General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

MisterDividend

If I had 50 million dollars, I would try to get my hands on a Lamborghini Reventon, and a 2012 Rolls Royce Phantom. I'd also probably get something like a BMW 7 Series and a Lexus LS460 for daily drivers. Lastly, I would get like 2 cars like some old chevy, put 30 inch rims on it, paint it candy red, and put some subs in it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large

New one from this weekend; not everyone's thing but whatever.

“We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL

someone else

That's yours, right?
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Shooting:
Nikon D300, Rolleiflex 2.8F, Nikon F100, Olympus OM-1, Pentax 645

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large

Nah; just spectating at the Runoffs. That's the guy who won EProd. Friend of mine came in 6th out of 36 which was pretty good considering the competition.

“We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL

Aldaris

occupant

I enjoy a vehicle more the less I pay for it. That said, the cheapest car I ever bought and paid cash for that ran and drove when I got it would be this here 1986 Mercury Lynx, bought when I was 16 and a few months old in November 1994. $60 from an impound auction, $6 for the title, $24.50 for a year of registration. I put the spare on, threw my BMX in the back, tried not to pass any cops since I had no driver's license, and parked it across the street. My girlfriend pretended it was hers and parked it on the curb at her house until I got my license in hand. Then I told my parents about it. Back in 1994 in Indiana, insurance wasn't mandatory and you could title a vehicle at 16. They only thing my parents could do was not let me bring it when we moved to Texas. Probably smart considering it had no air. I sold it for $350.

That said, I'm currently cargasming over the Silhouette minivan I picked up yesterday for $300 cash. Needs some work but nothing I can't handle. Air is cold, heat is hot, everything works, and it's got every option but the DVD system. Exciting shit. All in all when I have it fixed and titled and registered and inspected I should be under $800 and be good to go for a year or two...

I did miss out on buying a 1995 Accord EX 4 cylinder for $200 and a damn near mint 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for $700. While those still hurt a little bit, I have a van to play with now. Mmmmm...auto leveling control...air inflator in back...cassette and CD players...power seats...tachometer...WINDOWS THAT ROLL DOWN and DOORS THAT OPEN FROM BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE HANDLES...fuckin sweet...