General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

citizen_snips

get a maphack detector with your apm counter, it'll let you know if they can see your forces through the fog of war...

I average maybe 130 apm, but it's a lot of spam :P I play USeast/west citizen_snips (mostly west for the korean )

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Abu-mk2

last game i avg 93 with 160 max at 1 point. its tough controlling an attack while keeping things Qd, buildings upgrading and grabbing an expansion. i cant wait for sc2
"I think we have the makings of a new star..." sanjay

Savenor
Look at my tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBiscuits View Post
it's interesting really; about a year ago i was averaging 100-110, then it sorta got up to 140-160, and then a month or two ago jumped up to 190-200

i think the best way to get faster is just to play a lot as well as understand why/how you won/lost (and other general theorycraft), use hotkeys (the 1-9 and f2-f4 keys) and to pay a lot of attention to your minimap. it's also a mental thing too, you have to realize that you need to get faster and with enough playing you'll get faster too

of course, i can't say that all my clicks aren't spam; spam can be good too since constantly staying at a fast apm is better and more comfortable than going from a low non-spamming apm during lulls and then jumping to a really fast one. speed isn't everything either; i can beat 250apm terrans and lose easily to 140apm protoss players simply due to good/bad gaming sense or timing.
what race do you use mostly, and what strategies?

i haven't played in a while so i'm probably slow as fuck now but i'm going to start playing regularly in anticipation for sc2.

CheeseBiscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savenor View Post
what race do you use mostly, and what strategies?

i haven't played in a while so i'm probably slow as fuck now but i'm going to start playing regularly in anticipation for sc2.

i main zerg

i play a pretty standard game with normal economy builds zvp and zvt and aggressive fast muta builds zvz. i leave cheese builds for the other guy to do since i find you learn more playing standard. i'm not really sure how indepth you want me to go, so i'll leave it at that for now.

Savenor
Look at my tits.

Quote:
i main zerg

i play a pretty standard game with normal economy builds zvp and zvt and aggressive fast muta builds zvz. i leave cheese builds for the other guy to do since i find you learn more playing standard. i'm not really sure how indepth you want me to go, so i'll leave it at that for now.

thats cool. i use zerg mostly too. i'm gonna play nonstop to get back to where i was, although i fear that is impossible now i think i peaked in high school, oh well.

CheeseBiscuits

Quote:
thats cool. i use zerg mostly too. i'm gonna play nonstop to get back to where i was, although i fear that is impossible now i think i peaked in high school, oh well.

i know that feeling all too well. it's so ridiculous, if i stop playing for a week i play so slow for the first few days back. it's like i can never leave or risk having to relearn the game or something.

Savenor
Look at my tits.

Quote:
i know that feeling all too well. it's so ridiculous, if i stop playing for a week i play so slow for the first few days back. it's like i can never leave or risk having to relearn the game or something.

for me, most of the games i dominated in back in my more hardcore gamer days i'm so rusty on, even after long hours of playing again. SC, Tribes, Goldeneye, smash bros and even mariokart i am nowhere near as overpowering, although with starcraft i was never incredibly amazing...i was just the best out of my high school friends ...they all crushed me in CS though

CheeseBiscuits

Quote:
for me, most of the games i dominated in back in my more hardcore gamer days i'm so rusty on, even after long hours of playing again. SC, Tribes, Goldeneye, smash bros and even mariokart i am nowhere near as overpowering, although with starcraft i was never incredibly amazing...i was just the best out of my high school friends ...they all crushed me in CS though

put enough time and energy into sc and you'll be amazed at how much better you are compared to back then