasoning as the medical one.

how is that poor reasoning? do you deny that the criminality of drugs has effects other than people simply not being able to get high legally?
__________________
It is too difficult to think nobly when one thinks only of earning a living. ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau

this sig for sale, PM for details.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 AM Enygma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#480  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.