General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
I have a friend that works at the local gun store. He said no one makes profit off sales.....and they offer a lifetime warranty if you buy the gun from them, which I want to see what they cover under it, because I may just buy my guns from them.

I understand about the salesmen s , but I'm reading up so much on Sig and other brands.....just seems like I am becoming a Sig fan......just liking it all....

Umm a Ddm4 costs about 1100 and an sr 15 costs around 1800.

I once saw a bushmaster at a local shop for 3700$ which is about a 400$ gun with another 400$ worth of junk accessories on it. So whoever told you they don't make a profit off sales...well they're either completely ignorant of how sales and retail works or the owner of the shop is lying to him.

You're not reading enough if you think the ddm4 is 7000$

Here ya go.
http://www.tombstonetactical.com/cat...-556-16-black/
Best regular ar money can buy.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...4+Carbine+.223
The standard ar which all others are judged.

Didn't look hard and I'm on my phone so can't find the cheapest but you get the idea. But if you want a sig to shoot once a year maybe ask yourself why you even need a piston. Are you doing anything remotely close to the things the "advantages of having a piston gun" bring to the table?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

I <3 Cimarron

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Truly, never EVER EVER take advice from someone who's going to make money off of what they are telling you. Would you take car advice from a car salesman? FUCK NO!

.... you're an idiot

Asa of the Infidel Crew

aoeoae

Quote:
The last person the world I would ever take advice from is a gun store owner or employee. They mark shit up so high and push it over good products and knowing few people know anything about guns, they can say whatever the hell they want and they know most people will believe them.OMG

Phrases like:
"with colt you're just buying the name, bushmaster is just as good"
"I was special forces"
"I used to be a cop so I know"
"this is the gun that killed bin laden"
"you dont even have to aim with shotguns"OMG
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in guerilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
.... you're an idiot

What he says is true, your the gullible idiot if you believe otherwise dumbass.

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in guerilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

300 confirned kills... care to back that up?

Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post

he would but he'd have to kill you

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:

There already confirmed, he doesn't need to back them up.

ritalinjoe

Yeah, I stopped at that point. Should have read the post all the way through to realize how much was in there.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
I'm of the firm belief that you find the right product for the customer, not sway them towards a product with a higher profit margin. You ask them a series of questions, like what it will be used for, how often, the price of maintaining it, etc and then find a product that suits them.

But the best salesman is the one that will help you find what you need or want, not what they want to sell you.

that's exactly how I am. I guess I'm too honest for my own good, but I can't in good conscience rip anyone off. Thankfully, my management actually supports me in this, and see the long term benefit in it.

I heard this the other day, and it's perfectly apropos:

"The softest pillow I can lay my head on to sleep, is a clear conscience."

Wow

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

ritalinjoe

I didn't get into sales to lie to people or con them into the latest, greatest expensive product.

I got into sales to help customers figure out what they want or need. Nothing more, nothing less. And I was considered the best salesman until I told my boss to go fuck himself...

Be honest with someone and they will be a customer for life. Be dishonest and you'll never see them again.

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post

HAHAHA fucking exactly! And with all this experience and wisdom, and all the clearances you must hold, you chose to come back to Podunk USA and make $10/hr sitting behind this gun counter
EXACTLY!

TUT RAGE!!!

Quote:
HAHAHA fucking exactly! And with all this experience and wisdom, and all the clearances you must hold, you chose to come back to Podunk USA and make $10/hr sitting behind this gun counter
EXACTLY!

Don't be a fool, working behind the counter is just a cover.

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUT RAGE!!! View Post
Don't be a fool, working behind the counter is just a cover.

You're right. When he closes the shop...or when the owner lets him leave for the day, we don't see it but he's training the SEALS at his trailer

Fucking gun store people

skully

when buying ANY tool

I fit it to the job I need to do it with. I look at price, usually cheap enough, with used condition guns, from private sellers. I testfire it (or no sale) paying extra $ if required. I use a buckett of gravel to stop the bullets, with a 3 foot long hunk of thick walled steel pipe, 6" in diameter to contain the noise. I use wire around the top sides of the pipe to secure a pc of truck tire inner tube across the top end of the pipe, like a drumhead. a small slit in the rubber admits the barrel, the noise is contained well enough to let me do this in the back of my van, in any parking lot,.